Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Freebies

There are a group (or groups) of people that get free seats to the matches at Carrow Road. Seems to me this should stop in the currect climate of redundancies and asking for financial help.  If you know who these people or jobs are how about listing them?

aren''t they mostly ''corporate hospitality''  for which the company involved pays highly (normally through sposorship)

[quote user="spudgfsh"]aren''t they mostly ''corporate hospitality''  for which the company involved pays highly (normally through sposorship)[/quote]

Never mind that, burn them! Buuurrrrnnnn them!!!

[;)]

[quote user="Bobert"]There are a group (or groups) of people that get free seats to the matches at Carrow Road. Seems to me this should stop in the currect climate of redundancies and asking for financial help.  If you know who these people or jobs are how about listing them?[/quote]

Schools often get free seats to the games, tying in with projects in the club''s education center.

[quote user="Bobert"]There are a group (or groups) of people that get free seats to the matches at Carrow Road. Seems to me this should stop in the currect climate of redundancies and asking for financial help.  If you know who these people or jobs are how about listing them?[/quote]

The only people that I know who get free tickets are:-

Occassionally Schools (Normally 30 tickets per game)

Two charities get 10 each (one for elderly and one for mentally handicapped)

Staff (many of whom have taken pay cuts, if their jobs still exist)

Academy Players

A couple for each player.

Do you really want this club to sink so low that it stops giving tickets to schools and charities? If anything they should give MORE on the basis that there will be empty seats next season!

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

Schools often get free seats to the games, tying in with projects in the club''s education center.

[/quote]

there not FREE, there just given at a discounted price, which hopefully gets them hooked, and this helps financially in the future when the go again! 

i work for aviva and they give away tickets for most matches as either freebies or competitions , as funny as it seems these tickets hardly ever get used seems a waste

[quote user="dezmondo18"]i work for aviva and they give away tickets for most matches as either freebies or competitions , as funny as it seems these tickets hardly ever get used seems a waste
[/quote]

would seem more of a waste to me if we had gates of 25,000 next year, but I suspect that they wont be able to ''give away'' the tickets next year to some games.

personally i would be happy if they gave 1,000 tickets every game to schoolkids and old peoples homes etc.... better than empty seats, and most of them would spend a few quid on fizzy drinks and chocolate at half time.....

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Staff (many of whom have taken pay cuts, if their jobs still exist)

[/quote]

I can tell you that almost no staff get free tickets at Carrow Road. The main reason being that they''re working on matchday....[:|]

Former players get a pair of free tickets for most home games. This I know to be a fact. Normally in the upper barclay.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="dezmondo18"]i work for aviva and they give away tickets for most matches as either freebies or competitions , as funny as it seems these tickets hardly ever get used seems a waste[/quote]

would seem more of a waste to me if we had gates of 25,000 next year, but I suspect that they wont be able to ''give away'' the tickets next year to some games.

personally i would be happy if they gave 1,000 tickets every game to schoolkids and old peoples homes etc.... better than empty seats, and most of them would spend a few quid on fizzy drinks and chocolate at half time.....

[/quote]How many old people do you think can afford the prices for fizzy drinks and chocolate at CR.  Get real.

[quote user="Romantic"]I think sponsors get concessionary seats or box seats too don''t they?[/quote]Yeah, we should stop this - what''s the sense in giving away free tickets to people who pay lots of money to the club!!!!!

I''ve been to a few games for free before because the company I worked for advertised on Radio Broadland and they let us see a few games a year in their box. I suppose that Radio Broadland paid the club for the box in the first place though. It was a horrible experience, I spent the whole game wishing I was over in the lower barclay as usual. Did get a free lunch though.