Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Ashton in talks with Stoke..

In talks how much have west ham accepted then? You cant talk otherwise.  15% of profit over 7.25 million I believe

If Stoke have their way they''ll have the most injury plagued strike partnership in the league as they''re looking to sign Owen aswell.

[quote user="Lambo"]

If Stoke have their way they''ll have the most injury plagued strike partnership in the league as they''re looking to sign Owen aswell.

[/quote]

I know it''s insane if you ask me as both those players will also be on mega bucks! Even though they have done bugger all for the last 2 years.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

I know it''s insane if you ask me as both those players will also be on mega bucks! Even though they have done bugger all for the last 2 years.

[/quote]

Owen said he will take a big pay cut, and he will probably be on a pay as you play schedule.Also o wouldn''t be suprised if ashton is either.

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Owen said he will take a big pay cut, and he will probably be on a pay as you play schedule.Also o wouldn''t be suprised if ashton is either.

[/quote]

Owen was on £100,000 a week at Newcastle so a big wage cut could still leave him on around £50,000, Stoke might get a few extra shirt sales out of tha but not much more than that IMO.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]Ashton is the latest in that long lineage of English tradition. The talented youngster that spend his twenties injured and overweight, before falling into obscurity.[/quote]

I said the same ages ago when he was still here > [url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1613730/ShowPost.aspx[/url]Another of my many sage posts that posters like Scottlarock would rather denounce and call me an idiot for. [:P]Mind you we''re dealing with an NCFC supporter who''s chosen to live in the centre of Ipsh*t.Nipple-head.

As insulting posts go Shyster, I gotta say that one is impressive. He''s gonna have a job recovering from that attack and coming back with a witty retort! Well done! ;oP

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Fernando Derveld"]Ashton is the latest in that long lineage of English tradition. The talented youngster that spend his twenties injured and overweight, before falling into obscurity.[/quote]

I said the same ages ago when he was still here > [url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1613730/ShowPost.aspx[/url]Another of my many sage posts that posters like Scottlarock would rather denounce and call me an idiot for. [:P]Mind you we''re dealing with an NCFC supporter who''s chosen to live in the centre of Ipsh*t.Nipple-head.

[/quote]another weak attempt Mr Shitster. Why do you keep leaving Primary school style abuse in random threads and then run away???? Are you a coward? For example in the Limericks thread recently you wrote this

Shyster wrote:
There was a young college girl called DownloadsWho befriended a poster named AceThey met up one day with Scottlerock who''s also GayAnd there I rest my case
PEOPLE LAUGHED AT YOUR STUPIDITY AS ITS NOT EVEN A LIMERICKI THEN WROTE

Is that all you''ve got?

There was a poster called ShysterWho really liked it packed tight SirHe lives all alone in CromerHe swears he''s no homerSqueals so much, I think he''s a girl

YOU THEN RAN AWAY POSTING MORE OF YOUR BILE ON OTHER THREADS AND POSTERS, YOU DIDN''T EVEN RESPOND.I think it''s funny that I''ve only posted nearly 400 times but you''re practically as obsessed with me as you are Bowie. It just goes to show the quality of my posts compared to your inane, pre-pubescent and anti-depressant influenced meanderings.   As for living in Ipswich, many Canaries do - the difference between you and I is (well theres many) that I play tricks on the binners and they all know I''m a canary - you sit in front of your pc occasionally nipping out for more tissue paper and coming back home alone.

got any good limericks you fool?

"There was a poster called Shyster
Who really liked it packed tight Sir
He lives all alone in Cromer
He swears he''s no homer
Squeals so much, I think he''s a girl"

Strictly speaking, this isn''t a limerick either as the last line doesn''t rhyme with the first two.

If, and its a big IF, Michael Owen and Dean Ashton are fit then Stoke IMO would have quite possibly one of the most formidable strike partnerships in the league....

Its a monumental gamble, one I applaud their Chairman for taking.

And as for the sell on clause, I think we need to be grateful we got the money we did.  The bloke has hardly played since he was sold.

If I were Stoke I wouldn''t gamble with Owen. If he does get injured they''ll still be forking out a lot in wages for a player who is WAAAAY past his prime. Plus, even if he did do well he''d only leave in Janurary to a club higher up the league anyway. Plus, they already have a good striker in James Beattie, a much more suitable choice for them up front. Ashton is a gamble, but if I had to pick between he and Owen it''d be Ashton. But if I had it my way I''d look to pluck a striker from the Championship to go alongside Beattie, because at least they''d be a bit more reliable (with all due respect to Ashton, a player I like a lot).

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Fernando Derveld"]Ashton is the latest in that long lineage of English tradition. The talented youngster that spend his twenties injured and overweight, before falling into obscurity.
[/quote]

I said the same ages ago when he was still here > [url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1613730/ShowPost.aspx[/url]

Another of my many sage posts that posters like Scottlarock would rather denounce and call me an idiot for. [:P]

Mind you we''re dealing with an NCFC supporter who''s chosen to live in the centre of Ipsh*t.

Nipple-head.

[/quote]

Actually, you talk such a bunch of crap it''s hard to read.

You didn''t say the same ages ago. Your post said he was overrated, nothing about being injured unless my eyes fool me. Ashton was up to the job... anyone remember the FA Cup Final a couple of years ago where Gerrard won man of the match but was only man of the match because Ashton got injured half way through, something my Liverpudlian work colleague doesn''t dispute and if you watch the final you couldn''t dispute either. Being up to the job isn''t the problem, it''s the fact his body is made of glass, which is completely different to what you said in that post you are referencing.

Try to make your posts credible, then i wouldn''t have to rip them apart.