Sign in to follow this  
Jonnypncfc

Feeney!

Just seen that hes having a medical with leeds! He was one of our targets! O well Another one gone! And plus saw jamie C last night and he reakons that gunn has treated him worst than rodent!

Who says he was one of our targets? We don''t need Feeney. We''ve got Cureton, Martin and Macdonald who are all of that ilk. We need a targetman - Alan Lee would be perfect.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]

Just seen that hes having a medical with leeds! He was one of our targets! O well Another one gone! And plus saw jamie C last night and he reakons that gunn has treated him worst than rodent!

[/quote]

Poor Jamie. Still getting paid though isn''t he? His attitude seems to be all wrong - he wants to know from if he''ll be at the top of the pecking order otherwise he''ll be forced to leave for first team football. That just sucks, we should let him go.

Jamie Cureton is a disgrace. He''s missed countless opportunities over the last two seasons for us, and to some extent it''s his fault for us being relegated, added to the fact he''s probably one of our best paid players.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Jamie Cureton is a disgrace. He''s missed countless opportunities over the last two seasons for us, and to some extent it''s his fault for us being relegated, added to the fact he''s probably one of our best paid players.[/quote]

That doesnt make him a disgrace, it makes him not very good.  Disgrace is a strong word.  Neil Doncaster''s lies and deciet were a disgrace, Roeders attitude towards the fans was a disgrace. Not being very good at football isnt a disgrace, the only disgraceful thing about the Cureton situation is the fact that the club gave him a three year contract at his age.

I''m really tired of the pro footy players approach to negotiations. His arrogance as regards demands for consistent team placement are annoying. At our level it''s simpler than in the prem (with international coverage / endorsements to consider), here - you sign for the wages you agree on and you work hard to earn / maintain a place in the team. Simple enough, but agents seem to run a celebrity ryder culture all the way down to the 3rd tier. At which point I find it a bit embarrassing. If this now means that he''s started (allegedly) bad mouthing his potential boss then - for me - it''s cheerio.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Jamie Cureton is a disgrace. He''s missed countless opportunities over the last two seasons for us, and to some extent it''s his fault for us being relegated, added to the fact he''s probably one of our best paid players.[/quote]

That doesnt make him a disgrace, it makes him not very good.  Disgrace is a strong word.  Neil Doncaster''s lies and deciet were a disgrace, Roeders attitude towards the fans was a disgrace. Not being very good at football isnt a disgrace, the only disgraceful thing about the Cureton situation is the fact that the club gave him a three year contract at his age.

[/quote]

Ok, it''s a disgrace that he''s publically come out saying that he needs to be playing as much as possible. I love how it says "Jamie Cureton says he is at a crossroads in his Norwich City career and could be forced to leave Carrow Road unless he is part of Bryan Gunn''s first team plans" Yes Cureton all the fans want you to leave you''re bloody awful!

If Jamie stopped missing chances my Nan would score he might get games, why would any manager persist with a striker who''s doing his best to miss every easy chance that comes his way?

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

Ok, it''s a disgrace that he''s publically come out saying that he needs to be playing as much as possible. I love how it says "Jamie Cureton says he is at a crossroads in his Norwich City career and could be forced to leave Carrow Road unless he is part of Bryan Gunn''s first team plans" Yes Cureton all the fans want you to leave you''re bloody awful!

[/quote]

You can read what you want into his article but it sounds like me that you are judging him on the Archant headlines and sensationalism rather than his actual quotes.

The way I read that article is that if Gunn didnt want him then he would happily leave, and personally that is what I wanted to hear. The only other approach would be for him to say that he would happily stay in the reserves and take his pay cheque. 

Its funny how people can twist these things isnt it? Here you have Cureton saying that if he isnt in Gunns plans he will leave, what would you say if he said he is not leaving under any circumstance?

Damned if you do and damned if you dont, personally I think that he said the right things. Its not like he would have rang Archant and said "Its Jamie Cureton I want to be on the back page of your paper" is it? He would have been asked questions and has, as far as I can see, just responded to them honestly.

Personally I think that his legs are gone and that Gunn should be looking elsewhere (which it appears he is). If Cureton makes it easier on the club by going to Bristol Rovers to get first team football, then who is moaning?

I still cant see how that makes him a disgrace, sorry. People on here seem to worship Simon Lappin, who himself sat in the reserves and said he was going nowhere - despite knowing that he wasnt going to get any football - I wonder how much money we have paid him per minute of first team football?

I actually know Jamie personally, I have since he was 16, and he cares too much about this club to stay when he isnt wanted.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]

[/quote]

Even if he was one of our targets, it is only natural that he is going to want to return to the club he started with (and never played a game for) to prove people wrong.