Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

Johnbull Omaringe

Can anyone help me out? Saw Sam Hambergham and Johnbull perform monsterous skills on soccer am. Also heard very good things about both of them. Anyone know why Johnbull didn''t get contract offer? He was a banker for me although admittedly didnt see many youth team games.

His face didn''t fit most likely. It used to be who you know at Colney, rather than how good you were.  On another note, I see that Dale Gordon''s son has been given a contract. I remember going back a few years ago, my 2 sons in a football tournament in Caister i think it was, and seeing Dale Gordon''s son playing under one of his dads teams. He didn''t look anything special back then, so again it''s a case of who you know, rather than what you can do!

[quote user="colneycanary"]His face didn''t fit most likely. It used to be who you know at Colney, rather than how good you were.  On another note, I see that Dale Gordon''s son has been given a contract. I remember going back a few years ago, my 2 sons in a football tournament in Caister i think it was, and seeing Dale Gordon''s son playing under one of his dads teams. He didn''t look anything special back then, so again it''s a case of who you know, rather than what you can do![/quote]That''s a bit of an assumption isn''t it?  How do you know he hasn''t improved considerably in the "few years" since you saw him?

I was told, by someone with very strong Colney collections, that if Omaringe didn''t make it then it would be down purely to lack of effort.

Apparently has all the ability in the world but just doesn''t want it badly enough.

When I last went to see the youths in action, he was the player I was least impressed with - he seemed slow to get forward for a winger.