Sign in to follow this  
ZiggyPiggy

11,707 of you should hang your heads in shame.

I totally agree with the originator of this post.One thing to remember is Norwich,s ticket and especally season ticket prices are cheap to start with even for league one.It,s not the boards fault we were relegated,it was totally down to

Mr Roeder and a series of well documented ****hole decisions over a period of time.Claiming the rebate is a knee jerk reaction to the disappointment of our demise.Clubs over their history of course go up and also go down.

DEAL WITH IT.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Nope.

An 8 hour commute is a tad too much for me now. Plus I am rich too and not feeling the recession.

[/quote]I can''t believe this hasn''t been picked up on...the last part especially!Gloating much? It''s make me slightly sick. But fair enough if you worked to get there, your sentiments though are ill judged and misplaced. I would love to be a season ticket holder as I used to be many moons ago, but what with being laid off and spending the last 2 months searching for work I haven''t been able to afford to. I love Norwich and hope we can bounce straight but up again but what people do with their money is up to them, sometimes is goes beyond ''a game'' which football is at the end of the day. Regardless of what the budget is, come the opening day I still will be cheering the team hoping for the best...if I haven''t moved by then!

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]I totally agree with the originator of this post.One thing to remember is Norwich,s ticket and especally season ticket prices are cheap to start with even for league one.It,s not the boards fault we were relegated,it was totally down to Mr Roeder and a series of well documented ****hole decisions over a period of time.Claiming the rebate is a knee jerk reaction to the disappointment of our demise.Clubs over their history of course go up and also go down. DEAL WITH IT.[/quote]

[|-)]

Each indivual is entitled to make their own mind up about claiming their money back.

Some clearly need the money in difficult family times. Others simply want to have back the money because they will be watching 1st Division (sorry 3rd division) football this coming season and not Championship (2nd division) football.

For many it was coupled with an anger for what had happened to their club and a lack of confidence in leadership.

The NCISA statement I suspect has had little influence on individuals who are capable of making their own mind up.

We can all do without others thinking it is up to them to comment on what each individual has decided. They simply do not know the circumstances.

That stands for fans on both sides of the argument about claiming a refund.

There are WAY MORE than 11,707 of us hanging our head in shame, but it''s got nothing to do with refunds. It has to do with getting relegated for the 2nd time in 4 years and dropping to a division we have not been in for 50+ years.

I claimed mine because i dont want to pay championship prices in div 3. even tho he has now found a new one, my dad also lost his job so i am not ashamed of claiming mine back. also as the originator of this post said, it is only £11 a month, so what is the club going to do with that?

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

It''s a free world, baby!

[quote user="jimidack"][quote user="Blainsey"]

Nope.

An 8 hour commute is a tad too much for me now. Plus I am rich too and not feeling the recession.

[/quote]I can''t believe this hasn''t been picked up on...the last part especially!Gloating much? It''s make me slightly sick. But fair enough if you worked to get there, your sentiments though are ill judged and misplaced. I would love to be a season ticket holder as I used to be many moons ago, but what with being laid off and spending the last 2 months searching for work I haven''t been able to afford to. I love Norwich and hope we can bounce straight but up again but what people do with their money is up to them, sometimes is goes beyond ''a game'' which football is at the end of the day. Regardless of what the budget is, come the opening day I still will be cheering the team hoping for the best...if I haven''t moved by then![/quote]That''s because he''s BSing

[quote user="Seat0123"]I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine. I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know. Sorry to have troubled you.[/quote]As ive just written on another thread, ignoring any thoughts on the board, the fact is we were

told that championship football would cost X, and league one football

would cost X. Naturally the former would cost more. The rebate is

simply money that is owed to the season ticket holders. If people dont

want to take it then thats up to them.Lets

say next season we stay down and therefore our season ticket prices are set at the league one price, will anyone suddenly decide to hand over an extra bit of money on

top? Because thats essentially whats happening here.

The point is that as a result of the rubbish served up for the past four years and the gross mismanagement of the board I like many others claimed my rebate back as a protest against the total lack of ambition shown by the club. People like Seat0123 will be quite happy to see us playing non - league football as long as their beloved cronies on the board are still running things. The number claiming back their rebates are not just as a result of the recession but also a clear protest to the board that the majority of fans are still very unhappy at both past and current events at Carrow Road. If Foulger is disappointed in the percentage of rebates returned to the club''s coffers there''s nothing to stop him contributing the full amount that he would have contributed if 100% of fans had returned their rebates.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]There are WAY MORE than 11,707 of us hanging our head in shame, but it''s got nothing to do with refunds. It has to do with getting relegated for the 2nd time in 4 years and dropping to a division we have not been in for 50+ years.[/quote]

How right you are

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Seat0123"]I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine.

I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know.

Sorry to have troubled you.

[/quote]

As ive just written on another thread, ignoring any thoughts on the board, the fact is we were told that championship football would cost X, and league one football would cost X. Naturally the former would cost more. The rebate is simply money that is owed to the season ticket holders. If people dont want to take it then thats up to them.

Lets say next season we stay down and therefore our season ticket prices are set at the league one price, will anyone suddenly decide to hand over an extra bit of money on top? Because thats essentially whats happening here.

[/quote]

If CCC costs X and League 1 also costs X, then one would not cost more than the other.  X = X.  [;)]

However, we would NOT be hanging our heads in shame if the board had not had it collective head up its aXX.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Seat0123"]I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine. I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know. Sorry to have troubled you.[/quote]As ive just written on another thread, ignoring any thoughts on the board, the fact is we were told that championship football would cost X, and league one football would cost X. Naturally the former would cost more. The rebate is simply money that is owed to the season ticket holders. If people dont want to take it then thats up to them.Lets say next season we stay down and therefore our season ticket prices are set at the league one price, will anyone suddenly decide to hand over an extra bit of money on top? Because thats essentially whats happening here.[/quote]

If CCC costs X and League 1 also costs X, then one would not cost more than the other.  X = X.  [;)]

However, we would NOT be hanging our heads in shame if the board had not had it collective head up its aXX.

[/quote]Ah, so thats where I was going wrong in my A level maths [;)]

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]I totally agree with the originator of this post.One thing to remember is Norwich,s ticket and especally season ticket prices are cheap to start with even for league one.It,s not the boards fault we were relegated,it was totally down to Mr Roeder and a series of well documented ****hole decisions over a period of time.Claiming the rebate is a knee jerk reaction to the disappointment of our demise.Clubs over their history of course go up and also go down. DEAL WITH IT.[/quote]

"Earth to Planet Croydon, Earth to Planet Croydon.............."

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

Well the club shouldnt have offered the deal on rebates in the 1st place should they you daft plum?

[/quote]

I must admit that I agree with the sentiment expressed in this post even if the wording could have been more sensitively chosen. We know the club is strapped for cash and when Foulger made his offer I saw nothing but generosity behind it - no conspiracy, no cunning plan to set fan against fan - but simply a good honest offer. Had the vast majority of fans matched his offer then our beloved club would have had more than one million quid to spend on players with the objective of getting us back into the Championship at the first attempt. Flipping heck, isn''t that what true Norwich City fans want ? Apparently not. The majority of posters on here have slated the offer and therefore also the originator of this thread. I have read lots of nonsense about "what I''m going to do with the £11 per month" from the student for whom this apparently was going to pay for his loan, gas, electricity and food (obviously not an economics or a maths student) to someone who suddenly has a desperate need for a sat nav. There are even posters slagging off SEAT0123 for being insensitive to the poverty of some who simply couldn''t have lived without their rebate. How pathetic. If they were that poor they how could they have afforded season tickets in the first place and what would they have done if we had stayed up ?  For God''s sake people, get a grip, what would you have all done if the unthinkable had happened and our beloved club had avoided the drop ????? Where would that have left you, I wonder, how would you have survived ? How would that student have paid his loan etc and how would that poster manage without the satnav ? You lot make me sick, all you did was make a spiteful gesture instead of taking the offer for what it was : a genuine and sincere attempt to raise substantial funds for the benefit of ........ the fans.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[/quote]

I must admit that I agree with the sentiment expressed in this post even if the wording could have been more sensitively chosen. We know the club is strapped for cash and when Foulger made his offer I saw nothing but generosity behind it - no conspiracy, no cunning plan to set fan against fan - but simply a good honest offer. Had the vast majority of fans matched his offer then our beloved club would have had more than one million quid to spend on players with the objective of getting us back into the Championship at the first attempt. Flipping heck, isn''t that what true Norwich City fans want ? Apparently not. The majority of posters on here have slated the offer and therefore also the originator of this thread. I have read lots of nonsense about "what I''m going to do with the £11 per month" from the student for whom this apparently was going to pay for his loan, gas, electricity and food (obviously not an economics or a maths student) to someone who suddenly has a desperate need for a sat nav. There are even posters slagging off SEAT0123 for being insensitive to the poverty of some who simply couldn''t have lived without their rebate. How pathetic. If they were that poor they how could they have afforded season tickets in the first place and what would they have done if we had stayed up ?  For God''s sake people, get a grip, what would you have all done if the unthinkable had happened and our beloved club had avoided the drop ????? Where would that have left you, I wonder, how would you have survived ? How would that student have paid his loan etc and how would that poster manage without the satnav ? You lot make me sick, all you did was make a spiteful gesture instead of taking the offer for what it was : a genuine and sincere attempt to raise substantial funds for the benefit of ........ the fans.

[/quote]

Half the time I don''t think it''s what''s been written it''s the way it''s written that wrangles me.

If Mr Foulger has come out and said I am prepared to stick in £1 million, how about the fans try and match it, then maybe I would have been swayed.  But he basically said you give your rebates back and I will match it.

But that''s by the by.

As I said it''s not what you say or want to say it''s about how you say it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What are you saying that just because some of us fans claimed back our money we are not real fans? We had the freedom of the choice and we chose to take back our money so quit your moaning mate.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why can''t many people seem to respect the decisions others make with their money?[/quote]

Yawn. Why can''t you stop repeating the same thing ? You lot on here seem to have opinions on everything including Foulger "making his offer conditional" so as far as I''m concerned it''s open day and  will comment on this thread and its subject matter if I feel like it. So, flipping, there !

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What are you saying that just because some of us fans claimed back our money we are not real fans? We had the freedom of the choice and we chose to take back our money so quit your moaning mate.

[/quote]

I will quit making blunt, forthright and truthful observations when you and your hoppoes on here stop being smug, self-righeous pratts.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I think that it is you that should hang your head in shame. How can you assume that everybodies financial situation is the same as yours. £11 a month is a lot of money for some people right now, huge redundancy rates, huge unemployment levels, massively high home repossession and mortgage arrears rates, record high gas and electricity bills, petrol prices on the increase, one in three children in Norfolk living in poverty.

[/quote]To be fair if people are that strapped, and I feel for those that are, then they shouldn''t be renewing. Its not like they wouldn''t be able to get a ticket for the odd game when flush ist it?

Im sure if we didnt have the cook in charge or if Oddjob had not been given the managers job more would have let the club keep the rebates , bottom line is though that if a club in League 1 with 18,000 season ticket holders cannot afford a promotion sized transfer kitty without asking for donations from the supporters then there is something very very wrong at said club .

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.[/quote]i guess because the money promised from the transfers we have had, have gone back into the players budget!!!! grow up you tool! Delia and co have raped us for far to long..... if i had a guarantee the money would go straight back in i would happliy give it back, but this proves how people united can make people sit up and listen!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Why can''t many people seem to respect the decisions others make with their money?[/quote]

Yawn. Why can''t you stop repeating the same thing ? You lot on here seem to have opinions on everything including Foulger "making his offer conditional" so as far as I''m concerned it''s open day and  will comment on this thread and its subject matter if I feel like it. So, flipping, there !

[/quote]

Opinions are like ****holes, everyones got one. 

It does seem to me that quite a few fans take our support for granted.

The supporters are totally blameless for this mess. How many other clubs, in the position we''re in, would have had over 18,000 season ticket renewals in the first place? How many other clubs would have seen their attendances hold up so well despite the team getting consistently worse for the past four years or so? How much money have those supporters spent on the club, only to see us fall to the inexcusable position we are in now? And then people criticise the fans for taking back what is a pretty small sum of money compared to what they have probably put in over the years. Last season I personally spent about £900 on the football club yet suddenly I''m a disgrace, not a true fan, whatever for deciding to take back £70 of it (which I am legally entitled to do). Other people have spent more, others less, but no-one is forced to spend money on football, it''s a choice we all make for the love of the club and no-one''s support should be questioned because someone thinks they should have spent more. That is the real disgrace. Likewise if you leave the money with the club - good for you and let''s hope it''s used wisely, you should not be slagged off for it, either. It''s an admirable gesture. But it doesn''t make you a better fan.

This club is very very lucky to get the level of support it gets and it has clearly taken it for granted for the past few years. I hate that some sections of our support are now doing the same. Let''s just think of the level of support even some Premier League clubs get that isn''t as good as ours, and be thankful that we aren''t even worse off as we would be if our fanbase was more like these clubs.

As i said before, i was made redundant a fortnight a go and renewed in February, am i supposed to be a fortune teller now?

[/quote]

[/quote]whats your problem, i''ve had my season ticket for years now and i claimed my rebate back for one reason that i''m not paying championship prices for 3rd division football, simple as that mate, no conspiracy, get over yourself!