Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

I've only just come to terms with it

Bryan Gunn is our manager.

I''m still gutted, still disappointed, and still fear for us with him in charge. However, he is in charge. The one thing I hope in his short spell as manager is that he has learnt not to continue to blame third parties for our failures i.e. blaming the referee''s on multiple occassions last year. Yes, we were hard done by at times, but their comes a time where you have to face up to the facts that we were relegated because we were not good enough.

I remember listening to an interview with Gunn on a ref''s decision and he said something like "This referee reffed my testimonial, I bought him a new dvd player for doing it, you''d think after all that he would be a little more kind to me". This wasn''t said in jest, you could tell by his voice. However, despite all this, Gunn is our manager, no matter how gutted I am about that, I will take my seat against Colchester and cheer us on.

Gunn also took full responsibility for us getting relegated. So what exactly are you getting at by saying he shouldn''t blame third parties? EVERY manager in the entire footballing word has decisions that go against them. Gunn had every right to talk about how hard done by he felt, because at times we were. Over the 46 games we deserved to finish third bottom, of that there can be no doubt. But there were certainly some horrible referee decisions along the way. The worst reffing display I think I saw all season though was Trevor Kettle at the Cardiff home game, yet we still won. Gunn''s made some good moves thus far bringing in three players with good recommendations, all before the transfer window and not through a stupid loan system. He''s handed promising academy players professional contracts too. Gunn is doing everything he can to build his team up for the new season, yet it still getting slated. At the very least let his team kick a ball in pre-season game.

I personally think he could do well for us, the way he handled Lappin and got Hoolahan playing to me seems like he could be a good man manager but the way he has shown he''ll drop players he feels will disrupt the side, Fozzy and Pattison to name two show he''s got a ruthless side where needed. He needs to iron out some flaws in the tactical side of things but thats also what Crooky and Butters are their for to help him out while he learns his trade.

The thing that ultimately has worked against Gunn is that he was thrown into the job at a time when we had no room for error, something you need when appointing a rookie manager, now half our fans continue these disgusting personal attacks on him and talk about him like he''s the worst thing since Adolf Hitler thus deflecting the blame from those who truely are at fault for the sorry mess we''re in, the board.

As far as I''m concerned Bryan Gunn starts with a clean slate for the forthcoming season. I didn''t agree with the board''s decision to appoint Bryan on a full-time basis, and couldn''t see the logic in appointing somebody who had failed over 19 matches, but what''s done is done. I shall be supporting Gunn, Crook, Butterworth and the team 100% next season and very much hope they can get their players firing on all cylinders once more. I must be mad, but I''m actually looking forward to the first match now.

[quote user="Pabls pubic perm"]

As far as I''m concerned Bryan Gunn starts with a clean slate for the forthcoming season. I didn''t agree with the board''s decision to appoint Bryan on a full-time basis, and couldn''t see the logic in appointing somebody who had failed over 19 matches, but what''s done is done. I shall be supporting Gunn, Crook, Butterworth and the team 100% next season and very much hope they can get their players firing on all cylinders once more. I must be mad, but I''m actually looking forward to the first match now.

[/quote]

Totally 100% agree [Y]