Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Axe to Fall

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I hope the well fit chicks from the Ticket Office remain, they occasionally get a spare seat in the snakepit!! [:P][;)][<:o)]
[/quote]

Dirty little sod......

[/quote]

Pull the other one Cluck...........surely you must be into fit chicks?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I hope the well fit chicks from the Ticket Office remain, they occasionally get a spare seat in the snakepit!! [:P][;)][<:o)]
[/quote]

Dirty little sod......

[/quote]

Pull the other one Cluck...........surely you must be into fit chicks?

[/quote]

Chicks in my world as a bird Snakepit are fledglings.... and I assure you my name is not Gary Glitter!

How extremely dare you?.......

[quote user="IBA"]So are you implying that the £750k profit attributed to the catering is false?

Tried booking a table on match day?

Get real

Come on
[/quote]

Have you tried to book a table on non match days.

Yellows is open from 11 am to 11 pm, and I go there quiet often for its quitness, and the buy one get on free offers you can get on a regular basis.

There are always about 4 waitresses and 3 chefs. At the most I have seen 5 full tables .

So get real IBA,

I  also hope your job is safe within the club. No one wants to see any one losing their job.

You can make an argument either way on this one. Depends on when you want to talk about. Delia''s restaurant is generally full to capacity every Saturday night, Fridays not far short. Yellows is quiet at certain times of the day, as is any restaurant in the city. Call in before 12 on any day for a coffee (lot cjheaper than starbucks etc) and it will be quiet. Most evenings after 7.30 it is well over 50 % full. You will always see empty tables as they stagger the bookings as the kitchen can''t cope with everyone turning up at the same time.

Those on here who want to have a go at the non match day catering really have no understanding of the restaraunt trade at present. Most Norwich restaurants would kill for half the trade.

The cook might struggle at running a football club but she is certainly a hell of a lot more succesful at running restaurants at present than some so called celebrity chefs who are going bust.

Jbghost,

"Those on here who want to have a go at the non match day catering really have no understanding of the restaraunt trade at present."

I understand the point you are making but most fans on here are interested in the fottball team and not the restaurant trade- we are not playing a celebrity chef popularity league. One of the themes of this thread is that it is doubtful whether non-matchday catering is actually paying its way, which is another way of saying that the football team may be suffering from a shortfall of investment.

My point Desert Fox was to suggest that it does actually more than pay it''s way and makes a positive contribution to the footballing side of the business. If it didn''t it would have gone the same way as the travel business.

This I am afriad we are unlikly to find out since the information is not in the public domain. My hunch is that it isnt and that the vanity of the majority shareholders will prevent them from taking the course of action you describe. But equally I unable to factually argue against someone who may hold the opposite view. Time will tell and we wont probbaly know until after they have left the club.

I''d suggest that the travel business has a great deal less capital tied up in it than the catering business, and cost a great deal less to close in terms of paying redundancies and writing off the cost of setting it up, so much was easier to dispose off.

The catering business is one of the great mysteries of the NCFC finances (well it is to me anyway). It must have cost a fortune to kit out the restaurants, kitchens, and all the other stuff needed to get it to run, before there are any day to day running costs such as salaries, maitenence of the fixed assets, costs of providing meals etc.

We might be making money on it, but it''s what it''s cost us in terms of capital expenditure, confuses me.

But this is old ground again. Sorry.

[quote user="Desert Fox"] My hunch is that it isnt and that the vanity of the majority shareholders will prevent them from taking the course of action you describe. But equally I unable to factually argue against someone who may hold the opposite view. Time will tell and we wont probbaly know until after they have left the club.[/quote]

That was the other point I was going to make, but forgot. The closure or admitting that the catering business is not the wonderful profitable operation that NCFC would have us believe would represent a huge loss of face for Delia, so I can''t see it closing (or part of it closing) ahead of say the travel business.

My view is that the Turners worked this out, but option of slaughtering the sacred cow of NCFC was not an option for Delia. Their advice was ignored so they departed.

As DF says, all may well be revealed, but not for sometime though.

Iss not nice to see people losing jobs but I do fee lthat the club was just employing too many people and it has to be said that alot of these people just diddnt seem to have a clue. One example is the bar staff inside the groud. I sit in the baclay and find them useless. Even at half time when it is extremely busy they still seem to move slower than tortoises and it really does take forever for them to actually do anything.

The club shop is also a joke. I remember going in there a few hours before kick off when it was still pretty quiet. There must have been about 6 members of staff standing around doing nothing and talking while I had to wait around 5 minutes behind one person in the queue. I also wonder about that ticket office. It is pretty big and I have been there in the week when half of them again just seem to be sitting ther doing nothing