Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Bit of a mistake letting out rebate numbers.

The fans of norwich feel they had a right to know the rebate figures.... Fine. However, every club now knows norwich have 720K to play with... How much will each player we want cost now? ''all of that lovely rebate money please''.It''s a difficult one as the board want to appease the fans as much as they can at the moment but by making this move they''re sort of making a rod for their own backs.

Just what i was thinking. Whatever they done in this situation would be criticised though. [:)]

[quote user="The Chirp"]The fans of norwich feel they had a right to know the rebate figures.... Fine. However, every club now knows norwich have 720K to play with... How much will each player we want cost now? ''all of that lovely rebate money please''.It''s a difficult one as the board want to appease the fans as much as they can at the moment but by making this move they''re sort of making a rod for their own backs.[/quote]Im not sure, its only been reported in the local media. I cant be certain but I doubt very many clubs will have heard about this.

[quote user="hogesar"]Just what i was thinking. Whatever they done in this situation would be criticised though. [:)][/quote]

Its the same in any situation,

e.g. when clingan is finally sold, some posters will complain if the deal goes through for an undisclosed amount.

on the other hand some posters will complain if the actual amount is published.

It''s a no win situation.

720,000K hardly makes us the new Man City does it. I couldn''t give a stuff if other clubs know what kind of money we have. If they demand over the odds for a player then its a case of thanks but no thanks.

What this club desperately needs now is some kind of financial transparency so that the yawning gulf between fans and board doesn''t get any wider

Plus I very much doubt we will see much in the way of transfer fees paid by Norwich city this summer anyway

Foulger has already commented to the press that he will further support Gunns team building plans but the bottom line is in any line of business you pay what you believe something is worth

Any club well enough informed to know this would also be aware that we probably need to bring in at least half a dozen players this summer to rebuild our rather threadbare squad so this will not be much of an disadvantage if any. It would be churlish not to purchase company reports and assimilate any other relevant fiduciary information on other clubs prior to entering negotiations over a player anyway. I''m sure anyone considering a bid for say Sammy Clingan knows far more about our financial health and exposure than the average fan can glean from the local rag and club website.

Do you really think other clubs are sitting there licking their lips thinking oh Norwich have just got £700,000 in rebate money lets stick another couple of hundred thousand on player x they are interested in , i think the idea is frankly laughable .Anyway Gunn only signs freebies so it does not matter who knows how much we have .

[quote user="The Chirp"]The fans of norwich feel they had a right to know the rebate figures.... Fine.

However, every club now knows norwich have 720K to play with... How much will each player we want cost now? ''all of that lovely rebate money please''.

It''s a difficult one as the board want to appease the fans as much as they can at the moment but by making this move they''re sort of making a rod for their own backs.
[/quote]

Sorry, i have to laugh!! £720k. Wow. Bet Man City are shaking in their boots.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Do you really think other clubs are sitting there licking their lips thinking oh Norwich have just got £700,000 in rebate money lets stick another couple of hundred thousand on player x they are interested in , i think the idea is frankly laughable .Anyway Gunn only signs freebies so it does not matter who knows how much we have .
[/quote]

Are you a computer program? A robot, perhaps? All your posts are EXACTLY the same. Only a machine could think in such a one-dimensional manner.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]The fans of norwich feel they had a right to know the rebate figures.... Fine.

However, every club now knows norwich have 720K to play with... How much will each player we want cost now? ''all of that lovely rebate money please''.

It''s a difficult one as the board want to appease the fans as much as they can at the moment but by making this move they''re sort of making a rod for their own backs.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Trust me, its more than that![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Trust me, its more than that![;)]

[/quote]

Sssssssssssssssssh! Dont tell anyone.

Surely this doesn''t really matter because the club are still up to their old pr tricks. In the original announcement article they advised that the sum included wages AND what they had spent on the three new players. Ambiguous enough for any future negotiations which is fair enough.

I do hope that now we have a CEO who has a sales and marketing background he will be able to negotiate in the correct manner unlike our previous hero!

We''ve already got 3 new players in so lets assume they are on £3000 pw ( average League 1 wage) thats £450k gone for this season''s wages plus their agents fees and any signing on fees so there isnt much of the £720k left is there??

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Do you really think other clubs are sitting there licking their lips thinking oh Norwich have just got £700,000 in rebate money lets stick another couple of hundred thousand on player x they are interested in , i think the idea is frankly laughable .Anyway Gunn only signs freebies so it does not matter who knows how much we have .[/quote]that is exactly what happens... agents do the same as clubs, players ask for more cash / signing on fee etc...I''m not surprised you don''t agree and find it laughable - we don''t agree on anything!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]720k WE''RE RICH I TELL YOU, RICH, RICH!!![/quote]It''s a sum of cash and considering the type of player we can attract will now be arount the 500K mark at max if i were say the manager of Crystal Palace i would add another 50k to things... Just how business works... you squeeze every penny out of all you can...