Sign in to follow this  
ZiggyPiggy

11,707 of you should hang your heads in shame.

[quote user="Blainsey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Blainsey"]

Imagine a £2mil budget in League One. Well I hope that you tight-fisted rebate claimers are proud of yourselves. No doubt you will be the first to complain when we cannot afford certain targets.

Disgraceful.

[/quote]

^^^^ THIS MAN HAS NOT EVEN GOT A SEASON TICKET ^^^^^

[/quote]

Really?

[/quote]

In that case, as he feels so strongly, I assume he''ll be sending the club a cheque for £70...

[/quote]

lol don''t hold your breath mate [:D]

[/quote]

Actually sod it. I will send a cheque. C/O Foulger I assume?

[/quote]

Unbelievable. I cant even comprehend what just happened, that is one of the lowest things I have ever seen on here. You just came on here and called everybody who didnt send back their rebate a disgrace.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Hooray, here we go.  This is exactly the aim of the rebate excercise, put the fans against each other and deflect the problem away from our disasterous board.  Congratulations seat whatever it is, you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Since when did any teams player budget become the responsibility of the fans? You see they have shifted the blame nicely away from themselves and onto season ticket holders and Mr Foulger comes out looking like a local hero.

Now say everybody left their rebate with the club and Mr Foulger matched it(which I always doubted) then why is he not just putting that in anyway and showing he deserves his place on the board? I''ll tell you why, because he never intended matching all of it in the first place, it''s just another massive piece of bull turd from our delightful board of directors.
[/quote]

I''m sure that sums up the Boards intentions very well here, but I don''t think the majority of fans fell for it, hence the rebates, of course there is always going to be a few fans that will gobble up anything the Board chucks at us.

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

really. so the club can waste the money on next season''s versions of Koroma, Killen, Sibierski,  i.e. waste money on subsidising another team''s wageroll and then leave them on the bench because they''re either sh!te or injured.

Or continue to pay the wages of Otsemebor who had the audacity to receive a wage far in excess of my own to stroll on the pitch for 90 minutes each week and do f*** all ?

Or for the board to use as severance pay for yet another incompetent manager and his staff that they have chosen

Norwich City are not a charity. If i was going to give money to charity i''d give it to a hospice.

As it is, my travel costs exceed my season ticket.

I''ll keep the money thanks and use it for an away day and hope for a better performance than some of the appalling ones i''ve witnessed on my travels over the past few years from teams managed by Roeder, Grant & Gunn.

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.[/quote]This is such an insensitive and pompous line to take with people who may be struggling for ends meet at the moment. You should be ashamed, no one else.

This thread illustrates perfectly my gripe regarding the whole rebate fiasco. As I have said on numerous occasions there is no "shortfall", the only way the club could legitimately say there is a "shortfall" is if they budgeted for 20,000 season tickets holders renewing but only 18,200 did.

The club offered the rebate to the fans should we be relegated, you have to ask whether they were complacent and did not think for one minute they would have to pay out.

What also has been missed is the number of ST renewals, you need to ask yourself how many ST renewals there would have been had the the rebate not been on offer.

And finally you have to ask why the "donation" from Mr Foulger was conditional, after all the board members are all fans just like us and they are always on the look out for investment......

The club are wholly responsible for the whole ill thought out rebate policy, but I would suggest that in reality they are delighted with 18,200 ST renewals and £300k in rebate waivers. 

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

This is such an insensitive and pompous line to take with people who may be struggling for ends meet at the moment. You should be ashamed, no one else.
[/quote]

really ....hadnt noticed!

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.[/quote]You should hang your head in shame you righteous prick!If people wish to claim THEIR money back then that is THEIR right, they owe this club nothing and if anything the club owe the fans this rebate.I cant believe people left THEIR money with this excuse for a board. I also hope the people that did claim THEIR money back manage to bring a bit of happiness into THEIR lives with it.Maybe you are so rich the £11 P.M means nothing to you, to others this may be a considerable payout! Think about your post again and come back when you have something worth posting about till then. Stay away you will not be missed!

Why should the fans keep supporting financially the overpaid, overrated players wages?

If i were the board i would make the players/management/directors pay for it!

im at work doing overtime at the moment and am amazed at what people are writing i cant really afford my season ticket alone let alone without the rebate however i did not claim hence the overtime im doing at the moment due to lack of funs so please dont say 11000 fans who didnt claim should be ashamed as i quite easily could have been one of them.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months[/quote]

Shame you didn''t keep it that way.

[/quote]

and for a few more

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months[/quote]

Shame you didn''t keep it that way.

[/quote]

and for a few more

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

[/quote]

I have to say i do agree with seat0123 a little bit on this one. £11 a month really is not that much and you may say people need this money, but if the needed it how could they afford to buy a season ticket in the first place when there was still a chance of us being in the championship next year??!!! I also agree that you pay for what you see so in this respect we should all get a full refund from last year. i also dont think it was a good move for the club to offer  rebate and then beg to keep it. But i also think alot more people for the sake of £11 a month could and should have left it in the club?!!

[quote user="league1canary"]

[/quote]

I have to say i do agree with seat0123 a little bit on this one. £11 a month really is not that much and you may say people need this money, but if the needed it how could they afford to buy a season ticket in the first place when there was still a chance of us being in the championship next year??!!! I also agree that you pay for what you see so in this respect we should all get a full refund from last year. i also dont think it was a good move for the club to offer  rebate and then beg to keep it. But i also think alot more people for the sake of £11 a month could and should have left it in the club?!!

[/quote]

If the club can take a £2.5m loan for a piece of land without consulting the fans, then they shouldnt be asking them for money. The amount given back to the club will only just pay the interest on the loan. If Delia wasnt in charge, many more people would have left the money in the ''club''. Only its not a club any more its a ''business'' as we are so often told. Well if its too much of a business to care about or consult fans, then it is too much of a business to ask for charitable donations.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

“One in three waive the right to claim cash” is one way of viewing the numbers.

A more plausible explanation may be that right to claim the rebate was a vote of confidence in the current regime at Carrow Road and the result was that two out three have voted against.

I’m surprised at the numbers, and my impression was the “vocal minority” were just that - a minority. It seems not.

And I’m struggling as to why those who claimed the rebate should hang their heads in shame.

It was a convenient and easy way to show their disapproval at the way NCFC has been run for the last few years without having to resort to protest, boycotts or spending time on message boards.

That opportunity was given to them by NCFC, and they took it.

[/quote]Or alternatively: 6000 odd* people payed for the priviledge of showing their confidence in the board.All this tell us is that 2 in three people decided to take the rebate.  It tells us nothing else, not about confidence in the board, not about the disposable income of norfolk people or anything else.  A vote with a finacial incentive going the way of the financial incentive isn''t really surprising is it?  I''m actually shocked it was 1 in 3, I wouldn''t have had I been eligable to "vote". (note location <=)

*either meaning of odd (strange or around that number) works here.

I left my rebate in the club I love.   I can afford to.  I woudln''t criticise anyone who didn''t.  I don''t know their circumstances.

The only people who should hang their heads in shame are those who (i) claimed their £70 (or whatever) back even though they could afford not to, and then (b) demand that other people - Foulger / Delia / Santa Claus put vast sums of their own money in.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

I left my rebate in the club I love.   I can afford to.  I woudln''t criticise anyone who didn''t.  I don''t know their circumstances.

[/quote][Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The whole point surrounding the rebate is that it is purely personal choice. No one has the right to criticise or preach to anyone for whatever decision they made or their reasons for doing so whether they be financial or otherwise.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry but this is both condescending and naive.  What the numbers claiming their rebate back shows to me is that two thirds of the season ticket holders have had enough of the club they love being mismanaged for so long.  It also shows the complacency of the board in thinking that they were keeping their fingers crossed that they wouldn''t have to pay this money out at all.  At last they get a clear wake up signal that although they can rely on a significant level of support, this support should not be taken for granted.

I have to say as someone who did not claim his rebate, I find it disgusting that people suddenley think they can tell people how they should or should not spend their money. It''s my money and I''ll spend it however I like.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I have to say as someone who did not claim his rebate, I find it disgusting that people suddenley think they can tell people how they should or should not spend their money. It''s my money and I''ll spend it however I like.[/quote]Particularly the people who didn''t buy a season ticket in the first place.

Its a personal choice that the board gave the fans.  No stigma attached in taking the refund at all.

TBH, i think its up to the person, i asked for the money back, because i (well my grandad) pays way too much, i get about 1 1/2 shirts a season on average (i.e i get 1 some, and 2 others), thats £40 plus names and numbers, so £50, every game, its £5 on food and drink, that should be about £2, its just silly. And when the Club has no money, gets relegated, because of bad management, at every level really, fans have the right to get some money back, if they had not of offerd it, then i suppose not many people would have even mentioned it.So don''t moan, or tell the fans who took THEIR money back to feel ashamed or anything, its the clubs fault.I am happy to spend money, and i do spend a lot of my own money, on shirts and other bits in the shop there, but when the club is in the state its in, why should they be given any more money, for example, (i don''t know the exact figures) transfers over that last 5/10 years, how much profit have we made?But then we waste it on these silly little fees all over the place, wern''t we 2nd/3rd in a table of who speant the most on agents? we only had a few trasnfers, and over 15 loans, all of which cost not much induvidually, but when its 17/18 thats quite  a bit, there is no form of organisation there. ( sorry there are probably lots of spelling mistakes, but i don''t have spellchecker on my work PC, and cba to check though it all)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I have to say as someone who did not claim his rebate, I find it disgusting that people suddenley think they can tell people how they should or should not spend their money. It''s my money and I''ll spend it however I like.
[/quote]

Particularly the people who didn''t buy a season ticket in the first place.
[/quote]

Im still shocked with that, it genuinely is the most horrendous thing I have seen on here from one City fan to others.....

Nobody should hang their heads in shame and anyone who reclaimed was entitled to do so. i understand why they did and I thought long and hard about it myself. Its not our job to provide the manager with a decent budget./ he should have that anyway given our season ticket numbers.

It is however a shame for the club that less people didn''t waive the rebate as obviously it would have meant a lot more money for Gunn in the transfer market.

As a non season ticket holder , looking at this objectively and without an axe to grind  - it makes perfect sense for those who can afford to leave the rebate in the club to do so , however they then can not be high and mighty about those that are claiming their rebate . Every persons situation is different and individual to them alone . I cannot afford a season ticket for myself, daughter and son so the rebate to me is irrelevant . I would get a season ticket tomorrow if I could and I would claim any rebate going if I did . However that is my personal opinion and won;t happen anyway 

What the club would understand would be if renewals had dropped as a result of relegation , that would have been a truer gauge of opinion - they have a mandate to continue because of the renewals that happened anyway , the rebates are not going to change things one way or the other 

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Hooray, here we go.  This is exactly the aim of the rebate excercise, put the fans against each other and deflect the problem away from our disasterous board.  Congratulations seat whatever it is, you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Since when did any teams player budget become the responsibility of the fans? You see they have shifted the blame nicely away from themselves and onto season ticket holders and Mr Foulger comes out looking like a local hero.

Now say everybody left their rebate with the club and Mr Foulger matched it(which I always doubted) then why is he not just putting that in anyway and showing he deserves his place on the board? I''ll tell you why, because he never intended matching all of it in the first place, it''s just another massive piece of bull turd from our delightful board of directors.
[/quote]

More excellent points there, Inchy. As you so rightly say, the playing budget and all things financial are the sole resposibility of our incompetent, floundering board of directors. We pay to go and watch games as a form of ENTERTAINMENT, as and when we feel like it. We, as supporters of the club, have no obligation to stump up any money; whether for matchday tickets, season tickets, merchandise or anything else in connection with NCFC. It''s about time that the muppets who run the club understood that.

Wake up and smell the coffee

[/quote]

My last post has been mysteriously edited.  I also told you to go away....