Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Bids turned down for Hoolahan

This comes from the guy on ncfc-fans.co.uk who kept us informed a month before Hoolahan signed last season.

"There have been a couple of bids for Hoolahan but the club are taking a not for sale stance at the moment. Remains to be seen how much they can afford to refuse but he is under contract and if Norwich do not want to sell him then he will be playing at Norwich this coming season."

This is good, but I imagine he has a release clause, especially as we''ve gone down. Hopefully a lot more than the 250k he had a Blackpool. Given his relatively high stature when he signed for us hopefully his release clause is around £1m, and hopefully nobody will want to pay it.

If the team is set up correctly, and we have enough physical strength in the right positions, in order to give Wes the space he needs-  he could well be the difference next season, in my opinion, of course.

I believe Leicester are one of the clubs sniffing around Hoolahan, but think the price you are demanding is too high, make of that what you will.

I believe we would not have been relegated if he did''nt get that ankle injury, we missed him more that anyone over those final matches

[quote user="swindoncanary"]

I believe we would not have been relegated if he did''nt get that ankle injury, we missed him more that anyone over those final matches

[/quote]

Definately agree with that, Hoolahan looked a different player under Gunn plus it allowed Gow to play up-front where he was a far more effective player.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]

[/quote]

That is correct. We need Hoolahan at carrow Road not laying for another club.

But we also need a big striker plus wingers and another goalkeeper and full back .......

[quote user="I am a Banana"]he is a match winner - we must keep - simples[/quote]Huckerby?

I very much hope this is true. About time we put up a fight to keep hold of a player or two rather than accepting the first bid that comes along from some mediocre team that in truth we should be competing with on every front. If he is sold then it will have to be for silly money. Clingan is a great player but replaceable. Hoolahan has that little something different and I think he likes playing for Gunn. if he''s still in our squad next season I will be far more confident than if he''s not. Without him I just don''t see where the creativity or flair will come from.

I hope you don''t keep him to be honest. I am a Blackpool fan and i saw him play week in week out for us in League 1, and honestly it was stupid. He was too good for it by far, if you get the best out of him you will only need him on the pitch. He practically won us every game single-handidly.On the other hand if you do manage to keep him, fair play. That''s some serious ambition. Just saying he made himself look that good in League 1 with us, he attracted a lot of Premiership attention.

^Exactly why i want him to stay, he knows this league and knows what to expect from defenders.

Nice to see a Blackpool fan still rating him too, thanks for the input mate, hope to see you post a few more times.