Sign in to follow this  

Why was this not goal of the season?

I scored one like that in training the other week. I wont stop going on about it for weeks now . . . . . . I think mine was more of a speculative effort mind you where as Safri actually looked like he meant it.What a bargain buy he was. That goal alone must have been worth his transfer fee.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Unless you play for man utd/ liverpool/ chelsea or arsenal forget it .
[/quote]

Exactly, people seem to think that the ''big 4'' are the only teams in britain. It would take something out of this world to be noticed if you aren''t in these teams

I was at that game.  Can remember that goal as clear as day.  Pat Kluivert scored 2 if I remember rightly, whatever happened to him......

That goal was awesome though, must be a good 35 yards away.....

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I was at that game.  Can remember that goal as clear as day.  Pat Kluivert scored 2 if I remember rightly, whatever happened to him......

That goal was awesome though, must be a good 35 yards away.....

[/quote]

We won 2-1. Kluivert cancelled out Safri''s wondergoal with a last minute equiliser before Ashton scored the winner in injury time!

Happy days

Yeah, that was the same month henry got goal of the month against us, and Hucks scored an identical goal, but went past 1 more player, and wasnt a contender as well, stupid sucky prem fans.

I missed two home games that season. Arsenal, because i was at Reading Festival, and Newcastle, because i couldn''t get back from Uni on a Tuesday night.

How gutted was i when i saw that goal on the news?!

Non Norwich fans always remind me of that goal, so it is still a very well known goal...... I think that Safri is known for it, so it didnt need to win an award....

I was sitting right behind that goal at the time, I will never forget hearing the noise it made when it hit the back of the net - before the noise from the fans, even at that distance it nearly broke the net......

A true rocket of a goal, dont think I have ever known a Norwich goal to be hit as hard as that. 

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Unless you play for man utd/ liverpool/ chelsea or arsenal forget it .[/quote]

Exactly, people seem to think that the ''big 4'' are the only teams in britain. It would take something out of this world to be noticed if you aren''t in these teams

[/quote]joe garner scored a wonderous chip for forest this year. didn''t make a splash at all, but if it had been rooney.....

[quote user="kirku"][quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Unless you play for man utd/ liverpool/ chelsea or arsenal forget it .[/quote]

[/quote]joe garner scored a wonderous chip for forest this year. didn''t make a splash at all, but if it had been rooney.....[/quote]and here it ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxHcif20Vo

[quote user="AndyJR"]

This would have won hands down but shamefully, lower league football never gets a look in.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TSXjTn2lF8

[/quote]Err... didn''t go inSafri, met him a few times, what a lovely man. Shafted by Grant, the club and the fans. Would rank in my all time top 10 Norwich players.I was on a loooong car trip in Mexico when they equalised and my daughter text me the news. So Gutted. Then she called my from the Barlcay when that went in..... couldn''t hear what she was saying even two minutes laterWhat a player, destroyed Man U midfield by himself.And Worthington preferred Holt. What a twat

[quote user="Shake n'' Vac the bas***d meerkat up"]I seem to remember there were a number of good goals, but as usual the ''well knowns'' tend to get the nod. 
[/quote

because only norwich and newcastle fans at the groud saw that goal, whereas people watched the opening few games on MOTD, bt we were nearer the end so went unseen!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Shake n'' Vac the bas***d meerkat up"]I seem to remember there were a number of good goals, but as usual the ''well knowns'' tend to get the nod. 
[/quote

because only norwich and newcastle fans at the groud saw that goal, whereas people watched the opening few games on MOTD, bt we were nearer the end so went unseen!

[/quote]

Hi Cluck.