Sign in to follow this  
ZiggyPiggy

11,707 of you should hang your heads in shame.

I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

lol hark at you and your holier than thou attitude.

You could also say that the board should not have made the offer to drop the prices if we were relegated.

Am we ashamed at claiming £22 pm back?  Nope we are paying division 3 prices for division 3 football, nothing to feel guilty about.

People are entitled to do what they wish with their money.

I believe that the people that claimed their money back did so due to the current financial climate and rightly so if they have a family to support or not.

Just because you obviously have more money than sense it doesnt mean the rest of us has, you haven''t posted on here for a few months? Well may I suggest you leave it for a few months before coming back again.

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

Where do you sit in the Carrow Road PR Dept. ?

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.[/quote]You really need to get out more.   Your disgrace has been noted and ignored.  Now **** off for another few months.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

You could also say that the board should not have made the offer to drop the prices if we were relegated.

Am we ashamed at claiming £22 pm back?  Nope we are paying division 3 prices for division 3 football, nothing to feel guilty about.

[/quote]

I thought that you and your family stopped going midway through last season?

Whilst I don''t doubt that there are people who claimed it due to financial reasons (although I''m not sure if people would have renewed in the first place if they couldn''t afford it), I think it''s a bit presumptious to think that everyone did - I am in the fortunate position to afford full price but I still claimed it back out of principle (with a ''nice'' letter thrown in for good measure).

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.

I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.

Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.

We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.

[/quote]

I think that it is you that should hang your head in shame. How can you assume that everybodies financial situation is the same as yours. £11 a month is a lot of money for some people right now, huge redundancy rates, huge unemployment levels, massively high home repossession and mortgage arrears rates, record high gas and electricity bills, petrol prices on the increase, one in three children in Norfolk living in poverty.

And you have the cheek to generalise about 11,707 people, many of whom are going through a tremendously difficult time, because they dont want to support a club that spent £450k on agents fees in 6 months in 2008 and are paying huge amounts of interest on a £2.5m loan for a piece of land that they cannot sell. My ''£11 a month'' (not an accurate figure for me) is helping to pay my biggest ever gas bill after a year as a student.

Who said that the £11 wont help anyone?  Maybe it is keeping food on somebodies table, maybe it is enabling somebody to continue a direct debit to a charity, maybe it will be a kids pocket money. My local pub needs my rebate money too, nearly every business in the county needs money.

It is you that should be ashamed. Now p*ss off you aloof epitomy of ignorance.

I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine. I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know. Sorry to have troubled you.

[/quote]

I wanted my £72.30 back as times are extremly tight right now. Why the hell should I pay over the odds for anything? would you got to buy a brand new car and then spot a 2nd had version across the forecort for £2,000 less , take it , but let the garage keep the £2,000 you saved because they would be £2,000 worse off. No you wouildn''t you would probably think ''well they shouldn''t have offered it for sale on the same place as the brand new one for less mony if they didn''t want someone to buy it''

same principle applies - if the club couldn''t afford to honour the rebate they shouldn''t have offered it - as the meerkat says - Simples!

Here we go again.

I support the club by buying a season ticket.

I paid for my ticket in advance, so will be getting £80 back in August which will probably end up being spent on over-priced beer & food on Match day

I don''t feel ashamed in any way, the refund was offered to me & I accepted it.

We will be watching inferior fooball, so deserve our refund.

If you bought something from a shop & took it back because it was not what you paid for, would you refuse the refund ?

Or would you just say "no thanks, you keep the money"

I''m disgusted with you & your attitude, so please stop your preaching cos I''m not interested.

Ta ta

and what principle is that?   kick the club where it really hurts, in the player budget ...yeah that makes sense. 

Hang your head in shame!

[/quote]

I had started to type a reply to this tedious and ill informed crap but I lost the will to live halfway through...........

WRONG!

The only people that should hang their heads in shame are the players that got us into this division and those that bought them in.

If they had done their jobs properly we would not be in this sorry mess.

Simple!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I thought that you and your family stopped going midway through last season?

[/quote]

We boycotted that''s all, so guess we stopped going.  We held onto our season tickets because we didn''t want people filling our seats, quite a few did that last season and if a few more boycotted then it might have sent a bigger message, such as the evening cup game where CR was not filled.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Whilst I don''t doubt that there are people who claimed it due to financial reasons (although I''m not sure if people would have renewed in the first place if they couldn''t afford it), I think it''s a bit presumptious to think that everyone did - I am in the fortunate position to afford full price but I still claimed it back out of principle (with a ''nice'' letter thrown in for good measure).[/quote]

This is the problem - it is impossible to say why people did or didn''t claim the rebate. 

I wouldn''t doubt that there will be people who did it to have a go at the Board, but how can we say with any certainty whether it was all, many, some, or a few?  With £££ involved, surely that was always going to be a deciding factor for most?

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.[/quote]I''ll give it back to the club if I can be manager.

[quote user="Seat0123"]I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine.

I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know.

Sorry to have troubled you.

[/quote]

there is the quote "disposable income" since I purchased my season ticket for last season at the under 21 price of £150.00. I became hooked and couldn''t face the thought of listening to radio norfolk for the next season so, when I couldn''t really afford it I renewed (at a cost of £366.00) at the first opportunity and thought "i''ll worry about paying for it later" since this all began my disposable income has decreased quite dramatically but I always honor my commitments and have to make sacrifices elsewhere to ensure my monthly direct debis are paid (including one to NCFC) The extra £10 in my bank from august to february will probably be spent either on train fairs to games or on beer and pies in the Bars in the Barclay end.

Imagine a £2mil budget in League One. Well I hope that you tight-fisted rebate claimers are proud of yourselves. No doubt you will be the first to complain when we cannot afford certain targets.

Disgraceful.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Seat0123"]I haven''t posted on here for months but I am compelled to note my disgrace. For the sake of £11 a month between August and February off your direct debit payments we''re £717,603 worse off.I''m disgusted with you. I hope the little point you feel you''ve proved was worth it.I''ve never been so ashamed of fellow "supporters". I feel sick right now.Yes, we can be cynical about the money going straight into the playing budget. Yes we can all feel aggrieved about the situation at the football club. I wish we had a different board/owner in place the same way that I wish we were playing in a different league and I wish that we had Torres up front and Vidic at centre back.We are where we are, and your £11 a month is going to do nothing to help anyone.[/quote]

I think that it is you that should hang your head in shame. How can you assume that everybodies financial situation is the same as yours. £11 a month is a lot of money for some people right now, huge redundancy rates, huge unemployment levels, massively high home repossession and mortgage arrears rates, record high gas and electricity bills, petrol prices on the increase, one in three children in Norfolk living in poverty.

And you have the cheek to generalise about 11,707 people, many of whom are going through a tremendously difficult time, because they dont want to support a club that spent £450k on agents fees in 6 months in 2008 and are paying huge amounts of interest on a £2.5m loan for a piece of land that they cannot sell. My ''£11 a month'' (not an accurate figure for me) is helping to pay my biggest ever gas bill after a year as a student.

Who said that the £11 wont help anyone?  Maybe it is keeping food on somebodies table, maybe it is enabling somebody to continue a direct debit to a charity, maybe it will be a kids pocket money. My local pub needs my rebate money too, nearly every business in the county needs money.

[/quote]If your that hard up thar £11 a month means so much to you, then i''m interested in how you can afford the other £300 the season ticket will cost? People preach that they can''t afford to not claim the rebate, yet can still afford a season ticket, hmmmm.

“One in three waive the right to claim cash” is one way of viewing the numbers.

A more plausible explanation may be that right to claim the rebate was a vote of confidence in the current regime at Carrow Road and the result was that two out three have voted against.

I’m surprised at the numbers, and my impression was the “vocal minority” were just that - a minority. It seems not.

And I’m struggling as to why those who claimed the rebate should hang their heads in shame.

It was a convenient and easy way to show their disapproval at the way NCFC has been run for the last few years without having to resort to protest, boycotts or spending time on message boards.

That opportunity was given to them by NCFC, and they took it.

[quote user="llamaman"]

and what principle is that?   kick the club where it really hurts, in the player budget ...yeah that makes sense. 

Hang your head in shame!

[/quote]

It was Delias £2,500,000 loan last season to buy a piece of worthless land that depleted the budget for last year, and it is the interest payments on that loan which will deplete the transfer budget this season.

Assume a 10% interest rate in the last year = £250,000.   Current balance:- £2,750,000.

Assume a 10% interest rate in the coming year = £275,000.  Oh look people have just about paid the clubs loan interest for the year. Well done to all those that helped the club pay the loan interest for the clubs real estate assets.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Imagine a £2mil budget in League One. Well I hope that you tight-fisted rebate claimers are proud of yourselves. No doubt you will be the first to complain when we cannot afford certain targets.

Disgraceful.

[/quote]

^^^^ THIS MAN HAS NOT EVEN GOT A SEASON TICKET ^^^^^

[quote user="Seat0123"]I will do mate, I don''t fit the character type for this board. I know everyone is entitled to do what they want with their money, I just wish that all our season ticket holders were like me in being blindly optimistic when it comes to spending a disproportionate amount of my disposable income on following norwich. I know that makes me an idiot in many people''s eyes, that''s fine. I don''t have a lot of money, but i''ll give whatever I can whenever I can to the football club because it''s simply more important to me than anything else. And I allow that to take presidence over sound rational financial decisions. Whichi isn''t the Pink-Un board''s way I know. Sorry to have troubled you.[/quote]No trouble at all.   Football is important to all of us but personally I have a 4 year old son and a £156,000 mortgage which are far more important to me.   I give what I can, I have given them a new season ticket holder this year who will, hopefully, continue to have one for a large part of his life.You want to make your point sure, but that post was straight out of the Wizards book of '' How to start a car crash thread''.   If you want to feel superior to me then go for it, I don''t care one little bit.

I wonder how many of the players have embraced the rebate spirit and offered to have their ludicrous salaries reduced by 10% on top of any hit they suffer from any division-related drop that me be imposed?

These wastrels should be the first to cough up.

Major

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Disgraceful.

[/quote]

Imagine 18000+ season ticket holders in league 1

With that support 2mil should not be a problem. MANAGED PROPERLY!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If your that hard up thar £11 a month means so much to you, then i''m interested in how you can afford the other £300 the season ticket will cost? People preach that they can''t afford to not claim the rebate, yet can still afford a season ticket, hmmmm.
[/quote]

I didnt give it back out of principle, but I have ''budgeted'' that £11 towards rising living costs. Just like the club has budgeted the rebates for LSE Loan interest.

Nope.

An 8 hour commute is a tad too much for me now. Plus I am rich too and not feeling the recession.