Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Lee on his way, we only need to agree a fee?

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestsport/Lee-exit-hopes-boosted/article-1119612-detail/article.html

No mention of Hoolahan and a swap.

I hope so.

With regards to the fee, I would seek a performance related deal. Something like 200k now, but another 200k if we get promoted whilst Lee is at the club......

What ever happened to a straight up one off transfer fee. Why bother p*ssing about with all these clauses when we can afford the money?

Great news though, Colin has done us a favour this time.

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]What ever happened to a straight up one off transfer fee. Why bother p*ssing about with all these clauses when we can afford the money? Great news though, Colin has done us a favour this time.[/quote]

Becuase we cant afford the money now. 700k isnt going to get us far, not when we still need a right winger, a goalkeeper, and in my opinion two full backs.....

If we are talking 350k for Lee, thats half of the rebate money gone (more than that after agents fees and insurance etc).....

This is good news. I especially like the comment from Colin: "Alan has his heart set on a move to Norwich." All we need now is the money.Not sure why he''s described as a misfit though?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]What ever happened to a straight up one off transfer fee. Why bother p*ssing about with all these clauses when we can afford the money? Great news though, Colin has done us a favour this time.[/quote]

Becuase we cant afford the money now. 700k isnt going to get us far, not when we still need a right winger, a goalkeeper, and in my opinion two full backs.....

If we are talking 350k for Lee, thats half of the rebate money gone (more than that after agents fees and insurance etc).....

[/quote]

We do have more than 700k mate, the rebate money isn''t our whole budget, there''s was some money for Gunn anyway and whatever that was had the 700k added to it.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]This is good news. I especially like the comment from Colin: "Alan has his heart set on a move to Norwich." All we need now is the money.

Not sure why he''s described as a misfit though?
[/quote]

Im sure that means he didnt fit in the team.... 3 goals in 16..... so thats 9 goals in 48 (pretty much a season)....... just not good enough for them. Like Cureton could quite easily be called a misfit here!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]This is good news. I especially like the comment from Colin: "Alan has his heart set on a move to Norwich." All we need now is the money.Not sure why he''s described as a misfit though?[/quote]Who on earth is Colin?? [:^)]

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

We do have more than 700k mate, the rebate money isn''t our whole budget, there''s was some money for Gunn anyway and whatever that was had the 700k added to it.

[/quote]

I hope so Lambo, I really do. But I didnt like the boards comments about the two freebies and Tudor Jones being part of that 700k...... and I just dont trust this board in general.

I have long had a feeling that Gunn is signing cheap players so that he can sign Alan Lee, and possibly Alan Gow........

this is fantastic news.......

I dont think he will cost us anywhere near £350k......it sound like warnock is saying "make an offer he can go".....£150k could well seal the deal

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]This is good news. I especially like the comment from Colin: "Alan has his heart set on a move to Norwich." All we need now is the money.

[/quote]

Who on earth is Colin?? [:^)]
[/quote]

that''s what i was wondering!

When did they say our current signings where part of the 700K?? All i read was that they had been budgeted for.

I do beleive the board has started to learn their lesson when it comes to how the fans are feeling, they know to try and pull yet another fast one on us isn''t going to end well for them.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]This is good news. I especially like the comment from Colin: "Alan has his heart set on a move to Norwich." All we need now is the money.

[/quote]

Who on earth is Colin?? [:^)]
[/quote]

If you re arrange the letters frrom Neil Warnock`s name (ie an anagram) you end up with Colin & W****r. Hence for many years Neil Warnock has been called (affectionately or maybe not) Colin by rival fans!!!

If he really wants to come as is reported we should not have to spend alot to bring him here

However, if Warnock is asking for silly money we cannot spend a sizeable chunk of our budget on Lee, he will be solid yes, but not prolific. 

[quote user="Mutley"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]This is good news. I especially like the comment from Colin: "Alan has his heart set on a move to Norwich." All we need now is the money.Not sure why he''s described as a misfit though?[/quote]Who on earth is Colin?? [:^)][/quote]

If you re arrange the letters frrom Neil Warnock`s name (ie an anagram) you end up with Colin & W****r. Hence for many years Neil Warnock has been called (affectionately or maybe not) Colin by rival fans!!!

[/quote]Ahhhh! Very good! Not heard that one before! Cheers Mutley! [:D]

[quote user="Lambo"]

When did they say our current signings where part of the 700K?? All i read was that they had been budgeted for.

I do beleive the board has started to learn their lesson when it comes to how the fans are feeling, they know to try and pull yet another fast one on us isn''t going to end well for them.

[/quote]

“The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind,”

Fair enough, maybe I looked into that wrong, they dont really make things clear they never have. If you are right and we already had a budget, then im guessing it comes out of that..... if on the other hand, we didnt have a budget....... then it would come out of the 700k...

Anyway, we shall wait and see..... a budget isnt everything, if we get somebody like Wade Small on a bosman then we are potentially getting a 500k player for free..... Im just happy to sit and see what the club can muster mate, and hope that we walk onto the pitch against Colchester with a decent looking squad of 18!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

“The three players are part of the budgeted sum we had in mind,”

Fair enough, maybe I looked into that wrong, they dont really make things clear they never have. If you are right and we already had a budget, then im guessing it comes out of that..... if on the other hand, we didnt have a budget....... then it would come out of the 700k...

Anyway, we shall wait and see..... a budget isnt everything, if we get somebody like Wade Small on a bosman then we are potentially getting a 500k player for free..... Im just happy to sit and see what the club can muster mate, and hope that we walk onto the pitch against Colchester with a decent looking squad of 18!

[/quote]

Nah your right it''s not a very clear statement from them, but i''m sure Gunn or one of his team said they already had some money to use before we got the rebate cash.

Small would be a big boost (get it? ;]) to us if we can sign him, fills a massive gap in the squad. Lee is looking like he might not cost too much which leaves us with roughly 500K plus whatever else we already had to sign a RB plus to pay whatever fee''s Doyle''s loan will cost.

cant see gunn signing a right back.  Otsemobor is good at league 1 level and spillane can fill in there.  Left back as cover for drury is much needed

[quote user="Soldier on"]cant see gunn signing a right back.  Otsemobor is good at league 1 level and spillane can fill in there.  Left back as cover for drury is much needed[/quote]

Sorry, from the performances I saw last season Otsemobor would not be good at Ridgeons level.

"I''ve spoken to Bryan Gunn and told him to make a bid for Alan if he wants him."

Think I''ve seen the flaw in the plan[:P]

I hope so.

With regards to the fee, I would seek a performance related deal. Something like 200k now, but another 200k if we get promoted whilst Lee is at the club......

[/quote] He''s not gonna play till hes 80 !!

why do people always look at the figures given in the press as the official budgets?! There is NO WAY without investment we have 700k to spend, you can forget about the sale of marshall, the wages saved on croft or the future sales of hoolahan and clingan or the rebate money...I imagine we have something around the 250-300k mark for transfers, with the majority of any income going on wages, hence why the majority of the ''transfer budget'' has already been budgeted for on the bosman transfers.The fact both mcnally and foulger came out saying they were ''dissapointed'' about the level of rebates tends to lead to the fact they over-budgeted on the income they would receive, were very much a club running day to day at the moment, dont forget relegation costs roughly between £7-10mill (source according the milan mandaric at leicester, a similar sized club in terms of income and wages on which to base)..that sorta money doesn''t just go away

[quote user="The Lord"]why do people always look at the figures given in the press as the official budgets?! There is NO WAY without investment we have 700k to spend, you can forget about the sale of marshall, the wages saved on croft or the future sales of hoolahan and clingan or the rebate money...I imagine we have something around the 250-300k mark for transfers, with the majority of any income going on wages, hence why the majority of the ''transfer budget'' has already been budgeted for on the bosman transfers.

The fact both mcnally and foulger came out saying they were ''dissapointed'' about the level of rebates tends to lead to the fact they over-budgeted on the income they would receive, were very much a club running day to day at the moment, dont forget relegation costs roughly between £7-10mill (source according the milan mandaric at leicester, a similar sized club in terms of income and wages on which to base)..that sorta money doesn''t just go away
[/quote]

Well we have already spent 250k this summer..... sorry to p*ss on your bonfire.....

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I hope so.

[/quote] He''s not gonna play till hes 80 !!
[/quote]

Troll.

So somehow we sell our number one goalkeeper, save money on the player that probabaly had the highest wages, get £700k from the rebate which we have got told is going to the transfer budget and have whatever money we had from the previous season, and somehow that all adds up to £250k ? Don''t think so mate. We probablay have around £1m

[quote user="lynn canary"]So somehow we sell our number one goalkeeper, save money on the player that probabaly had the highest wages, get £700k from the rebate which we have got told is going to the transfer budget and have whatever money we had from the previous season, and somehow that all adds up to £250k ? Don''t think so mate. We probablay have around £1m[/quote]

Who has even said that?

[quote user="lynn canary"]So somehow we sell our number one goalkeeper, save money on the player that probabaly had the highest wages, get £700k from the rebate which we have got told is going to the transfer budget and have whatever money we had from the previous season, and somehow that all adds up to £250k ? Don''t think so mate. We probablay have around £1m[/quote]

Who has even said that?

[/quote]

lol sorry, silly question, I even responded to the same bloke....