Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

4-3-3

When was the last time we trialled this formation, similar to the way England u-21''s/Chelsea play? Personally I think this formation is the future, but not sure whether a) we could pull off any tactics bar 4-4-2 & b) it''s suited to league 1.

It''s frustrated me how tactically inept we are, don''t see any reason for that changing anytime.

Let''s face it. 433 takes a well oiled, fluid and disciplined outfit who work hard to maintain a flexible narrow then wide formation. It''s reliant on through balls and one twos which require intelligence, technique and fitness. I''m not saying anything more but.......

How can you even suggest this flippant "4-3-3" thing with no reasons, or hypothesis as to what personnel would play where etc.Only good teams with good players can play 4-3-3 as the flanks have to be covered and it requires very good full backs.  It also takes a solid defensive central midfielder to hold the ball, and protect the centre-backs.  We have none of these.League One = 4-4-2.  Simple as that.