Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Greatest goal ever seen at Carrow Road???

Nedergaard from a the mid 90''sHuckerby v BirminghamHenrik Larsson in a pre-season friendly, back to goal, flicked it to one side and volleyed it into the top corner. Very much alike to Henrys goal against United that gets replayed often.

Safri vs Newcastle gets my vote.  I love a good long ranger me, and that one was from miles out and right in the top corner!

Those of us who witnessed the Fash goal first hand know what a belter that was and so hard to beat.  The Bruce header in the Milk Cup semi was certainly greatest goal I have ever celebrated though.

Happier times!

i believe it was 18th Feb 1996

steve bull had been at his wifes bedside for entire night whilst she was giving birth, he didnt travel with the squad but rushed up and just about made kick off

i remember when simon "the magician" osbourne threaded that ball through the norwich defence to steve bull 25yrds out

baldy in goal came rushing out to the penalty spot flapping his arms like he was a bird.

you wouldnt have thought he was there when steve bull lobbed the helpless keeper from 25yrds out in which is the GREATEST ever goal at Carrow Road!

Saturday 9th Aug 1997 - a legend was born

the team news for the opening game filtered through with a unknown kid named Robbie Keane in the line up

playing his debut in midfield the kid destroyed norwich with two goals one of which was from 30yrds out

this is defiantly the 2nd best goal at carrow road ever

Was living in Regina, Canada at the time, and each week we got a few minutes of MoTD highlights from the previous week on a CBC sports show.  That week, it happened to be the Liverpool at Norwich game, and they couldn''t say enough about the Fashanu goal. I felt real proud to be a fasn of obscure NCFC (everyone there knew who Liverpool was) even though we lost that game.  I already knew the score but watched just to have a glimpse of Norwich, and then that stunner came along and stole the show!  "Justin Justin Justin Fashanu.  15 rounds with Justin Fashanu."

Fash''s goal was without a doubt the greatest goal seen at Carrow Road.   Bruce''s header was without a doubt the most wildly celebrated goal...The complete nonchalance of Fash as he turned away after that goal puts the histrionics of today''s strikers to shame.And as for Bruce''s goal - I think I''ve still got the recording of Uncle Roy going absolutely mental lying around somewhere - God love him!!!!

Fash''s goal stands head and shoulders above all others.

But worth a mention are Huckerby goal against Wigan in the promotion season or his goal against Cardiff that same season.

[quote user="we8wba"]

Saturday 9th Aug 1997 - a legend was born

the team news for the opening game filtered through with a unknown kid named Robbie Keane in the line up

playing his debut in midfield the kid destroyed norwich with two goals one of which was from 30yrds out

this is defiantly the 2nd best goal at carrow road ever

[/quote]

Remember it well. Keane tore us to pieces that day, he looked a star from the word go. Very occasionally you just know a young player will make it to the very top, he was clearly one of those.

Best goal (and probably the most ludicrous, given the player involved) has to be Rosario against the Saints in the early 90''s. It fair flew into the net.

I think it''s hard to be Fash''s goal, which was a superb piece of technique. However, Gossy''s equaliser against Bayern and the attendant crowd reaction would take some beating in terms of nearly taking the roof off the Barclay!

Huckerby vs Palace 2004/2005

Safri vs Newcastle 2004/2005 was class

Croft vs Scum last season was pretty amazing

Can''t really remember much before that!

Danny Rose (of Watford) own goal was the best i''ve ever seen, lobbing your own keeper from 25 yards is pretty special!

Believe it or not, Mine was a Glenn Roeder volley from a Tony Currie corner

for QPR some time in the early 80''s!!!!

Curries corner was played 20 yards out and our former crap Manager ran

onto it full blooded and twatted it into the top corner at the Barclay End.

Oh, how it went downhill for him after that!!!!!!

As for City goals.......Fash, Brucey, Steeno, Saf, Ross Jack!!!!!!!

OTBC!

If Gow''s effort against Cardiff had gone in that would have comfortably won it for me, turned  their defender skillfully then chipped it with the outside of his foot but it went about an inch wide.

[quote user="braintree canary"]justin fashanu v liverpool in 1979 .[/quote]Unbeatable.  Fortunate to have been there and right behind it.

[quote user="Lambo"]

If Gow''s effort against Cardiff had gone in that would have comfortably won it for me, turned  their defender skillfully then chipped it with the outside of his foot but it went about an inch wide.

[/quote]Forgive me,  but how can that appear in a "Greatest goal ever seen at Carrow Road" thread?

Becuase i havent got one that tops the previously mentioned ones, so i thought to to keep discussion going i''d mention one that was about an inch from being a very special goal.

Apologies if that offends you.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Becuase i havent got one that tops the previously mentioned ones, so i thought to to keep discussion going i''d mention one that was about an inch from being a very special goal.

Apologies if that offends you.

[/quote]Touchy, touchy.  Did I mention any offense?

The why bother to make your post then? Not like mine was completely off topic to start with.