Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe???

Another player nearing the end of his Parkhead stay is Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe, who has lambasted former boss Gordon Strachan for his treatment over the last year.

Doumbe scored the winner in the 2007 Scottish Cup Final at the end of a successful loan spell, before fading from the first-team scene after signing a permanent deal. The full-back now b l a m e s S t r a c h a n fo r stymying his career.

''At the beginning, I was a regular starter in the league and the Champions League. I also scored the goal in the cup final,'' said Doumbe.

''Everything was going well then I got injured against AC Milan in October 2007. I came back but the manager gave me a really hard time.

''Last summer, I asked to leave when the club signed Andreas Hinkel. But the manager refused and never played me again.

''Did I annoy him when I asked to leave? I don''t know.

''I tried my luck again in January because Norwich, Coventry and Ujpest i n Hungary were interested. Again, he refused. Outcome? A season on the bench.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1195642/Celtic-closing-Celtic-Striker-decide-Parkhead-end-week.html

This means that Gunn was looking to sign a right back? Fantastic news! we wont get Doumbe now in League One, but thats great news if it means he doesnt rate Otsemober!