Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Croft signs for Derby!

At long last, it has now been confirmed and Croft has signed for Derby. Don''t worry, you won''t be missed!http://www.clubfanzine.com/derby_county/v2.showNews.php?id=25324

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Player of the Season, wasn''t he?[/quote]And what a farce that was.  Should have been Clingan by a street, though he''s leaving too.

Bye bye Crofty, you go with my best wishes. Flattered to deceive but at least you did give us something to cheer with your mars bar runs, shame there was rarely an end result.  

It will be interesting to see how he fares - he may be great for them but I''m far from convinced; my prediction is that like us, they''ll not fault him for effort, but will find him wanting in skill/crossing/shooting which are frankly the areas that you are paying him good money for!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Player of the Season, wasn''t he?[/quote]

And what a farce that was.  Should have been Clingan by a street, though he''s leaving too.
[/quote]

Clingan didnt give a sh*t after January im afraid.. shouldhave been the Doc.. at least he cares....

jas :)

Goodbye, and good luck.I hope he actually learns how to play football.Because with all that huff and puff effort, we may as well have signed up Paula Radcliffe...

Sums up the point made the other day about Michael Nelson, it was said the Hartlepool fans wouldn''t miss Nelson, its been stated by a few on here that we won''t miss Croft, but you can bet your arse Derby fans are pleased with this signing.

and she''s been piss poor too.[quote user="AJ"]Goodbye, and good luck.I hope he actually learns how to play football.Because with all that huff and puff effort, we may as well have signed up Paula Radcliffe...[/quote]

A post from a Derby County message board:

#2 25 Jun 2009 07:53Complain | Quote and reply to userReply to user
Signed: June 2007re: Croft deal sealed ...
Ram41268''s avatarPosts: 6,536
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At last ........ good signing :-)

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Sums up the point made the other day about Michael Nelson, it was said the Hartlepool fans wouldn''t miss Nelson, its been stated by a few on here that we won''t miss Croft, but you can bet your arse Derby fans are pleased with this signing.

[/quote]

Of course they are; the test will be after 10-12 games, we''ll then see if they think he merely flatters to deceive like he did for much of his time at both Man City and with us, or whether he really is ''a good signing''. 

FWIW, I''d have said he''d be a good signing on a free, and quite a few Champ sides would have been happy with him - but if they think they now have their right wing position sorted they will be mistaken.

It has been said that Peter Taylor was the real brains behind the legendary Clough/Taylor partnership. Taylor found the players and Clough did the rest. Given Brians lack of success once the partnership split, is it possible that Nigel Clough lacks the ability to pick a good player too? Could this signing prove it ?.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Player of the Season, wasn''t he?[/quote]And what a farce that was.  Should have been Clingan by a street, though he''s leaving too.[/quote]

Clingan didnt give a sh*t after January im afraid.. shouldhave been the Doc.. at least he cares....

[/quote]This.

[quote user="Hughesy"]

I''m gutted he left us!

wish him all the best for the future.

[/quote]I''m gutted too, but I don''t wish him all the best. We could have got a fee for him if he was in contract, and he knew he was leaving if we went down. Therefore, he lined his own pockets rather than help the club that stood by him and made him attractive to other clubs. Fu ck him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Player of the Season, wasn''t he?[/quote]

And what a farce that was.  Should have been Clingan by a street, though he''s leaving too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely it should have been whoever the majority of those voting supported?

Oh yes it was Croft.   Funny thing democracy.  You may not agree with the result but in a fair election the result speaks for itself.

I''ll miss him. A good player who played with enthusiasm.

Far better than some people on here give him credit for, that is for sure.

[quote user="MCWILL"]

Lee Croft

Read the article on the bbc website and saw this pic. Made me laugh loads! Lee Croft Player of the Season and Gurning Champion 08/09.[:P]

[/quote]"Killer Bee mistakes Croft for pollen"

[quote user="GJP"]

I''ll miss him. A good player who played with enthusiasm.

Far better than some people on here give him credit for, that is for sure.

[/quote]I''ve always thought players like Croft were part of our problem. They earnt their place on the back of a particular talent of which they were very good at, but struggled to make any sort of meaningful impact. Anyway, best wishes to Croft, I''m sad we didn''t get a fee for him, but I felt the time was right for him to go as well.

Now the fans of  the club called Derby

Can count on the services of our Lee

But we couldn''t give a toss

Cos he never could cross

Even though we won''t get any money