Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of Percy Varco

Why oh why...

...has no club shown any interest in Gary Doherty?According to many on this forum he is by far the best player we have so surely someone in the Championship would be interested in buying an experienced international defender.Please someone buy him. I may even give back my rebate to the club if a buyer could be found. Please!

All the negative crap towards the Doc annoys me! He''s a decent player & will be the backbone of our team next season... I expect him to shine in League 1.

Agreed Iwan but you have to remember that there are many posting on here who wouldn''t recognise a footballer if he came up and kicked them in the gonads.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]All the negative crap towards the Doc annoys me! He''s a decent player & will be the backbone of our team next season... I expect him to shine in League 1.[/quote]God help us.  About time he shone somewhere.  Preferably away from CR.[+o(]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]All the negative crap towards the Doc annoys me! He''s a decent player & will be the backbone of our team next season... I expect him to shine in League 1.[/quote]You probably said the same about him when we were relegated from the Premiership....he''ll shine in the Championship....gives his all though so that''s important... Very funny [:D]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Agreed Iwan but you have to remember that there are many posting on here who wouldn''t recognise a footballer if he came up and kicked them in the gonads.[/quote]You being one of them.[:P]

Really? Well I wasn''t stupid enough to vote for Croft as player of the year. Doherty wasn''t responsible for the awful goals against figure last year. Look to who was supposed to be defending our flanks for that. There again many of you think Otsemebor is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="crafty canary"]Really? Well I wasn''t stupid enough to vote for Croft as player of the year. Doherty wasn''t responsible for the awful goals against figure last year. Look to who was supposed to be defending our flanks for that. There again many of you think Otsemebor is wonderful!!!!!!!!!![/quote]You''re right crafty. A central defender should never take any blame for the defensive record of the team. Neither should an awe inspiring captain.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]The list is endless.Doherty must be the highest earner in the club so the saving there alone will enable us to buy 4 to 5 players of the same quality. [/quote]Isn''t the whole point that we get better quality, Ghost?!!

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="crafty canary"]Really? Well I wasn''t stupid enough to vote for Croft as player of the year. Doherty wasn''t responsible for the awful goals against figure last year. Look to who was supposed to be defending our flanks for that. There again many of you think Otsemebor is wonderful!!!!!!!!!![/quote]You''re right crafty. A central defender should never take any blame for the defensive record of the team. Neither should an awe inspiring captain.[/quote]So you are a good judge of a player because you didn''t vote for Croft??Does Doherty not have to take his FAIR share of blame for the goals against?And many of us think Otsemebor is a complete waste of space, and should not wear the yellow and green.

what''s so bad with the doc? He is reliable and only has the club at heart.If we sell him then who have we got?even just have him as backup if not in starting line up

[quote user="ryan1992"]what''s so bad with the doc? He is reliable and only has the club at heart.If we sell him then who have we got?even just have him as backup if not in starting line up[/quote]That I can agree with.[H]

You''re a dreamer oldrobert.

How the hell do you expect us to get better quality. we''re a fu***ng skint 3rd tier football club.

Get real man

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]You''re a dreamer oldrobert.

How the hell do you expect us to get better quality. we''re a fu***ng skint 3rd tier football club.

Get real man[/quote]Surely we can dream Tim....even have hope.  Without hope we have Doherty and Delia.  Of course I will dream and hope!![:D]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]You''re a dreamer oldrobert.

Get real man[/quote]Here''s an idea. We could sell Doherty and buy someone half the price on lower wages who is better quality.The man is utter toilet and if I wasn''t just about to drive home I would launch in to a long diatribe about him.Have a good weekend all

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]You''re a dreamer oldrobert.

Get real man[/quote]Here''s an idea. We could sell Doherty and buy someone half the price on lower wages who is better quality.The man is utter toilet and if I wasn''t just about to drive home I would launch in to a long diatribe about him.Have a good weekend all[/quote]You too.[:D]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Good onya matey. You could be waiting a while though my friend![/quote]Regretfully.....yes.[:(]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]All the negative crap towards the Doc annoys me! He''s a decent player & will be the backbone of our team next season... I expect him to shine in League 1.[/quote]

so do i!

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]You''re a dreamer oldrobert. How the hell do you expect us to get better quality. we''re a fu***ng skint 3rd tier football club. Get real man[/quote]

Here''s an idea. We could sell Doherty and buy someone half the price on lower wages who is better quality.

The man is utter toilet and if I wasn''t just about to drive home I would launch in to a long diatribe about him.

Have a good weekend all

[/quote]

What players are going to be half the price of Doherty on half the amount of the wages as Doherty, and still be better than him ? Get real mate. I am not a big fan of Doherty but at least he plays with his heart. I would obviously rather have Shackell and Nelson in defence next year but I would rather have Nelson and Doherty than have Nelson and some low quality League 2 player.

I don''t see how some can be so negative towards Doc?? At one point he was the only recognised centre back at the club and in a lot of games last season he was a rock at the back. His urges to play rugby has decreased and imo he is a quality centre back and we would be silly to let him go.

[quote user="CanaryKid2k9"]I don''t see how some can be so negative towards Doc?? At one point he was the only recognised centre back at the club and in a lot of games last season he was a rock at the back. His urges to play rugby has decreased and imo he is a quality centre back and we would be silly to let him go.[/quote]I agree.The Doc had about 7 central defensive partners last season or something daft which didn''t help and he was still by far our most consistent defender.