Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Newcastle worth 60 Million?

her valuation is way off.

i think she put a unrealistic value on it as she didnt want to part company with the club .

so my point is i agree with you 100 percent 1!!

I think her valuation took into account the potential value of the club, which  she could value quite highly. The ground, the grounds we own, the training ground and importantly the catchment area of the fans and the regular turn outs we have at carrow road. The value represented a team that should have been at the top of the championship, now we are in league one i really think 30-35 mill would be fair.  

I think people have misunderstood this valuation.

Of the £56mil, £20mil was the money ear marked for squad improvement, £16mil for shares, £16mil debt and £4mil loan repayments to directors.

The value of the club, therefore, was £16mil - but in purchasing the shares, you trigger off clauses in debt and loans that require their payment too.

Look guys we need to understand that a VALUE is a totally flexible thing. If I own a pair of slippers, worth £10 but will not part with them for a penny less than £1000 - that is the price. It may be unrealistic, it may be sentimental, there might even be a loon who wants them enough. Regardless the value is what I place on my slippers.....just becuase someone else sells theirs for a fiver does not mean I will part with mine in a similar fashion.

We may not like Delia''s price....but she is entitled legally to ask what she will. There is the rub!

aha i see, thanks MMM, I didn''t know the breakdown of it all.for what it is worth I don''t think Freddy will get Newcastle for 60 million.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Look guys we need to understand that a VALUE is a totally flexible thing. If I own a pair of slippers, worth £10 but will not part with them for a penny less than £1000 - that is the price. It may be unrealistic, it may be sentimental, there might even be a loon who wants them enough. Regardless the value is what I place on my slippers.....just becuase someone else sells theirs for a fiver does not mean I will part with mine in a similar fashion.

We may not like Delia''s price....but she is entitled legally to ask what she will. There is the rub!

[/quote]also true!

Not read the detail of this

Is it 60million plus taking on the debt, rumoured to be around 120mill

Or 60mill and debt stay''s with Ashley?

Delia "valuation" as mentioned below was inclusive of our debt being paid in full

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Surely this must seriously lower Delia''s own valuation of our beloved club?[/quote]

de ja vu....

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1706385/ShowPost.aspx

We''ve been through this discussion many times before.  Here was the last time that I remember (that you also started!!!)  Yawn....at least you have changed your name.

[/quote]''yawn'' it wasn''t me just someone who has used the same pic...the reason i brought it up as it is clearly topical what with the freddy story being a main news story this morning on sports sites. 

It isn''t £60 million though is it? You take on whatever the debt is at the moment - £120 million plus the £1.2 million a week wage bill which is just adding to the debt.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

Of course you would sell your slippers for £1000...... you could buy 10 pairs, all in different colours, and still have £900 left........

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]Norwich City are NOT for sale .
[/quote]

Proof?? or are you just running on a load of bull as per usual with absoloutly nothing to back it up with??

Please answer, i''m genuinely interested to know.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

Of course you would sell your slippers for £1000...... you could buy 10 pairs, all in different colours, and still have £900 left........

[/quote]I''m still not going to buy your slippers.

[quote user="The Chirp"]I think her valuation took into account the potential value of the club, which  she could value quite highly.

The ground, the grounds we own, the training ground and importantly the catchment area of the fans and the regular turn outs we have at carrow road.

The value represented a team that should have been at the top of the championship, now we are in league one i really think 30-35 mill would be fair.

[/quote]

No way, it is probably worth around 15m with the state that Delia and her crew have left it in.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think people have misunderstood this valuation. Of the £56mil, £20mil was the money ear marked for squad improvement, £16mil for shares, £16mil debt and £4mil loan repayments to directors. The value of the club, therefore, was £16mil - but in purchasing the shares, you trigger off clauses in debt and loans that require their payment too.[/quote]As you may have noticed, people on here don''t like the detail.  They just want to see the £56m and say that''s what Delia values the club at. 

We have been through this many times before, and as you can see, are still going through it. 

As I put on this post http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1706385/ShowPost.aspx, I don''t know if people think that the club was valued at £56m, because they are too stupid to understand the breakdown, or just ignorant.

[quote user="The Chirp"]aha i see, thanks MMM, I didn''t know the breakdown of it all.

[/quote]Its been explained 56 million times on here

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]If I only needed one pair of slippers, and this pair had sentimental value, and did not need money...then I might not sell that is the point.[/quote]I''ve got a few quid laying around. These slippers of yours, what do they look like [:^)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think people have misunderstood this valuation.

Of the £56mil, £20mil was the money ear marked for squad improvement, £16mil for shares, £16mil debt and £4mil loan repayments to directors.

The value of the club, therefore, was £16mil - but in purchasing the shares, you trigger off clauses in debt and loans that require their payment too.[/quote]

You are of course 100% correct.

She said this when we were in the Championship too, she isn''t an idiot, i''m sure she''s aware it''s worth less now.

I''ve said this all along though, she''s not uber rich, she can''t just afford to hand it over to someone for peanuts, as much as we all want her to (most of us anyway).