Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Mr. Lee

Why are so many folk on here getting so excited about his possible signing?When he was here, his goals record was God awful, nobody seemed to be able to make a real partnership with him (although time was not on the side), didn''t really make too many chances if im perfectly honest.Huffing and puffing, throwing his weight about, winning headers in the middle of the park is all he really did here.If i were to compare him to any previous Norwich player it would be Chris Brown.  Hopefully, if Lee signs he proves me wrong like Brown did at Preston but to be honest I would like to know what you are getting so jumped up about.At 350K + he would be a rip off IMO.

Would just like to add, I have seen the other threads but wanted this to get some answers and not get swept away in the midst of a thread.

[quote user="Dave"]Why are so many folk on here getting so excited about his possible signing?When he was here, his goals record was God awful, nobody seemed to be able to make a real partnership with him (although time was not on the side), didn''t really make too many chances if im perfectly honest.Huffing and puffing, throwing his weight about, winning headers in the middle of the park is all he really did here.If i were to compare him to any previous Norwich player it would be Chris Brown.  Hopefully, if Lee signs he proves me wrong like Brown did at Preston but to be honest I would like to know what you are getting so jumped up about.At 350K + he would be a rip off IMO.

[/quote]You must have been watching a different chris brown to me I never saw him battle once and he certainly never filled the target man role here.I would love to see lee here cause he''s a real league one front man our equivalent of leicesters howard. I don''t think any front man last year played in a team where we used there strengths lee hardly had a cross to play off.This year is total team rebuild and lee should be a big part off it if we can afford him

I agree, i am not bothered if we don''t sign him, end of his carreer and no resale value. We need to build a squad for the future. I would have him on a free transfer but would not waste money on him.

[quote user="Costa-Canary"]

I agree, i am not bothered if we don''t sign him, end of his carreer and no resale value. We need to build a squad for the future. I would have him on a free transfer but would not waste money on him.

[/quote]Let alone what sort of figure is being bandied about on another thread.

[quote user="Costa-Canary"]

[/quote]who will we sign with his experience, fight and desire to play for the club, shall we settle for league two players on the way up or go for someone who can easily play at that level and above.If we sign lee we will show ambition if we don''t it will be because of poverty.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Costa-Canary"]

[/quote]who will we sign with his experience, fight and desire to play for the club, shall we settle for league two players on the way up or go for someone who can easily play at that level and above.If we sign lee we will show ambition if we don''t it will be because of poverty.[/quote] Mind you I''m so full of Jack Daniels I could be talking complete sh*t

You almost completely answered your own question by saying time wasn''t on his side. Our last few games were awful, but Lee was one of the bright parts of them in that his effort and commitment to the cause was fantastic. Despite his own teammates giving up, he didn''t. He WANTS to come here, he actually wants to wear the shirt and work his socks off for us. He actually wants to help us get promoted this coming season. He''d be here permanently too as opposed to a loan. So, there''s two boxes ticked which the majority of posters hve been crying out for when it comes to players we should bring in. Sure, his goals return wasn''t the best but he came very close on a number of occasions, luck just wasn''t on his side and it wasn''t on our side all season. Give him a break eh? Matt Fryatt didn''t score many prior to Leicester''s relegation to the third tier. The next season, he was banging them in constantly. Lee would do a similar job for us I''m sure.

Lee wouldnt get 15 , is old lazy and only wants to come here because it suits his personal needs. Lets get a younger striker in with some improvement in them then we wont need another new one next season . So many so called Norwich fans drooling about the possible signing of an old lazy average ex binner is shameful .

[quote user="Superflash"]You almost completely answered your own question by saying time wasn''t on his side. Our last few games were awful, but Lee was one of the bright parts of them in that his effort and commitment to the cause was fantastic. Despite his own teammates giving up, he didn''t. He WANTS to come here, he actually wants to wear the shirt and work his socks off for us. He actually wants to help us get promoted this coming season. He''d be here permanently too as opposed to a loan. So, there''s two boxes ticked which the majority of posters hve been crying out for when it comes to players we should bring in. Sure, his goals return wasn''t the best but he came very close on a number of occasions, luck just wasn''t on his side and it wasn''t on our side all season. Give him a break eh? Matt Fryatt didn''t score many prior to Leicester''s relegation to the third tier. The next season, he was banging them in constantly. Lee would do a similar job for us I''m sure. [/quote]Alan Lee is gonna score loads of goals like Matty Fryatt did LOL!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Superflash"]You almost completely answered your own question by saying time wasn''t on his side. Our last few games were awful, but Lee was one of the bright parts of them in that his effort and commitment to the cause was fantastic. Despite his own teammates giving up, he didn''t. He WANTS to come here, he actually wants to wear the shirt and work his socks off for us. He actually wants to help us get promoted this coming season. He''d be here permanently too as opposed to a loan. So, there''s two boxes ticked which the majority of posters hve been crying out for when it comes to players we should bring in. Sure, his goals return wasn''t the best but he came very close on a number of occasions, luck just wasn''t on his side and it wasn''t on our side all season. Give him a break eh? Matt Fryatt didn''t score many prior to Leicester''s relegation to the third tier. The next season, he was banging them in constantly. Lee would do a similar job for us I''m sure. [/quote]Alan Lee is gonna score loads of goals like Matty Fryatt did LOL!![/quote]If he does actually do this now, I''ll remind you of this post and proceed to gloat excessively.[quote]Lee wouldnt get 15 , is old lazy and only wants to come here because it

suits his personal needs. Lets get a younger striker in with some

improvement in them then we wont need another new one next season . So

many so called Norwich fans drooling about the possible signing of an

old lazy average ex binner is shameful .[/quote]1) He doesn''t nessacarily have to score 15 himself, he could even provide a few. Or, maybe he will score more frequently in a lower division, just as Fryatt did?2) Old? 29? Third tier? Really? Do me a favour.3) How DARE you call him lazy after the effort he gave for us last season. He put more into his 8 games with us than the entire squad over the course of 46 games combined. Seriously, I can''t believe you went there.4) So what if it suits his personal needs? I remember reading on here somewhere that it''s roughly the same distance for him in terms of travel? If he feels at home here then all the more reason to bring him in because at least he''s shown a want to play for us. 5) I really couldn''t give a toss if he was ex Ipswich or not. Plus, why does he still get labelled as a binner/ex binner or whatever when he actually came to us FROM Ipswich when he actually could''ve gone to Sheffield Wednesday on loan?  

ipswich and palace fans seem to think hes lazy. i know he tried here, but he was on loan and trying to impress. different story when you''ve bagged a 2 year contract.

[quote user="coro"]ipswich and palace fans seem to think hes lazy. i know he tried here, but he was on loan and trying to impress. different story when you''ve bagged a 2 year contract.

[/quote] You are quite right Coro, this is no wind up, he IS very lazy a lot of the time, especially when things are not going his way, he gets irate fouls constantly and his work rate gets less and less. Coupled with the fact his goal rate from open play is very average for a striker tbh, although league one should in theory be easier. I honestly think you will be sorry if you sign him as the player you are putting most of your hopes on to get the goals that may get you into play offs.

We do need a big fella up front, Lee physically fits the bill

However as he won''t be the one waying in with 20+ goals i agree anything more than 300k and typical Div 1 wages would have me looking at alternatives

Is Lee''s "laziness" one of the motivations for him being ok to play at League 1 level? Perhaps he has an honest measure of his abilities and believes that City is the best forum for him at that level. As far as I''m concerned it''s all about value. Realistic wage contract and don''t let Warnock take the p***. He''s be a decent acquisition but not for more than 300k on high league 1 wages.

The fact some of you seem to think he would be a bad signing beggars belief. I said before, keep Hoops and sign Lee and I''ll feel like it''s Christmas. We each have our own opinions, but to me not signing Lee would be a terrible mistake. Big, bad, ugly, duffs up defences, frustrates opponents, scores goals.....Perfect.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

He''s desperate to come here, and I''m desperate for him to play for us!   

Go get him Gunn.

[/quote]One of the only things I have seen you write that makes 100% sense.....

[quote user="BlueJam"]The fact some of you seem to think he would be a bad signing beggars belief. I said before, keep Hoops and sign Lee and I''ll feel like it''s Christmas. We each have our own opinions, but to me not signing Lee would be a terrible mistake. Big, bad, ugly, duffs up defences, frustrates opponents, scores goals.....Perfect.
[/quote]

Not talking to you until you change your name

[quote user="Dave"]

Huffing and puffing, throwing his weight about, winning headers in the middle of the park is all he really did here.

[/quote]

thats all Iwan Roberts did in his time here too.. with decent service he scored goals.. as will ALan Lee.

jas :)

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="BlueJam"]The fact some of you seem to think he would be a bad signing beggars belief. I said before, keep Hoops and sign Lee and I''ll feel like it''s Christmas. We each have our own opinions, but to me not signing Lee would be a terrible mistake. Big, bad, ugly, duffs up defences, frustrates opponents, scores goals.....Perfect.[/quote]

[/quote]I didn''t think it through when I registered TBH. BlueJam is a Chris Morris sketch show from the wireless....Anyway, I don''t need to validate myself to you :p

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="BlueJam"]The fact some of you seem to think he would be a bad signing beggars belief. I said before, keep Hoops and sign Lee and I''ll feel like it''s Christmas. We each have our own opinions, but to me not signing Lee would be a terrible mistake. Big, bad, ugly, duffs up defences, frustrates opponents, scores goals.....Perfect.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t think it through when I registered TBH. BlueJam is a Chris Morris sketch show from the wireless....

Anyway, I don''t need to validate myself to you :p
[/quote]

la la la . still not talking

I''m with Superflash on this one. Lee did a good job in his 7 starts and 1 sub appearance here (2 goals and winning a penalty against the binners) and is exactly the kind of physical presence that will be needed in League1. At around 300k, City could still afford a younger target man as well and the right winger needed (Wade Small?). OTBC!

Exactly. Just because we throw some money at Lee doesn''t mean we can''t bring in more players. He''s not the second coming of Jesus Whathisface but he certainly has the potential to be a key asset for us in League one.Besides, how many times in recent memory has a player openly declared that he wants to play for us?

I agree we should sign him but on our terms.....if hes is desperate to come then he will take a drop on wages etc to make it happen.

Not more than £250k, we then have some dosh left over to buy other players, plus Clingan is almost nailed on to go so we still have some cash on the hip.

I wouldnt see Lee as our goal getter, more the link between the flanks and midfield....the glue that can hold a decent front line together definatley.

Cody and co will need some more experienced heads to help bring them on and we NEED some big caracters in the dressing room that we are defo missing since Hucks / Dion went.

[quote user="NYorks Canary"]

I agree we should sign him but on our terms.....if hes is desperate to come then he will take a drop on wages etc to make it happen.

Not more than £250k, we then have some dosh left over to buy other players, plus Clingan is almost nailed on to go so we still have some cash on the hip.

I wouldnt see Lee as our goal getter, more the link between the flanks and midfield....the glue that can hold a decent front line together definatley.

Cody and co will need some more experienced heads to help bring them on and we NEED some big caracters in the dressing room that we are defo missing since Hucks / Dion went.

[/quote]

Pervert

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="coro"]ipswich and palace fans seem to think hes lazy. i know he tried here, but he was on loan and trying to impress. different story when you''ve bagged a 2 year contract.

[/quote]  I honestly think you will be sorry if you sign him as the player you are putting most of your hopes on to get the goals that may get you into play offs.
[/quote]

I don''t know about others but i want him so Cody Mac can play off him and then CODY scores the goals that get us to the play offs ;) while Lee chips in with a few himself along the way.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I''m with Superflash on this one. Lee did a good job in his 7 starts and 1 sub appearance here (2 goals and winning a penalty against the binners) and is exactly the kind of physical presence that will be needed in League1. At around 300k, City could still afford a younger target man as well and the right winger needed (Wade Small?). OTBC![/quote]What''s the betting that that old b@$tard Warnock will want more than 250-300K, so he can service more of the debt to Ips****.