Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Surely a good gesture from Foulger now would be

I totally agree with this statement. If he had the money the set aside to do this then as a Director of NCFC he should be prepared to put this into the budget anyway.

This is assuming this offer wasn''t over and above an amount he had already commited solely to the playing budget...

What a pathetic post, wht should he commit more money out of his OWN pocket, when supporters clearly showed they are not preapred to.

I agree with you, this whole plea saga from Foulger has been a cock up from start to finish, infact i''m sure there are several fans out their who claimed their rebate out of spite after Foulgers guilt trip to fans. The board hasn''t got a clue, I only wish more fans claimed their rebate, but 2 3rds is still not a bad result.

[quote user="supercol"]What a pathetic post, wht should he commit more money out of his OWN pocket, when supporters clearly showed they are not preapred to.[/quote]

Not at all, if Foulger has the money to put into the club then he should do so without trying to guilt trip fans after many years of fantastic support, after all he has to be held partly accountable for why we are now in the third division, so if anyone should have to dig deep into their pockets it''s him not the fans.

he was prepared too pay a million on a worst case scenario if every1 didnt claimed so why if he was prepared too offer this, why doesent he just turn round and say i want norwich to succeed , and put in a million we need money if we have any chance off getting promoted i for one would put the money in if had it

because its not the fans fault this club is in such a mess .

the fans have had to put up with mistake after mistake by the board .

why should it be the loyal fan has to pay for poor footballing decisions ?

the board blundered several times they need to put it right its about time they listened to the fans to be honest foulger has the money otherwise he would not have made the promise. we are playing in the third tier of football besides i think the board owe it to the fans after the worst football showing this club has seen for fifty years .

they are asking other people to put money into the club and we will match it .

its blackmail and its wrong .

I couldnt trust the board to spend it so in keeping with the stance of NCISA claimed it.  Will go straight back to the club if Delia & Co sell up

He will have it pretty much ring fenced with shares and guarantees anyway - so why not! After all he''s been part of the Muppet Team that has brought us here in the first place. Let''s see if he''s a bit more careful spending his own money.

[quote user="dezmondo18"]

he was prepared too pay a million on a worst case scenario if every1 didnt claimed so why if he was prepared too offer this, why doesent he just turn round and say i want norwich to succeed , and put in a million we need money if we have any chance off getting promoted i for one would put the money in if had it

[/quote]

Because it was nothing more than a bribe and an empty gesture in the first place. I think the well-fed poultry farmer should just shut up now.

[quote user="Soldier on"]to say thanks for your support because of that I will donate the full amount anyway??!![/quote]

Great thread!!!

[quote user="Soldier on"]I couldnt trust the board to spend it so in keeping with the stance of NCISA claimed it.  Will go straight back to the club if Delia & Co sell up[/quote]

I claimed mine.  It is far easier to spend someone else''s money.  

However, I do think anyone who claimed a rebate for whatever reason has any moral right to comment on Foulger.  It is grossly hypocritical to tell him to do what you were not willing or able to do yourself

[quote user="llamaman"]Why should foulger fork out more money, when 66% of our supporters didn''t....don''t be a hypocrite[/quote]

Because he''s a director and board member. If my business needs capital I inject it myself, I don''t ask my customers to do so.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="llamaman"]Why should foulger fork out more money, when 66% of our supporters didn''t....don''t be a hypocrite[/quote]

If my business needs capital I inject it myself, I don''t ask my customers to do so.

[/quote]

Exactly! If Marks & Sparks had a bad year do you think they would say to customers, pisst give us £50 each and we will let you in....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="llamaman"]Why should foulger fork out more money, when 66% of our supporters didn''t....don''t be a hypocrite[/quote]

If my business needs capital I inject it myself, I don''t ask my customers to do so.

[/quote]

Exactly! If Marks & Sparks had a bad year do you think they would say to customers, pisst give us £50 each and we will let you in....

[/quote]They might if they were really pisst![:D]

Because he had already indicated that he had a million to spare.

He should be taking the moral high ground here, where he now donates the full amount he was prepared to if every supporter had done what he asked. How is he going to ask for investment from other people and businesses if he doesnt look willing to do it himself, when he was obviously clearly had the funds to do so?

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Not at all, if Foulger has the money to put into the club then he should do so without trying to guilt trip fans after many years of fantastic support.

[/quote]I didn''t claim my rebate and didn''t feel any pressure to make that decision.Calling it a guilt trip is just using emotive language to put your own spin on it to suit your own agenda.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Because he had already indicated that he had a million to spare.

[/quote]No he didn''t, he pledged to match any unclaimed rebates. That does not mean he had "a million to spare" I very much doubt any prediction would have envisaged all supporters leaving their rebate unclaimed, 50% was probably a more realistic best case scenario.The sheer arrogance of people who had a chance to make a difference to our transfer budget but chose not to because of petty spite towards the (admittedly sub standard) board then lambasting Foulger for doing exactly what he pledged is astounding.You''ve got some front, you really have.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Agree or at least round it up to 1 million.[/quote]Yeah.... and then sling his hook

yeah.....

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a poor example, last time I went into Marks & Spencer, they didn''t charge you for walking through the door, it''s free to browse and you can go in and out as often as you want. You only have to pay if you make a purchase.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are prepared to accuse the Club of emotional blackmail over the whole rebate situation and then, in the next breath, are prepared to be generous with someone else''s money!