Sign in to follow this  
ZiggyPiggy

11,707 of you should hang your heads in shame.

Sorry that was aimed at the people saying those that are tight for cash shouldn''t have renewed in the first place*

IBA

To be fair if people are that strapped, and I feel for those that are, then they shouldn''t be renewing. Its not like they wouldn''t be able to get a ticket for the odd game when flush ist it?

There is no doubt that the circumstances of some, a minority, will have unfortunately changed since they contracted to buy season tickets but for most that will not be the case. it''s those people who p_ss me off because, as I have already said, if they were hovering on the brink of poverty what were they doing committing to a season ticket at NCFC in the first place. IMO most of the "rebaters" on here asked for their 11£ a month back out of some strange idea they were making an important gesture when all they were doing was doing the club and all the fans out of 22£ every time this futile gesture was made. I want this club to get promoted back at the first attempt, in fact, I think it is critically important that we do for several reasons so all the "rebaters" did was reduce significantly the amount of money that would have been available to buy the players that would have helped us towards this vital objective. So, not only will I not respect their decision to take the rebate but I will hold them in contempt as well.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

I must admit that I agree with the sentiment expressed in this post even if the wording could have been more sensitively chosen. We know the club is strapped for cash and when Foulger made his offer I saw nothing but generosity behind it - no conspiracy, no cunning plan to set fan against fan - but simply a good honest offer. Had the vast majority of fans matched his offer then our beloved club would have had more than one million quid to spend on players with the objective of getting us back into the Championship at the first attempt. Flipping heck, isn''t that what true Norwich City fans want ? Apparently not. The majority of posters on here have slated the offer and therefore also the originator of this thread. I have read lots of nonsense about "what I''m going to do with the £11 per month" from the student for whom this apparently was going to pay for his loan, gas, electricity and food (obviously not an economics or a maths student) to someone who suddenly has a desperate need for a sat nav. There are even posters slagging off SEAT0123 for being insensitive to the poverty of some who simply couldn''t have lived without their rebate. How pathetic. If they were that poor they how could they have afforded season tickets in the first place and what would they have done if we had stayed up ?  For God''s sake people, get a grip, what would you have all done if the unthinkable had happened and our beloved club had avoided the drop ????? Where would that have left you, I wonder, how would you have survived ? How would that student have paid his loan etc and how would that poster manage without the satnav ? You lot make me sick, all you did was make a spiteful gesture instead of taking the offer for what it was : a genuine and sincere attempt to raise substantial funds for the benefit of ........ the fans.

[/quote]

What are you saying that just because some of us fans claimed back our money we are not real fans? We had the freedom of the choice and we chose to take back our money so quit your moaning mate.

[/quote]

I will quit making blunt, forthright and truthful observations when you and your hoppoes on here stop being smug, self-righeous pratts.

[/quote]

What i dont understand is why are we prats if we want our cash back? Im not paying more than i have too to see L1 football when nobody in the club (such as players or managment staff) would give up any of their money and mainly it''s their fault why we''re in this mess.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

IBATo be fair if people are that strapped, and I feel for those that are, then they shouldn''t be renewing. Its not like they wouldn''t be able to get a ticket for the odd game when flush ist it?

There is no doubt that the circumstances of some, a minority, will have unfortunately changed since they contracted to buy season tickets but for most that will not be the case. it''s those people who p_ss me off because, as I have already said, if they were hovering on the brink of poverty what were they doing committing to a season ticket at NCFC in the first place. IMO most of the "rebaters" on here asked for their 11£ a month back out of some strange idea they were making an important gesture when all they were doing was doing the club and all the fans out of 22£ every time this futile gesture was made. I want this club to get promoted back at the first attempt, in fact, I think it is critically important that we do for several reasons so all the "rebaters" did was reduce significantly the amount of money that would have been available to buy the players that would have helped us towards this vital objective. So, not only will I not respect their decision to take the rebate but I will hold them in contempt as well.

[/quote]Because they love the club and love going to the games??

IBA

To be fair if people are that strapped, and I feel for those that are, then they shouldn''t be renewing. Its not like they wouldn''t be able to get a ticket for the odd game when flush ist it?

[/quote]So you think it''s the people who claimed their rebates back that have significantly reduced the amount of money that Gunn will have to bring the players in, well i''ve got a slight issue with that mate, do you not think that Delia MWJ and Foulger are to blame for us hardly having any money this season when THEY let Roeder waste loads of money on crap players last season like Sibierski, Henville, Koroma, also they made the last 2 appointments which turned out to be crap and ended up wasting loads more money paying them off, so is it really the "rebaters" who have significantly reduced the amount of money we have?

not sure that argument holds water

I love th eclub , I enjoy going to games , but I can not afford too at the moment - I look at £ 40 for three tickets to matches and think - that is half a weeks food shop or a tank of petrol , so NCFC does not get my money 

People have priorities and NCFC are not anywhere near teh top of mine at all 

[/quote]Nobody has "done the club" out of anything, that''s a ridiculous way to look at it.All season ticket holders have paid the full price for their season ticket for the 2009-2010 season.Some - 33% or thereabouts - have given the club a donation, in effect, by not reclaiming money which is rightfully theirs.  The majority have decided that they will pay in full for a season ticket but will not give the club a cash gift ON TOP of the price of a season ticket.

[quote user="Seat0123"]I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine.

I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know.

Sorry to have troubled you.

[/quote]

The key line of the whole rant.

It''s more important to YOU, but not everyone.

I could criticize you for ''rewarding failure'', for that is what you are doing, but I am not doing that because it''s your choice.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[/quote]

Nobody has "done the club" out of anything, that''s a ridiculous way to look at it.

All season ticket holders have paid the full price for their season ticket for the 2009-2010 season.

Some - 33% or thereabouts - have given the club a donation, in effect, by not reclaiming money which is rightfully theirs.  The majority have decided that they will pay in full for a season ticket but will not give the club a cash gift ON TOP of the price of a season ticket.

[/quote]

Post of the day because, not only is it totally accurate, it also makes the point without recourse to emotion.

We''re going down with delia''s donkeys

We''re not going anywhere

So we''ve accepted our fate

And claimed our ST rebate

''Cos we are a crap football team!!!!!!

Bob Stroud please stand up and accept your tw@ of the year award!

Why do you think we should pay over £400 to watch 3rd division football?

[quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

Just laugh about it, us who claimed the rebates were called scummers earlier lol

Funny how these Bob Stroud type characters pop up out of the blue on days like this.[;)][;)] Nice to see our new chief exec has picked up where the last one left off.[:D][:D]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Funny how these Bob Stroud type characters pop up out of the blue on days like this.[;)][;)] Nice to see our new chief exec has picked up where the last one left off.[:D][:D]
[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why can''t many people seem to respect the decisions others make with their money?[/quote]

Yawn. Why can''t you stop repeating the same thing ? You lot on here seem to have opinions on everything including Foulger "making his offer conditional" so as far as I''m concerned it''s open day and  will comment on this thread and its subject matter if I feel like it. So, flipping, there !

[/quote]

If you were a door handle.....you''d be a knob.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

Just laugh about it, us who claimed the rebates were called scummers earlier lol

[/quote]

Yeah we are all binners really and just trying to get one over Delia, its a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cant be real fans!!! Oh I feel so dirty claiming my rebate, ill have to scrub myself down in the shower...oh the shame!!!!!!!

LOL

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why can''t many people seem to respect the decisions others make with their money?[/quote]

Yawn. Why can''t you stop repeating the same thing ? You lot on here seem to have opinions on everything including Foulger "making his offer conditional" so as far as I''m concerned it''s open day and  will comment on this thread and its subject matter if I feel like it. So, flipping, there !

[/quote]

If you were a door handle.....you''d be a knob.

[/quote]Nope, got to pick you up on that Mello. He''d have to be a knob all along as a handle and a knob are two different things.I suspect he''s always been a knob and never a handle.[;)]

[/quote]

OK Bob, hands up, I claimed my rebate. I was able to pay the envisaged Â£427 so the £80-odd now winging it''s way back is, to be honest, personally neither here or there to me. I sent my form back with a letter explaining that I am unwilling to give extra cash to a bunch of incompetents whose track record over the last four/five years has been abysmal.

Do you really believe that ALL the rebate money will be spent on new players/wages? You''re in a minority if you do. 

We can agree on one thing though and that is people should be held in contempt. In my case it''s where the blame for this current fiasco lies, namely the Board. In your case, sadly, it''s the supporters. The same supporters who trusted these people and have been badly let down.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[/quote]Nobody has "done the club" out of anything, that''s a ridiculous way to look at it.All season ticket holders have paid the full price for their season ticket for the 2009-2010 season.Some - 33% or thereabouts - have given the club a donation, in effect, by not reclaiming money which is rightfully theirs.  The majority have decided that they will pay in full for a season ticket but will not give the club a cash gift ON TOP of the price of a season ticket.

[/quote]Thats exactly what I was trying to get across earlier. People are welcome to do what they want with their money. But with regards to the people taking the ''Holier than thou'' attitude; I trust next season if we stay in league one and we are all charged league one prices; that they will happily pay extra on top as they have this season.

I''m one of the 11,707 and I''m not hanging my head in shame.

Infact I might just be grateful to NCFC for buying me Virtua Tennis 2009!

I personally did not claim my rebate or my five year old son''s, he pays £82 per year, I explained to him what the club wanted to do with the money and he was happy, like me, to let the club have it, with no pressure from me (I even said he could have the £16.40 to spend on what he likes).  I will be honest with you, if they don''t get back up this year I will be seriously looking at not renewing for the following season. As far as I am concerned the present board are drinking in the last chance saloon. I can find better ways of spending £500 on season tickets, let alone the additional cost of travel from Newmarket, food, drink, programmes, shirts etc. to watch Norwich.

The only thing that disapointed me about Mr Foulger''s offer to double the rebate, like others, is, if he is such a true fan/supporter, if he was prepared to give £1m away why doesn''t he just give it the club now anyway? Then we will have an extra £650k.

However I am not going to vilify 11.7k people who decided to claim the rebate, they were given the option, they made their choice for whatever reason and claimed their money back, as was their right, as decided by the board.

This continual in fighting is getting a bit pathetic, so called supporters turning on other sections of  supporters of their own team just to get one upmanship on each other. We''ve had the Worthy outers, the Worthy Inners, Were still in the Delia out, Delia in, Gunny out, Gunny in phase, what will be next? Unity would be nice.

I don''t look at myself as any better than any person who wears the colours, turns up to watch every home and away game or turns up once in a blue moon. I used to like to think we all had a common bond, alas it looks like those days are well and truely over, but I won''t have a go at anyone who decides to claim what they are entitled to claim.

I cant believe how cheep the season tickets are.......and cant believe people have claimed back £70!!???!??

I cant get a season tkt anymore as work abroad 6 months of the year but my bro has a season tkt at QPR...he pays nearly 1k! And has done for a number of seasons!

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah we are all binners really and just trying to get one over Delia, its a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cant be real fans!!! Oh I feel so dirty claiming my rebate, ill have to scrub myself down in the shower...oh the shame!!!!!!!

LOL

[/quote]

Pass the bleach when you''ve finished please lol

[quote user="Icantbebotheredtomakeupaname"]

We''ve had the Worthy outers, the Worthy Inners, Were still in the Delia out, Delia in, Gunny out, Gunny in phase, what will be next? Unity would be nice.

[/quote]

Welcome.

However while you ask for unity, may be you should remember that it was the board that appointed Gunny as manager for the forthcoming season in the face of major opposition from the fans. 

The guilt lies with the board, they have got us to the position we currently face.

It is wishful thinking asking for unity given the board we have.