Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Gordon Bennett, Archant!

do you not hire editors anymore????

The former Ipswich front man enjoyed a successful seven-game stay on loan at Carrow Road at the end of last season, scoring two goals that were enable to keep Norwich City in the Championship.

im not even going to begin pointing out the 2 obvious errors in the above, taken from the article on your front page of this website.

i''ll admit my spelling and grammar isn''t great but then im not a professionally run organisation....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

do you not hire editors anymore????

The former Ipswich front man enjoyed a successful seven-game stay on loan at Carrow Road at the end of last season, scoring two goals that were enable to keep Norwich City in the Championship.

im not even going to begin pointing out the 2 obvious errors in the above, taken from the article on your front page of this website.

i''ll admit my spelling and grammar isn''t great but then im not a professionally run organisation....

jas :)

[/quote]

It reads horribly, there is no need for "that were enable to keep Norwich City in the Championship". 

I''m no expert, but for me, this sounds better -

The former Ipswich front man enjoyed a successful stay on loan at Carrow Road at the end of last season, scoring twice in seven games.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Because a seven-game spell in which we won once and he scored twice and were relegated can hardly be described as successful.[/quote]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]It should read weren''t able to keep Norwich in the Championship.[/quote]

Like I say, I''m no expert, but I don''t think you can say that.  Because you are saying that the two goals weren''t able to keep Norwich in the Championship.

well said jas .

i get grief all the time for my grammar yet this has been overlooked by the person who writes every day for a job .

well spotted that man .

It''s a simple error involving the cursed spell check.

Where you read the word ''enable'' replace it with ''unable'' and the whole thing makes sense.

''enable'' is a genuine word and therefore wouldn''t get the green wiggly line underneath it in Office.

Still poor that no one bothered to proof read it though.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]It should read weren''t able to keep Norwich in the Championship.[/quote]Pedant alert: :)

It should not read like that either as the use of apostrophes for abbreviation is for informal speech and not written text. It should be something like "Were not able to keep..." or even better: "Were unable to keep...".

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]It''s a simple error involving the cursed spell check.

Where you read the word ''enable'' replace it with ''unable'' and the whole thing makes sense.

''enable'' is a genuine word and therefore wouldn''t get the green wiggly line underneath it in Office.

Still poor that no one bothered to proof read it though.[/quote]Yes but in typing the ''e'' key is some way away from the ''u'' key meaning,  it was written by a turd or a six fingered turd.[;)]

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"]Point taken guys. Not the most coherent sentence I''ve ever written; I apologise.
E+ (must do better) - although, I deny the ''turd'' charge.
[/quote]

Ok.... Ok..... I admit it, I did the turd.

Its not just Archant.

This morning during the local news items on BBC Breakfast, the presenter repeatedly stated that the upcoming by election is going to be held in North Norfolk.

And dont get me started on Radio Norfolk blunders.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"]Point taken guys. Not the most coherent sentence I''ve ever written; I apologise.E+ (must do better) - although, I deny the ''turd'' charge.[/quote]I hardly think a mis-typed letter merited an entire thread. That''s the real crime here.