royhollis4

Aviva dinner last night at the club

[quote user="lappinitup"]Wiz already told us! [;)][/quote]

Eh?

Oh no I didn''t Lapps.............thats not quite the info I have.[;)]

[quote user="royhollis4"]

Apparently rumours were going around at last night''s dinner that the club will

change hands next Wednesday 1st July.

[/quote]Aren''t the shareholders supposed to be informed? I don''t know how these things work but thought at least the shareholders may have to be informed?

I''ve heard, from an impeccable source, that the main backers of the consortium are Les Dennis, the Kemp brothers from Spandau Ballet and Andrew Ridgely - all MASSIVE Norwich fans. The new backers will purchase a controlling share. The Stowmarket Two will retain an interest and take a lower profile.

The deal will be announced at a press conference on the morning of Wed 1 July followed by a visit for the new owners to the Royal Norfolk Show

You heard it here first!

Major

[quote user="Major Bumpkin DSO"]

I''ve heard, from an impeccable source, that the main backers of the consortium are Les Dennis, the Kemp brothers from Spandau Ballet and Andrew Ridgely - all MASSIVE Norwich fans. The new backers will purchase a controlling share. The Stowmarket Two will retain an interest and take a lower profile.

The deal will be announced at a press conference on the morning of Wed 1 July followed by a visit for the new owners to the Royal Norfolk Show

You heard it here first!

Major

[/quote]To cut a long story short, that is a gold rumour. I just hope it''s more than a Careless Whisper (and yes I know that was Goerge Michael but it''s the best I can do at short notice on a Friday afternoon)

Rather sadly Les Dennis isn''t one of the two!Sorry to dispel any illusions and all that...

[quote user="Major Bumpkin DSO"]Have you been on Family Fortunes? Were you the lady in the very floral kaftan with the club foot?[/quote]Did she have a beard? If so, it was probably Demis Roussos. Then again, I''m not sure if LQ has a beard! [*-)]

I could have sworn it was you. Big-boned lady (to be kind) with very thick ankles, one shoe built up by about 9 inches with calipers? I''ve seen you sitting on the benches outside the Guildhall catching your breath, always weighed down by lots of Poundland carrier bags.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Major Bumpkin DSO"]Have you been on Family Fortunes? Were you the lady in the very floral kaftan with the club foot?[/quote]Did she have a beard? If so, it was probably Demis Roussos. Then again, I''m not sure if LQ has a beard! [*-)][/quote]

She goes commando.

Believe.

OTBC

I''ll step away from this one I think!Blimey, weight, age, now it''s "have you got a beard"! Whatever next???[8-)]

[quote user="LQ"]I''ll step away from this one I think!Blimey, weight, age, now it''s "have you got a beard"! Whatever next???[8-)]

[/quote]I think George Michael used to have a beard...Are you Greek?

No - I''m not Greek!There''ll be a 20 questions thread next.Isn''t there any football to talk about?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="LQ"]I''ll step away from this one I think!Blimey, weight, age, now it''s "have you got a beard"! Whatever next???[8-)]

[/quote]I think George Michael used to have a beard...Are you Greek?[/quote]I was right, here she is

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="LQ"]I''ll step away from this one I think!Blimey, weight, age, now it''s "have you got a beard"! Whatever next???[8-)]

[/quote]I think George Michael used to have a beard...Are you Greek?[/quote]I was right, here she is[/quote]LOL!

I''m NOT Greek!I''m English of Italian descent. OK?Jeez...you people...[:P]

Well you certainly seem Greek to me, but if you insist on pretending to be Italian.

Quanto tempo avete vissuto in Inghilterra?

[quote user="LQ"]I''m NOT Greek!

I''m English of Italian descent. OK?[/quote]Was your grandad in the Mafia? [:^)]