Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Please put me right

Am I missing something here?  NCFC is a business that has under achieved for many seasons despite support that 90% of other clubs would kill for.  The rebate was offered as a sweetener to get people to renew after another season of utter drivel.  Any business confident of their product would never have offered such a rebate, and so by offering it in the first place, the club knew it had gotten into a hole that only a giant ladder (or bleedingheart softies) could get them out of it!

I do applaud those who didnt as much as Foulger for matching the sum, however to say that people were wrong to claim the rebate back, or worse still, Foulger for expressing his ''disappointment'' is a case of ''black'' and ''kettle''.  People have been disappointed for quite some time now yet stayed loyal.  I believe that this is the start of a little realism returning to the ranks of fans.

I don''t think anyone is missing anything - the sad thing is that this is still putting supporters against one another, and the club screwed up royally when it came up with this daft rebate notion.  I very much doubt that there were that many people who actually gave a toss about the rebate when they renewed - it certainly wasn''t in my thoughts or anyone else that I know. 

But the fact is that the offer was there, times are tough, many of us are quite understandably disgruntled, and were being offered a refund that amounted to (in my case) £73.20, for doing nothing much [though I was one of those who didn''t take it].  The problem is distilling the amount of rebate taken into cast iron reasons for people having taken it as we just don''t know everyone''s motive/circumstance.

IMO at the end of the day there is and was never a wrong or a right in this rebate thing - some quite reasonably took it, some didn''t, but presumably as season ticket holders we all want what is best for the club, if perhaps disagreeing how it is best achieved.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I don''t think anyone is missing anything - the sad thing is that this is still putting supporters against one another, and the club screwed up royally when it came up with this daft rebate notion.  I very much doubt that there were that many people who actually gave a toss about the rebate when they renewed - it certainly wasn''t in my thoughts or anyone else that I know. 

But the fact is that the offer was there, times are tough, many of us are quite understandably disgruntled, and were being offered a refund that amounted to (in my case) £73.20, for doing nothing much [though I was one of those who didn''t take it].  The problem is distilling the amount of rebate taken into cast iron reasons for people having taken it as we just don''t know everyone''s motive/circumstance.

IMO at the end of the day there is and was never a wrong or a right in this rebate thing - some quite reasonably took it, some didn''t, but presumably as season ticket holders we all want what is best for the club, if perhaps disagreeing how it is best achieved.

[/quote]

...and wouldn''t it be lovely if that was the final comment about the rebate issue on here?

It was a gesture, a detail that stands us apart from so many others that just rip their fans every chance they getYou seriously think that they huddled round a table to devise a scheme that would put "supporters against one another"For what reason?Listen to yourself.

Ah - not exactly what you said I now concede

Taxi......

How about a rocket to a far distant galaxy instead you pompous little knob?.....