Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

David James misses training = Green on the bench?

Fluid on his knee..? Poor David James, don''t suppose he allowed the glass of water before bedtime to slip through his hands did he?

Once a Calamity, always a Calamity I guess...

"The only absentee from England''s training session at Manchester United''s Carrington training ground today was David James, the Manchester City goalkeeper, who complained of fluid on his knee this morning."

And the bad news is :-

"The problem is not expected to make James, who lost his place to Paul Robinson for last month''s victory in Poland, miss Saturday''s game."

That problem may not force James to miss the match, but being a shoddy keeper ought to. Never rated him as a top keeper.

Doesn''t bother me too much anyway, International footie doesn''t hold as much sway as the far superior League games. I''m find myself increasingly exasperated at the stop-start momentum of the Premiership this year where we seem to play 3-4 games ina row, building up some kind of frenetiscism (is that a word?!) and then an International comes along and the momentum is lost.

My recent crocked knee left me with two fluid sacs, one above and one below my kneecap, resulting in me being totally unable to bend my knee and to walk, let alone run, for several days.  Now I suppose that dear old Calamity will get the best treatment possible whereas I couldn''t even get out of bed let alone get to the doctor''s surgery, so he might be ok for Saturday, and the cause of his problem might be less serious than mine...but I would say that there''s still a good chance that they won''t risk it, even if the fluid has gone down.  Remember that fluid''s there for a reason and it''s to protect something that is damaged underneath, so they may well exercise caution and we could see Greeno on the bench!

Suzi, in light of your knee-related revelation (to me anyway) I''d like to apologise for my frivolous comments concerning a situation which is undoubtedly causing you discomfort and pain. Hope the knee is back in tip-top working condition asap and you''re back with the all-chanting, all-walking Yella Army soon.

ps: still think James is a Calamitous excuse for a goalkeeper.

How I''d chuckle if Rio missed the game through forgetfulness.