Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Close season progress

So what do people think of our progress since the drop. 3 signings, a few departures and a great off field replacement to ND.

Do you see the necessary vision and energy to turn things around or are we drifting?

Has there been enough urgency or are we jogging along when we should be running?

Are we showing the right level of ambition or are we in terminal decline?

Well?

Positive so far, although not hugely so. The key things for me that are unresolved are how many of the higher quality players we hang on to. If, in no particular order, Wes, Sammy, The Doc, Dejan, Rusty and... er that''s probably it... all leave, then it will be a stark illustration of how poor our finances really are. If we hang on to most of the senior players with decent experience at a higher level then I will feel we genuinely are aiming to go straight back up. Alternatively if we recruit five or more players of the like those we''ve just signed, that would increase my positivity too. Spending some real money on someone like Lee would be a real signal of intent. A proven manager would help enormously too. [:(]

So far I''m disappointed. The 3 new players look ok, as for Mr McNally he has a long way to go before he lives up to all the talking he''s doing about FOOTBALL. My biggest worry is still the board set up. No new faces no new money and the same old people in charge. This board lost my trust years ago and there has to be a lot more changes at the top before I believe another word they say. 2 out of 3 season ticket holders would not give the board anymore money even when it was supposed to go into the new players fund, again I think that trust played a big part of that monetary vote of no confidence in this board. Only time will tell if we are being told the truth.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

With the probable departures to come we are very badly short of the following:

1. Pace

2. Creativity in the centre of midfield

3. Goalscoring

Lets hope we dont end up with a team of Andy Hughes type battlers.

Looking for substantial developments in the next 7 days to sort out the problems raised by Desert Fox.Clearly what is going to be a new team needs time to gel together and be match fit for a good start to  the season.

[quote user="BBFF"]

So far I''m disappointed. The 3 new players look ok, as for Mr McNally he has a long way to go before he lives up to all the talking he''s doing about FOOTBALL. My biggest worry is still the board set up. No new faces no new money and the same old people in charge. This board lost my trust years ago and there has to be a lot more changes at the top before I believe another word they say. 2 out of 3 season ticket holders would not give the board anymore money even when it was supposed to go into the new players fund, again I think that trust played a big part of that monetary vote of no confidence in this board. Only time will tell if we are being told the truth.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]Sleep [|-)]