Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Bet's on the signing today?

thats if there is one. my bet is on Robbie Simpson from Coventry, he was set to undergo a medical at Huddersfield but i heard he turned it down, who you think?

keep an eye on web team pete he will post if theres a signing.  Have to be a freebie I guess Foulger said that the money would be available start of July

I''ll go for news on Wednesday when the window opens.

[quote user="Stone Cold"]Simpson plus a lot of cash for clingan I would seriously hope.[/quote]

doubt we''ll get alot of cash, i rekon simpson plus 600k, that will make the deal worth around 1mil, not bad if it happens

[quote user="Soldier on"]did he turn down huddersfield then? If so would say thats because he wants a move to us[/quote]

ye i heard he turned down them and a championship club, must of been someone like blackpool, good news though, he''s a wanted man so must be half decent.

Are you sure about this. i''ve not seen any reports anywhere saying he turned them down. he had agreed everything subject to the medical so I would presume the only reason the deal would not go ahead would be if there was a problem with the medical.

Really hope it''s not. It''d be a waste of a transfer fee as far as i''m concerned.I''ll be hoping for someone like Wade Small on a bosman, but as a Norwich fan i''m as ever ready for dissapointment.

Its just in response to Butterworth''s another new face in 10 days which was said when Nelson joined.  Wouldnt be suprised if nothing materialised until July now

It is strange that the signing hasn''t been confirmed but I still doubt that he''s coming to CR because Clingan would want to sign for a promotion chasing side, and Coventry isn''t that. Has Gunn ever expressed interest in him?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]It is strange that the signing hasn''t been confirmed but I still doubt that he''s coming to CR because Clingan would want to sign for a promotion chasing side, and Coventry isn''t that. Has Gunn ever expressed interest in him?[/quote]

just wait and see!

I cant find any reference anywhere that Simpson is pulling out of the Huddy move, and unless I hear of a relaible source then I presume it is just a case of someone rumour-mongering. Huddy have got a pre season friendly lined up against Coventry by the looks of it (which may well be part of the Simpson deal).

Having said that there are serious whispers (again unsubstantiated) going round on the 606 message board that Ricky Lambert is about to join them. Their chairman has been quoted as saying they were going to show people the level of the clubs ambition when it comes to transfers.

(oh for that sort of ambition at NCFC!!!)

[quote user="Soldier on"]Its just in response to Butterworth''s another new face in 10 days which was said when Nelson joined.  Wouldnt be suprised if nothing materialised until July now[/quote]

In fairness though, he didnt say..... "There will be a signing on Monday 29th June 2009" or anything like that...... he just said that he hoped to have another singing in around 10 days.... He also said that when there is something to say he will tell us, and that they will be signing a striker.....