Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

our budget

all this talk about 700k from Foulger and being our transfer kitty. this must be wrong as there is the Marshall money and any budget agreed before the season ended, so me thinks something may be a miss somewhere. we also have the money from the potential sale of any other sales so we should still see some more signings surely? there is also the wages saved from marshall cos i dont believe nelson gill or OTJ are on nearly as much as Marshall was.

thoughts?

I''ve read it that the rebate money is added to the transfer kitty, not that it is the kitty... that seems to be a misunderstanding that is slowly becoming fact through the power of the internet message board.If any player sales money is added as well, and if Wiz''s investment hint come off, then we could be looking at a sizeable sum for this league....

most sides in this division barely have a couple hundred thousand for their playing budget so to have £720k plus whatever budget we had before is far more than the majority of sides in this division will have

Frankly, the statement from the club looked deliberately ambigous to me.Whether this is for our benefit of other clubs, remains to be seen and depends ultimately how low a view you are determined to take of the boards actions. £700k either way is almost certain to be less than the uncertainty in the summers transfer dealings.

who says the Marshall money goes into the player budget ?

the rebates probably means the Marshall fee and the pre-existing budget will be reallocated elsewhere

we all know from bitter experience that transfer expenditure will fall woefully short of tansfer income and that the difference is accounted for in vague terms (agent fees etc).

also as many of Norwich''s purchases are for ''undisclosed'' sums we will never know if the rebate money has been spent in full in addtion to other transfer income etc

If Doomcaster were still here he would say that they wouldn''t declare the amount of any money in the transfer kitty as that would make buying players at a reasonable price that much more difficult.  Either McNally has a different take on that or else if Doomcaster was right, he''s made a big mistake and the chances of any prompt signings in the near future has been blown away as our board squabble over whether to pay an extra £10K for relocation expenses stops a transfer.