Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Cost of sackings etc, leaves club begging for transfer budget!

The ''Annual Report'' covering the accounts year ended 31/5/07 included a ''wages & salaries'' note in the directors report in which it was stated that ''extra costs associated with the departure of Nigel Worthington were £600,000''.

Add to this similar expenditure incurred with regard the ''departures'' of Grant & Roeder, and it is clear that around £1.5m has been spent on ''sacking'' managers over the past 2 or 3 years.

Why the board would make Worthington a target when looking to replace Roeder is truly incredible! - but that is a different issue.

The 2007 report also included confirmation that around half of the £14.5m wages/salaries cost was relevant to the 128 ''other'' (ie non-player) & 6 directors on the payroll. It also confirms that £2,435,942 was incurred ''on improvements to the stadium and surrounding area, including construction of a road and the fit out of offices''.

Whilst the efforts of Foulger are to be admired, it is very clear that the current debt levels & lack of sufficient transfer funds are as a result of policy at boardroom level.

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]I doubt Roeder cost that much to get rid of, I think there was something in his contract which allowed him to leave cheaper.
[/quote]

This will become clear when the 2009 report (covering year to 31/5/09) is issued.

[quote user="DEBnever forgotten"]Whilst the efforts of Foulger are to be admired, it is very clear that the current debt levels & lack of sufficient transfer funds are as a result of policy at boardroom level.[/quote]Genius! [:S]

I don''t think anyone can argue with your conclusion Deb. ''The Board '' are the decision makers and must take responsibility for their decisions- good or bad.The positive signs, for me, are that change is under way; Two Directors have (almost!) gone and new blood will be brought in (judgement reserved at the moment!)A new, seemingly clued-up CEO has been appointed who appears to be refocusing priorities back to football and away from peripheral activities Mr Foulger appears to be adopting a more high profile role which may well result in more investmentDS appears to be adopting a less high profile role....The Management Team appear to be making some astute signings (judgement reserved again!)We appear to have ''some'' money left to invest in the teamAll in all, I am happy with (and somewhat surprised by!) speed and nature of progress made to date. No, I wouldn''t have chosen Gunn as Manager but there were many people at the time calling for Crook and Butterworth to be involved and nobody will be more pleased than me if Team Gunn prove successful. Truth, is, whoever the Manager was there would have been those for and against...I just hope my new found optimism doesn''t evaporate in the autumn mists....

If we had to pay Roeder off megabuck I will be massively annoyed. Shortly before Roeder was sacked Doncaster told me during a conversation at a fans forum that they had done their research on Roeder and were well aware that he tended to have an immediate impact at a club but then things had a habit of going pear shaped in the second season. This being the case if they did not allow for that in his contract I will be extremely disappointed.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]
I don''t think anyone can argue with your conclusion Deb. ''The Board '' are the decision makers and must take responsibility for their decisions- good or bad.

The positive signs, for me, are that change is under way;

Two Directors have (almost!) gone and new blood will be brought in (judgement reserved at the moment!)

A new, seemingly clued-up CEO has been appointed who appears to be refocusing priorities back to football and away from peripheral activities

Mr Foulger appears to be adopting a more high profile role which may well result in more investment

DS appears to be adopting a less high profile role....

The Management Team appear to be making some astute signings (judgement reserved again!)

We appear to have ''some'' money left to invest in the team

All in all, I am happy with (and somewhat surprised by!) speed and nature of progress made to date. No, I wouldn''t have chosen Gunn as Manager but there were many people at the time calling for Crook and Butterworth to be involved and nobody will be more pleased than me if Team Gunn prove successful. Truth, is, whoever the Manager was there would have been those for and against...

I just hope my new found optimism doesn''t evaporate in the autumn mists....

[/quote]

I wish I could share your optimism!

Good points & well made.

We are very much down to HOPE, rather than expectation with regards our chances for recovery (both on & off the pitch) now.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Coming soon: the Pope''s religious beliefs, revealed at last![/quote]

Gosh you are funny 

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Coming soon: the Pope''s religious beliefs, revealed at last![/quote]

Gosh you are funny 

[/quote]So what''s up with this Michael Jackson guy?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

Gosh you are funny 

[/quote]

So what''s up with this Michael Jackson guy?

[/quote]

He''s de-composing.....

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

Gosh you are funny 

[/quote]

So what''s up with this Michael Jackson guy?

[/quote]

He''s de-composing.....

[/quote]

God.... I post a piece of pure comical genius and yet it falls on stoney ground....

I refuse to let this disappear until it is properly appreciated!.......

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Coming soon: the Pope''s religious beliefs, revealed at last![/quote]Gosh you are funny [/quote]So what''s up with this Michael Jackson guy?[/quote]He''s de-composing.....[/quote][:D][Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Coming soon: the Pope''s religious beliefs, revealed at last![/quote]Gosh you are funny [/quote]So what''s up with this Michael Jackson guy?[/quote]He''s de-composing.....[/quote][:D][Y][/quote]

Thank you Lappy.....I can now move on with my life.  [:)]

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Coming soon: the Pope''s religious beliefs, revealed at last![/quote]Gosh you are funny [/quote]So what''s up with this Michael Jackson guy?[/quote]He''s de-composing.....[/quote][:D][Y][/quote]

Thank you Lappy.....I can now move on with my life.  [:)]

[/quote]I hear Outer Mongolia is nice this time of year.[:D]