Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Simon Lappin news imminent..

I really hope he stays, he was a consumate pro during his year long spell on the sidelines, didn''t bitch or moan about it.

Plus he''s a wide player, something we''re short on right now.

[quote user="Lambo"]

I really hope he stays, he was a consumate pro during his year long spell on the sidelines, didn''t bitch or moan about it.

Plus he''s a wide player, something we''re short on right now.

[/quote]Bring back Hartson!!! [;)]

His wife has just had her name changed on her pass at work, so hopefully she and he are here for a while now.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Is this CT''s big 1st July announcement by any chance?[/quote]

Why are people saying its CT? i thought it was Bly i am i missing something?

I only want him to stay as a back up left midfielder. Preferably back up to Hoolahan.

I dont want to see him at left back again or even in central mid.

[quote user="ncfclad"]I only want him to stay as a back up left midfielder. Preferably back up to Hoolahan. I dont want to see him at left back again or even in central mid.[/quote]

I thought he done a good job in centre mid.

I''m really pleased for him, he got treated really badly by Roeder who made him train with the youngsters. I heard that Lappin never complained publically and never gave up so he deserves another chance and will make a good squad player imo.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1705294,00.html

I''m really happy that he has signed a new contract because he will be a very good player to have in League One. His versatility is the major reason why I''m happy he''s signed, aswell as his attitude. It seems he is hungry to be successful at Norwich and you have to applaud the way he has gone about winning Gunny over. Hopefuly he will become an important player for the team this season.

His pace is undoubtedly below par, but his delivery is a standard above League One, while his commitment will serve as a driving force if we hope to have a successful season.

Personally I am absolutely delighted. Must have taken a salary knock - and probably quite rightly. I agree he should not be targeted for the left back position - he can do a job there and has done willingly in the past - but his weakness as a bottom line defender was too often exposed. I may be wrong but think he was awarded MOM in Roeder''s first game (2-2 with Ipswich) when we fought back and Lappin set up one goal and cleared off the line in the final minutes. Then of course we played Plymouth and the great Roeder made a decision in haste when we were short of both non-loan players and players who wanted to play for us. I know he''s had his critics but only false impressions can have been gleaned from his left back duties. On his day he''s a very skilful player IMO, who can cross the ball. I hope he takes our corners and that we get that target man to receive them. Well done Gunn - and Crook and Butterworth!

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="ncfclad"]I only want him to stay as a back up left midfielder. Preferably back up to Hoolahan. I dont want to see him at left back again or even in central mid.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sort of.

Not really at home to Sheff Weds though. He couldn''t get close to them.

Better suited to a wide position, I think.

Always though he did a good job, caught out occasionally for pace, but a good pro!

Liked what he said in the interview about wanting to play for Norwich!!!!

Not enough about like him, sadly!

Hurry up Alan Lee!!!!!  (and Colin Doyle!)

OTBC!

[quote user="Beatle"]

Always though he did a good job, caught out occasionally for pace, but a good pro!

Liked what he said in the interview about wanting to play for Norwich!!!!

Not enough about like him, sadly!

Hurry up Alan Lee!!!!!  (and Colin Doyle!)

OTBC!

[/quote]

spot on

Really pleased he''s signed, if he''d have wanted to leave i''d have perfectly understood after his treatment under Roeder but he''s knuckled down and earnt a place in the squad.

He''s the one player we have who can cross a ball to a good standard also, he could be a very handy player for us next season.

[quote user="cityangel"]I heard that Lappin never complained publically and never gave up so he deserves another chance and will make a good squad player imo.[/quote]So you ''heard'' why then.......?

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1705294,00.html

I''m really happy that he has signed a new contract because he will be a very good player to have in League One. His versatility is the major reason why I''m happy he''s signed, aswell as his attitude. It seems he is hungry to be successful at Norwich and you have to applaud the way he has gone about winning Gunny over. Hopefuly he will become an important player for the team this season.

[/quote]

BUT will he be physically strong enough for Division 3 (old money)?

I''m slightly baffled by this. Yes his treatment by Roeder was terrible - but other than a good performance at Birmingham, he has comprehensively shown exactly why he wasn''t playing in the first place. Too slow, too lightweight and just generally not very good.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m really pleased for him, he got treated really badly by Roeder who made him train with the youngsters. I heard that Lappin never complained publically and never gave up so he deserves another chance and will make a good squad player imo.[/quote]

Agrre 100% CA,for league 1 he is easily good enough and deserves his chance.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m really pleased for him, he got treated really badly by Roeder who made him train with the youngsters. I heard that Lappin never complained publically and never gave up so he deserves another chance and will make a good squad player imo.[/quote]Agreed.  Has the passion to fight for his place and evidently wants to be here, good on him.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

Didn''t watch Sheff wed at home then?