Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

just when did that Pride dissapear

even at the tail end of last season you could walk around the city and see people wearing their city shirts, still clinging onto the fact we were a championship side and displaying some pride at being associated with the club.

It''s occured to me in the last month and a bit that those shirts have now dissapeard from the streets. people who once wore their city shirts with pride on non match days are now no longer wearing them, it saddens me to say that the heart has been ripped out of the city not just the football club.

I used to have people stop me in the street to debate City when i wore my shirt out and about.. it simply doesnt happen now, people just look and sadly walk on with morose looks on their faces.

do you still wear yours?

I havetn worn either of my city shirts in a while purely because im ashamed of the club at the monent and ashamed at what its become....

come next season all will be different im sure but at the moment its not

i still wear mine...i am and will always be a city supporter...yes its poo we are in div 1...yes our board is crap...yes our manager hasnt a clue...but i will support the team none the less...i just hope we bounce back quick

I''m still proud. But I recall the atmosphere on various underground trains away from Fulham on ''that'' day. Other fans couldn''t even find it in themselves to take the p*ss. They were embarrassed for us and a little sorry I think. That was really odd and I said at the time that it could cripple us motivationally. I think Worthington''s a cracking manager but that day had the beating of him and it scarred the hell out of some really good players too. I think some serious pride (or something akin to pride) was eroded in West London and we''ve since had no reason to get it back. I hope that this season is seen as the ultimate opportunity to change the atmosphere around the team and to recognise that positivity is a must. Surely the amount of cash and energy needed to change things around is less at this level, therefore there can be no excuse whatsoever for anything other than a full on charge at the target of promotion. We see evidence of that and how can we be anything other than proud?

My 8 year old son was on a recent soccer course at half term, in Northampton, and when they asked him who he supported he said England, poor lad!!!

Im wearing mine today. MCwill will tell you that i always try to wear something NCFC every day! I''ve got the new white shirt on today.

Jas,when the new season starts all the shirts will appear again,at the moment i think fans are still just fed up,if i wear any of my numerous Cty t-shirts i get no end of stick from my work mates and it does get on my t*** but i''m still proud to support NORWICH CITY but when they start to take the p out of Delia and Sheriff Gunn i just let them get on with it,infact i join in!![;)]

I have never ever worn my shirt unless I''m playing football or watching the mighty Norwich. It''s like the nobheads who wear football shirts abroad. Can''t stand it. It''s not because I am embarressed by Norwich, far from it, even now. It''s because I find it sad that grown men wear football shirts.

I don''t think the pride has gone, it''s just the summer lull which happens around this time of year.  Plenty of other events to look forward to, namely the Ashes!!  Have to say, wearing footy shirts is''nt my cup of tea but good on those that do.  Certainly does''nt make me any less proud to support the mighty City.  OTBC!!!

On my visit to Wimbledon on Wednesday I saw only two football shirts all day - a Man U one as you''d expect, and an NCFC one. They still get everywhere.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I have never ever worn my shirt unless I''m playing football or watching the mighty Norwich. It''s like the nobheads who wear football shirts abroad. Can''t stand it. It''s not because I am embarressed by Norwich, far from it, even now. It''s because I find it sad that grown men wear football shirts.[/quote]

ditto, Only wear when playing or watch!

Stopped wearing it in public when i was 16.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]i still wear mine...i am and will always be a city supporter...yes its poo we are in div 1...yes our board is crap...yes our manager hasnt a clue...but i will support the team none the less...i just hope we bounce back quick[/quote]

Agreed!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]i still wear mine...i am and will always be a city supporter...yes its poo we are in div 1...yes our board is crap...yes our manager hasnt a clue...but i will support the team none the less...i just hope we bounce back quick[/quote]

Agreed!

Last time i wore any of my City shirts in public must of been about 8 months ago when i was at college.I would wear it in public if our club had done something to be proud of (i.e. stay in the Championship), but on the basis of how poor we are it just verges on embarassment now.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

When did the Pride Disappear?.....

When we became ''The Delia Brand''..... 

[/quote]

Me too....

When we became "Delia''s Norwich" according to the national media... that was it.

It''s all very sad....... but could be rectified quite easily.

When did the Pride Disappear?.....

When ­ ­the above happened.  We became a laughing stock.

[quote user="OldRobert"]When did the Pride Disappear?.....

When the above happened.  We became a laughing stock.[/quote]

I have my shirt (unworn) signed by our abject failures (plus some of those returned to sender and one of Cardiff''s and Derby''s NEW HEROES) taking pride of place in my wardrobe Jas.

My pride in my club has never disappeared and I hope it never will.

It will take more than bloody Delia and MWJ to do that.

If there is one thing I have learnt in 55 years of supporting this club is that good times and bad times come and go. Nothing is forever and certainly not this board or the Stowmarket two.

OTBC

I very rarely wear mine on Matchday''s let alone when i''m out and about. I only ever really wear footy shirts when i''m playing.

I have brought everyhome kit since 1996 except the most recent one however.

I haven''t worn mine in a while, can''t bring myself to just yet. Being that I now live on the other side of the country, people here either don''t recognise the shirt or if they do they take the p*ss.Cheltenham has never been massive on football though it did make a little surge when they got promoted to League 1, but they only have a tiny stadium (7000 capacity) and it''s in Whaddon - which is like having Carrow Road in the middle of the Larkman.When people here like football here they nearly ALL support Liverpool - I know more fans of Liverpool than fans of all other clubs combined! Seriously - I know about 15+ Liverpool fans - it''s so bad I''m really beginning to hate Liverpool, they''re like the new Man Utd to me!...sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there...[:$]

Currently i mostly sawp between the new away shirt, and a Barca new home, and the blue Barca shirt, so i still wear my Norwich shirt :D

Spot on.  Me too.....

I''m buying the new white shirt pretty soon and hope to be wearing it quite often. My personal favourite shirt at present is the 2003/04 promotion shirt, I guess it reminds me of happier times [;)]I still see customers come into work clad in Norwich shirts on a semi-regular basis depending on what section I''m on. Where the sporty stuff is there''s usually a few about when it''s busy. I think the reason that people aren''t really feeling the whole pride thing at the moment is thanks to the likes of Roeder who tarnished it. But with a good start to the new season the pride will certainly return.