Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Kelvin Davies

Anyone take him? Not a bad goalkeeper, hasn''t been paid for a few weeks and his contract expires this summer.

Hmmm ex binner and to be honest have never really been that impressed with him as a goalkeeper, I remember he didn''t have the best of seasons when he was at Sunderland when thhy got relegated from the premiership, plus he''s got another relelgation on his CV with Southampton...

It''s not just the Keepers fault a club gets relegated, it''s mainly due to the 10 men infront of him. No one could blame Green for when we got relegated from the premiership.

Kelvin Davies won Saints player of the year by a mile last season and had a fantastic season. He would be a brilliant signing imo he should be the number one goalkeeping target.

I would have him in a shot, was quality for Southampton last season.

And Im being serious too, Southampton fans voted him their player of the month 4 times out of 9 last season.......  I actually think that he will get a championship club.

Had a shocker for Sunderland in the premiership season, but got over that pretty quickly, and that was in a team that won just 15 points all season. He cant be blamed for all of that, and the Premiership is light years (excuse the pun) away from our situation.

Knows the area well.

[quote user="pat51"]Kelvin Davies won Saints player of the year by a mile last season and had a fantastic season. He would be a brilliant signing imo he should be the number one goalkeeping target.[/quote]

You just beat me to it! 

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]He''s nothing special.[/quote]That''s much better than what we have right now though!

[quote user="barryevans"]he will go to a championship side reckon he might even end up at ipswich[/quote] I''d have him back tomorrow, you can have Wrighty !!

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="barryevans"]he will go to a championship side reckon he might even end up at ipswich[/quote] I''d have him back tomorrow, you can have Wrighty !!
[/quote]

No Thanks!

[quote user="Big Bob"]Anyone take him? Not a bad goalkeeper, hasn''t been paid for a few weeks and his contract expires this summer.[/quote]Why the hell would he come here?Engage brain before posting.

I thought he was pants against us when they came to Carrow Road earlier this year. At one point I believe he yelled at his defence when it was actually he who made a mistake of some sort? I digress. He''s really nothing special, I''d pick Marshall over him any day of the week. Plus, from an extremely picky and somewhat unfair point of view he''s a binner, got relegated with Sunderland AND got relegated with Southampton! That''s a lot of bad luck.

He was outstanding when we played them at St Mary''s.....we could have got at least a point but for his saves.

[quote user="Superflash"]I thought he was pants against us when they came to Carrow Road earlier this year. At one point I believe he yelled at his defence when it was actually he who made a mistake of some sort? I digress. He''s really nothing special, I''d pick Marshall over him any day of the week.

Plus, from an extremely picky and somewhat unfair point of view he''s a binner, got relegated with Sunderland AND got relegated with Southampton! That''s a lot of bad luck.
[/quote]

Im glad that you have survived a coma, but I am going to have to break something to you....... We cant pick Marshall anymore, hes not our player.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

Im glad that you have survived a coma, but I am going to have to break something to you....... We cant pick Marshall anymore, hes not our player.

[/quote]Don''t be silly! He''s still our goalkeeper on Fifa 2009, so he MUST still be pickable. [;)]But by this logic, we can''t pick Davies either because he''s not our player. What I meant was if I had to choose between the two, I''d pick Marshall over him.

[quote user="Insider"][quote user="Big Bob"]Anyone take him? Not a bad goalkeeper, hasn''t been paid for a few weeks and his contract expires this summer.[/quote]Why the hell would he come here?Engage brain before posting.[/quote]How about if you''ve got nothing constructive to say don''t say it at all, the world would be a better place.

[quote user="Delia Out"]Getting on a bit, Isn''t he ??[/quote]

Only 32..... that is by no means old for a keeper, should have a good few years left in the tank!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

Only 32..... that is by no means old for a keeper, should have a good few years left in the tank!

[/quote]

True, but past his best Isn''t he ??

[quote user="Delia Out"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

True, but past his best Isn''t he ??

[/quote]

Not going by his 4 player of the months and player of the year for southampton last season..... i would say that he is most definetly too good for us, and most definetly more reliable than david marshall...... I suspect championship club will snap him up.

With respect though, Southampton were cack last season. With the exception of one or two of them in the squad it''s not exactly like Davies had much competition for those epic player of the month awards. I believe Darren Moore was Derby''s player of the season when they were destroyed in the Premier League week after week, would he be a good signing for us? Give over. Even Cureton got the better of him in Janurary! Croft was our player of the season but as much as I liked him he couldn''t cross for shizzle. It''s fan voting for essentially the most likeable guy in the team, it doesn''t always mean they are as good as the fans think they are.Davies isn''t bad, not bad at all actually. But he''s really nothing special and we could get a younger and possibly cheaper keeper from somewhere. I''d actually be up for bringing in Doyle on loan from Birmingham.

As I have previously said .... he''s nothing special. But the biggest problem could be that he is too young! At 32 and although being nothing special he is a steady goalkeeper who could establish himself in the team. What would this mean to the development of our own very talented young keepers if he was in our permant keeper for the next few seasons? Perhaps what is needed is an older keeper who has ''been there'', ''done that'' and ''has the T shirt'' who could pass on his experience to the youngsters whilst at the same time being a good short term keeper who could give us good cover for the next season or two. Do we need another up and coming keeper (Doyle) who is still learning his trade or are we covered in that department?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]As I have previously said .... he''s nothing special. But the biggest problem could be that he is too young! At 32 and although being nothing special he is a steady goalkeeper who could establish himself in the team. What would this mean to the development of our own very talented young keepers if he was in our permant keeper for the next few seasons? Perhaps what is needed is an older keeper who has ''been there'', ''done that'' and ''has the T shirt'' who could pass on his experience to the youngsters whilst at the same time being a good short term keeper who could give us good cover for the next season or two. Do we need another up and coming keeper (Doyle) who is still learning his trade or are we covered in that department?[/quote]A good point well made. On the flip side of the coin for debate''s sake, the two young goalkeepers can actually learn a bit from one another. Sportsmen often find they learn to develop their game alongside their peers just as much as they do from say, a goalkeeping coach. With Rudd fighting for a place in the starting line-up on a semi regular basis this will force Doyle to keep pushing on to impress whilst it''ll also make Declan try harder to break into the team.

dont degrade yourselves to take more ex-ipswich players, theyll already take the pee out of you let alone if you buy they squad for 3-4seasons ago

go with youth

[quote user="we8wba"]

dont degrade yourselves to take more ex-ipswich players, theyll already take the pee out of you let alone if you buy they squad for 3-4seasons ago

go with youth

[/quote]

The goalkeeper that they sold to the premiership for £1.25m?

Our resident Ipswich fan has said that he would rather have Kelvin Davies than Richard Wright......

And who else have we signed from Ipswich? We dont have a single member of our squad that has ever played for Ipswich.