Sign in to follow this  
John

Contracts for Norwich City academy prospects

I also think that Gunn''s policy of genuine development of young players has been a breath of fresh air and long overdue at CR. Cody, the 6 academy players already given contracts, the Cambridge City lad on trial and now these 3 youngsters bode well for the future.

If its the same David Nwaogu that was at Reading then this guy is meant to have a big future.

These guys cost little in wages and want to play. Not every one of them will work out here but we need to give them a chance - something we have seen very few of our own players given for a while with only a couple of exceptions. Goodluck to these guys and I hope that some of them see some action either on loan or in out first team this year. Also with those that have already come through in the likes of Adeyemi and Smith etc.Just as we can find uncut diamonds in the lower leagues, I believe we can find some in our own back yard.The future''s bright - or is that just the sun glaring off Smudgers head?

Great news to see these three very promising young footballers being offered professional contracts. Well deserved and congratulations to all three of them.

Whilst I am not privy to the whys & wherefores of tactical decisions at the Academy I would like to see Josh Dawkin playing more on the right and thereby staking a very strong claim, I am sure, for the next professional contract to be awarded. And good luck too, in the year ahead, to all the other year 2 scholars who have not received a mention here

Used to play football with Habba, quality player. Always looked like he was going to make it and let''s hope he makes a claim for a first team spot before too long.

Great news, but the key will be getting the very best out of them and time will tell if team Gunn are the people to do it. I expect one or two loans to go through in the future so they can get some more experience elsewhere.

I honestly believe they would not have signed on if we had remained in the championship, these young boys will not stand a chance in league 1,maybe i''m being harsh but i feel it''s circumstance rather than choice!

That is now 12 academy products with contracts in our squad. Which is half of it.

RUDD

SPILLANE

DUMIC

STEPHENS

HABERGHAM

SMITH

ADEYEMI

LATHROPE

DALEY

MARTIN

KELLY

RENTON

[quote user="ncfclad"]That is now 12 academy products with contracts in our squad. Which is half of it. RUDD SPILLANE DUMIC STEPHENS HABERGHAM SMITH ADEYEMI LATHROPE DALEY MARTIN KELLY RENTON[/quote]

I rate 6 of them as good enough to make a career out of football, and the other 6 as a bunch of Robert Eagles.....

Who do you think will be the six?

I reckon these 6 definetely will and the next four have a chance with Renton and Daley with no chance.

Rudd, Spillane, Dumic, Habergham, Smith and Martin definetely will.

Stephens, Lathrope, Adeyemi and Kelly have a chance.

[quote user="ncfclad"]Who do you think will be the six? I reckon these 6 definetely will and the next four have a chance with Renton and Daley with no chance. Rudd, Spillane, Dumic, Habergham, Smith and Martin definetely will. Stephens, Lathrope, Adeyemi and Kelly have a chance.[/quote]

My is nearly the same as yours, except swap Habergham with Adeyemi.

I''m chuffed to bits for Remy Gordon.Lovely lad, he was at middle school with my daughter and he really took some stick from some of the more ignorant bumpkins out that way.Good luck to him, he''s got a lot to live up to!

Really good to see we''re going to be using our youngsters, about damn time. Well done Gunn.