Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Norwich are signing Wade Small

According to The Daily Mirror......

He is currently a free agent having been released by Sheffield Wednesday. He is a right winger who knows where the net is, 25 years old.

Bump, nobody want to comment?

I think..... good signing. Pacey, direct, knows where the goal is........ sounds like the type of dangerous player that we need.....

Would be a good signing for a free. I would like to see us actually spend some money this summer though, hopefully on some top quality to get us out of Div 1.

We seem to have been linked with him before, sounds ideal, just hope he can cross the ball as well as our previous right winger.With it being in the Mirror, want to hear it from more reliable sources before getting too excited.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]We seem to have been linked with him before, sounds ideal, just hope he can cross the ball as well as our previous right winger.With it being in the Mirror, want to hear it from more reliable sources before getting too excited.[/quote]Won''t be too hard then!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Would be a good signing for a free. I would like to see us actually spend some money this summer though, hopefully on some top quality to get us out of Div 1.[/quote]

Whilst I agree that we should spend some money, we have to be quick to snap up the bosmans while we can. We dont know how many they are hoping to get in or how many will leave.

If we are going to end up with 12 new permanent players, and 6 of those didnt cost a penny..... that can only be a good thing. Clingan was free remember ;-) This year is unique in that at least 700 players are expected to be released from their contracts by the end of this summer...... so we should take advantage of that.

I think that Wade Small would be a good little signing, lot of experience of lower leagues and championships, scored goals at every level he has played, and time on his side!

Good news if true-decent player, pacy AND can actually cross the ball!

No doubt there will be stick-another free, another reject etc, but there are good players out there and being on a free/Bosman doesn''t mean they aren''t decent players.

We do need the proverbial targetman though, its no good having a winger or two unless there is actually someone to aim at, useless banging in the crosses to Curo, Martin or Cody. Oh for a Chris Brown!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Good news if true-decent player, pacy AND can actually cross the ball! No doubt there will be stick-another free, another reject etc, but there are good players out there and being on a free/Bosman doesn''t mean they aren''t decent players. We do need the proverbial targetman though, its no good having a winger or two unless there is actually someone to aim at, useless banging in the crosses to Curo, Martin or Cody. Oh for a Chris Brown![/quote]

I personally think that its great that we are searching for a diamond or two in the rough.  We are clearly skint, so why spent money?  What would we end up with anyway? 500k for a Matty Pattison? 800k for a Cureton? If we dont pay anything for them, we are taking a much smaller risk! 

I also like the age range of players that Gunn has signed so far, its been something like 22, 25, 28, 29 for the players that we have signed on perms with Gunn.....  another 25 if we sign this one. Players at or approaching their prime, and buying young players - instead valuing our own kids!

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"]Wade Small???? wtf.  I thought we only ''did'' 6ft+ players
[/quote]

No that is just your strange twisted take on Butterworth''s comments about needing some tall players in key positions. Like I already said to you in another thread, this does not mean that we are going to play basketball players on the wing.

In case you have never watched a game of football before we need tall players at centre back (e.g. Nelson), up front (e.g. Lee), in the middle of the park (e.g. Jones) and in goal (e.g. Doyle).

I personally think the transfer market is being used well to our advantage so far. We need to get bodies in on a permenant basis. End of. the players we have got in so far (Nelson, Tudur Jones, Gill) haven''t cost a penney.

Regardless of wether they are to quality and play every week they form the squad and create competition for places that we didn''t have last year. They are permenant signings not loans and fit our budget perfectly.

I think Colin Doyle on loan for the season will be next - excellent signing, Shows Rudd and Steer that they can get the number one jersy next season if they break in to the team and impress as Doyle will most likely be on his way next season.

very talented player who hasn''t quite fulfilled his potential, i remember him at Wimbledon on the opposite wing to McAnuff a few years ago and thought he was going to be a great player, at League 1 level he''ll be a real handful and hopefully he''ll finally reach his potential

Did well at MK at this level as I recall although bit of a worry he''s been released by Shef Wednesday. Same papers also had a story a couple of days ago saying Charlton have offered him a contract and all it says is that we have offered him a contract not that we are signing him. May well come down to a choice between us and Charlton again. As he is from Croydon we may not be in the box seat!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Did well at MK at this level as I recall although bit of a worry he''s been released by Shef Wednesday. Same papers also had a story a couple of days ago saying Charlton have offered him a contract and all it says is that we have offered him a contract not that we are signing him. May well come down to a choice between us and Charlton again. As he is from Croydon we may not be in the box seat![/quote]

I thought that as my rumour actually has a source of some sort, unlike people like C.T. and Crabman, I would get away with a slightly sensationalised thread title ;-)

Oh and he played in League Two with MK Dons mate, but still..... 70 odd appearances in the championship..... so he will be fine.

Living in Croydon is a very good reason to want to move as far away as possible (personal experience)

he would be a good signing, lots of pace, finally what we need on the wing, the new hucks!? although i think we will also see him back at a later stage.

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]he would be a good signing, lots of pace, finally what we need on the wing, the new hucks!? although i think we will also see him back at a later stage.[/quote]

Never the new Hucks. Maybe the new Ruel Fox...... just super quick and with a half decent cross...... never the new hucks, hucks is special ;-)

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Ruel Fox was a key part of the best Norwich side ever[/quote]

Yes I know who Ruel Fox is.

He was also the same height as Small, the same colour as Small, quick like Small, and played in the same position. I feel that a comparison with a lot more justified than a comparison with Huckerby...... who is 5 inches taller, a left winger and white.

is this signing close? pretty good freebie if so surely he would favour a london location though if available?

[quote user="Soldier on"]is this signing close? pretty good freebie if so surely he would favour a london location though if available?[/quote]

Its just paper talk mate, but he has played in Milton Keynes and Sheffield....... so not necessarily.

I''d be extremely happy if there was any truth in this! There probably isn''t, butcha know, we can dream!

and disco dale on the other side norwich quick wings and good crosses with big centre backs going up for corners and causing all sorts of problems , linighan and butterworth simple good effective football .

they were the days ..

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Ruel Fox was a key part of the best Norwich side ever[/quote]

Ruel Fox is a legend! how the hell was he never called up for England ahead of Crap like Tony dailey and Geoff thomas?

watch highlights of our 92/93 season.. Villa away.. watch Sutch score the winner after Ruel fox does  peace of skill that Kaka could only dream of doing.. magical!

jas :)