Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Forthcoming Supporters Groups meeting with the Directors.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.[/quote]Instead of knocking existing supporters groups and their leaders smudger, why don''t you form your own group? There clearly is a lot of dissatisfaction amongst fans simply by the fact that we are in the third division so what''s stopping you? Serious question. [/quote]

To be fair Lappin I think Smudger is hoping that NCISA will be the group to continue to put pressure on the board to help us sort the mess othe club is in, so why start another group from scratch when they have 500 members already.

[/quote]

Exactly CA... [Y]

Like yourself also I may even consider joining the NCISA committee if they will have me and are moving in the direction I believe is in the best interests of the club.

I feel that if I had joined the NCISA committee previously (or even now) then I would be expected to bite my tongue on many issues.

I was critical of NCISA in them acting far too slowly as our club fell apart, but at least over the last couple of months they have been doing everything right and making all the right noises in my opinion.

What happens during the early part of the coming season will ultimately decide whether NCISA is the vehicle we need to board to push through changes that will benefit the majority of City fans.

If they are slow to act yet again or the actions from NCISA are not strong enough as City struggle in the 3rd tier, then maybe it is time for another organisation as Lapp suggests.

Until then keep up the good work NCISA... [:D]

Good to see a constuctive post from you smudger, shows you can do it! [Y] It''s also good to see NCISA have your full support and you didn''t really mean Tilly had to grow some balls. You were only referring to the other groups. [:O]

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.[/quote]Instead of knocking existing supporters groups and their leaders smudger, why don''t you form your own group? There clearly is a lot of dissatisfaction amongst fans simply by the fact that we are in the third division so what''s stopping you? Serious question. [/quote]To be fair Lappin I think Smudger is hoping that NCISA will be the group to continue to put pressure on the board to help us sort the mess othe club is in, so why start another group from scratch when they have 500 members already.[/quote]CA. In smudgers post (which I have quoted) he is accusing ALL the groups of lacking leadership. If NCISA is his preferred vehicle for change does this mean that he is looking to change the leadership of that group? If so, how does Tilly feel about having smudger "on his side"?[/quote]

Not twisting words again are we Lapp?  You do seem to get confused at times on here, maybe one too many [B]''s on a Sunday afternoon???

I have no intention in changing the leadership of NCISA, if that was the case then do you not think I would of asked to go on the committee many months ago or even decided to of joined NCISA earlier than I did?  I hope through the two years or so that I have known Tilly I have had some kind of influence?  If so then I would say that it would be largely due to the stance that I took back then and my view that we would continue to struggle unti Smith & Jones were removed from the club not wavering for one minute.  Also that I have stated over and over again that the only way that we will ever see these changes before Smith & Jones destroy our club completely is through far more direct action.

We have tried nearly everything else yet nothing has changed.

Maybe that mad guy Smudger was right after all hey???

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Good to see a constuctive post from you smudger, shows you can do it! [Y] It''s also good to see NCISA have your full support and you didn''t really mean Tilly had to grow some balls. You were only referring to the other groups. [:O]

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend!

[/quote]

Blimey Lapp, a compliment... are you feeling ok???  I suggest you go and take a lie down... I think that extra [B] on a Sunday afternoon must of gone to your head???

As for Tilly, I am sure that he will tell you that he has never had any complaints from the ladies regarding his balls? [W] [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"]Not twisting words again are we Lapp?[/quote]No Smudger, this is what you wrote..............

"until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls"

No smudger, your never right.

And no i never see you as a LEADER, maybe a also ran, but never a leader. Why ? ...cuz i see you as TO confrentational (spelling ?)

You will get EVERYONES back up. In the end noone will listern to you (just like me now).

You may sound good on this board, and have people falling all over you, (except me) but its not the real world.

It will be a sad state of affares if you go on the committee, cuz i see you trying to take over it in the end.

No matter what you say now

SaD HUH ? I think so.

R.I.P......   NCISA

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="mtv"]

SHUT UP FFS....some of you sit on here and critisise every- bloody- thing. If you ever got of your fat backsides and actually did anything, I think the shock might bloody kill you.

I dont know John Tilson Or Kathy Or anyone of the other activists but what I do know is they give their time and effort for NOTHING! They do it for the love of the club and what do they get back? Most people appreciate their efforts, maybe some dont aggre but still can see that these people are all working for the good of their team. Then their are the armchair critic, you know who I mean, they sit behind their keyboard and nitpick every word, they twist and critisise everything and take every opportunity to make personal jibes. They are mainly motivated by jealousy and envy. Not envious of the position, oh no! They would never have the balls to put themselves in the fireing line (unless they can do it anonymously). But their envy stems from the fact they could never do what John Tilson etc does. They would''nt have the  backbone to stand up and be counted.

During the Worthy out campaign we found these types, always ready to personalise things but never show their faces.Always ready to abuse and sometimes even threaten but never able to take responsibilty.

Like I said at the beginning I dont know any of these people personally but they have my respect and if I disagree with them I would tell them, either on here or face to face, but not in the low life and personal way some of you pathetic people seem to enjoy doing. 

[/quote]

So your mum or dad  is who exactly?

Quite a little tantrum ......

[/quote]

Yep it was a rant but not really at anyone in particular, more at the negative moaning morons who infest message boards and do nothing but try and rip pleople apart in a personal fashion...everyone should be able to take a bit of ribbing but sometimes it goes way over the top. Ofcourse there are individuals who use the club or organisations affiliated to the club to their own ends and quite rightly they are or will be exposed from time to time. But, in general  people help because they are fans and for no other reason.

This club belongs to all of us and should be available to all of us. Right  now it is pretty much a closed shop and the fans are treated like a needed nuisance and that is not good enough. Whether Ncisa is the right vehicle to channel the supporters anger? , I dont know but what I do know is that the people who put the face''s in the limelight do not deserved to be personaly trashed for doing so. If you disagree with them or their policy, fine. But say things on here that you would not dream of saying to their face......jealousy is a very ugly emotion. 

As someone who is a member of the Capital Canaries and has been a member of the Northern''s as well (NCISA - also for that matter) I think a lot of you do not understand why these organisations exist.  They exist mainly to get members to and from games as cheaply as possible.  The Capitals over the years have tried to organise many social events etc, but the attandances have always been very low, unless they are based around a game.  The membership in the Capitals ranges from 8 - 92 years old and contains a wide range of views within it. Therefore very tricky to release statements etc as not all the membership will agree, but they do not exist to "rally the troops".

In answer to the OP''s question as to why the groups have not been responding I am afraid I do not know why that is, but most are pretty small in size anyway.  The Caps has about 300 members of which maybe 75 are active, the Northerns membership numbers were well below 100 last I heard and the rest below 50 I would guess.  Hardly huge in size.

When it comes to representing the fans views etc, like it or lump it, but NCISA has to be the main player.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="LQ"]Surely someone at the club would know who''s been invited though, and could tell you? I wasn''t asking where you got your email from.

I''ll stop trying to be decent and helpful now.

[/quote]

Lisa what i was saying is that it is being organised by MWJ and not the Club hence the e-mail not originating from an office at Carrow Road.Had that have been the case i would not be asking if anybody knows who received an invite because my e-mail had no indication who had received copies.Thanks though for your input.

[/quote]

Why can''t you just email them back and ASK who has been invited?

Obviously they have zero reason NOT to tell you who has been invited.

LQ is actually trying to HELP you.

[/quote]

Just a progress report.The Club Secretary Kevan Platt and the head of media Joe Ferrari have no idea who has been invited as they were not involved in the process.Without naming the personalities involved i have so far found out that one prominent group were unaware of the meeting and one who had had an invite did not know that the date was being changed.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

i see you as TO confrentational (spelling ?)

[/quote]It''s ''t'' double ''o'' ''too''. You spelled confrontational incorrectly too but one step at a time eh?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="bloodwagon"]i see you as TO confrentational (spelling ?)[/quote]It''s ''t'' double ''o'' ''too''. You spelled confrontational incorrectly too but one step at a time eh?[/quote]As you''ve started, you may as well go the whole hog BH. Tell him a sentence starts with a capital and ends with a full stop. Then add "THICKO". Job jobbed![;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="LQ"]Surely someone at the club would know who''s been invited though, and could tell you? I wasn''t asking where you got your email from.

I''ll stop trying to be decent and helpful now.

[/quote]

Lisa what i was saying is that it is being organised by MWJ and not the Club hence the e-mail not originating from an office at Carrow Road.Had that have been the case i would not be asking if anybody knows who received an invite because my e-mail had no indication who had received copies.Thanks though for your input.

[/quote]

Why can''t you just email them back and ASK who has been invited?

Obviously they have zero reason NOT to tell you who has been invited.

LQ is actually trying to HELP you.

[/quote]

Just a progress report.The Club Secretary Kevan Platt and the head of media Joe Ferrari have no idea who has been invited as they were not involved in the process.Without naming the personalities involved i have so far found out that one prominent group were unaware of the meeting and one who had had an invite did not know that the date was being changed.

[/quote]

Why would you contact people NOT involved in the process?

Wouldn''t it make more sense to contact the people who ARE involved in the process! (i. e. the people who contacted you to arrange the meeting!)

At least now you know where all the phone numbers and addresses are you will make some progress in getting all the groups together and.............. maybe even representing the views of those groups who cannot attend.

[quote user="Ren"]

As someone who is a member of the Capital Canaries and has been a member of the Northern''s as well (NCISA - also for that matter) I think a lot of you do not understand why these organisations exist.  They exist mainly to get members to and from games as cheaply as possible.  The Capitals over the years have tried to organise many social events etc, but the attandances have always been very low, unless they are based around a game.  The membership in the Capitals ranges from 8 - 92 years old and contains a wide range of views within it. Therefore very tricky to release statements etc as not all the membership will agree, but they do not exist to "rally the troops".

In answer to the OP''s question as to why the groups have not been responding I am afraid I do not know why that is, but most are pretty small in size anyway.  The Caps has about 300 members of which maybe 75 are active, the Northerns membership numbers were well below 100 last I heard and the rest below 50 I would guess.  Hardly huge in size.

When it comes to representing the fans views etc, like it or lump it, but NCISA has to be the main player.

[/quote]

Ren, this is exactly the kind of attitude at Capital Canaries which has highlighted criticism in their actions recently.

NCISA only has 500+ members, who have a wide ranging set of opinions on issues at Carrow Road (or they certainly did until recently).

The Capital Canaries are the next biggest fan group after NCISA and unless they are happy to witness our club fall even further still should be canvassing their members for opinions.

I guess given what you have said about them (being that they are only a group of fans up for arranging travel and a jolly good day out despite the result) ,only 75 being active out of 300 shows many of this groups feelings at this moment in time?

[quote user="astrodyne"]For goodness sake NCISA - don''t bite. It will get bored eventually and crawl back to its hole.
[/quote]

I believe NCISA are doing the right thing in finding some teeth and reacting to criticism ASTRO.

For far too long they and everybody else connected with the club have been TOO NICE and we have all seen where that has got us haven''t we??? [:D]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Why would you contact people NOT involved in the process?

Wouldn''t it make more sense to contact the people who ARE involved in the process! (i. e. the people who contacted you to arrange the meeting!)

At least now you know where all the phone numbers and addresses are you will make some progress in getting all the groups together and.............. maybe even representing the views of those groups who cannot attend.

[/quote]

For goodness sake ( being polite)  is there something wrong with your brain that stops you being logical as far as anything ncisa is concerned?

Tilly gets an email from the club inviting ncisa to a meeting, he picks up the phone to contact the club secretary who presumeably sent the email to find out who else had been invited so he could contact them to arrange a meeting before the club meeting ( hope you''re still with me usa canary) He''s told that they don''t know who else is involved in the process so whats Tilly supposed to do next??

[quote user="Smudger"]only 75 being active out of 300 shows many of this groups feelings at this moment in time?[/quote]That''s pretty consistant with NCISA smudger (25%). If you recall, out of 400 questionaires sent out, 100 were returned (25%).

If you compare the St Andrews turnout (500 ot of 25,000) then Capital Canaries are VERY active.

I''m afraid your sums leave a lot to be desired as do your "solutions".

[quote user="lappinitup"]

If you compare the St Andrews turnout (500 ot of 25,000) then Capital Canaries are VERY active.[/quote]

NCISA haven''t got 25,000 members Lappin ????????

Why did you turn up at St Andrews Hall though Lapp?

That is the question.

If you disagrred with everything that was said there then why did you not speak up against it??? [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

That is the question.

If you disagrred with everything that was said there then why did you not speak up against it??? [:^)]

[/quote]Completely derailed the topic again smudger. You implied that the Capital Canaries were complacent at the very least and I pointed out that they had as many active members as NCISA (25%). Maybe their views differ from that of NCISA  but surely that is their choice.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

That is the question.

[/quote]Completely derailed the topic again smudger. You implied that the Capital Canaries were complacent at the very least and I pointed out that they had as many active members as NCISA (25%). Maybe their views differ from that of NCISA  but surely that is their choice.[/quote]

I think it is you who have chosen to take the topic off the rails Lapp.

It is exactly what I stated myself, that Cpaital Canaries seem to have exactly the same kind of set up as NCISA, with fans from all walks of life with many views.  Where they appear to differ however is that while NCISA would like to see an improvement in the football Capital Canaries do not even care enough to pass comment on or do anything about the current state of affairs at Carrow Road.

You may also wish to comment on what I said to ASTRO (below)???

I believe NCISA are doing the right thing in finding some teeth and reacting to criticism ASTRO.

For far too long they and everybody else connected with the club have been TOO NICE and we have all seen where that has got us haven''t we??? Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]You may also wish to comment on what I said to ASTRO (below)???

For far too long they and everybody else connected with the club have been TOO NICE and we have all seen where that has got us haven''t we?[/quote]All too happy to oblige old chap. I was completely behind the St Andewrs hall meeting as it sent a very strong message to the board and I think they got that message as events have shown since then.

However, I think that NCISA find themselves in a somewhat precarious position at this time. If the signings are seen to be poor and the team struggle early on as you predict, then NCISA will become even stronger as a political force BUT, if we start off well and Gunn is seen as having made some shrewd signings and Foulger attracts some cash into the club, then I think NCISA will revert to being a social organisation once again.

If you start badmouthing Tilly once again it''ll be a sure sign that things are improving so............

C''mon you yellows! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]It was open to ALL fans CA. [;)][/quote]

I thought you were comparing active members percentages Lappin, so if ncisa have about 450 paid up members and 300 of their members turned up at St Andrews Hall and didn''t have to pay to get in then surely they had an active membership of 66% that night ??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"]It was open to ALL fans CA. [;)][/quote]I thought you were comparing active members percentages Lappin, so if ncisa have about 450 paid up members and 300 of their members turned up at St Andrews Hall and didn''t have to pay to get in then surely they had an active membership of 66% that night ??[/quote]Now how can I answer that for goodness sake CA, could you tell by looking if people were NCISA members or not and if so, what did they look like? The bloke on my left had an extremely dodgy look about him so I reckon he was one and the people sat behind clapped everything that was said so I reckon they could have been as well. Perhaps someone took DNA samples from our seats after we left to come up with that figure. Or was it just a guess? [;)][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"]It was open to ALL fans CA. [;)][/quote]I thought you were comparing active members percentages Lappin, so if ncisa have about 450 paid up members and 300 of their members turned up at St Andrews Hall and didn''t have to pay to get in then surely they had an active membership of 66% that night ??[/quote]Now how can I answer that for goodness sake CA, could you tell by looking if people were NCISA members or not and if so, what did they look like? The bloke on my left had an extremely dodgy look about him so I reckon he was one and the people sat behind clapped everything that was said so I reckon they could have been as well. Perhaps someone took DNA samples from our seats after we left to come up with that figure. Or was it just a guess? [;)][:D][/quote]

The NCISA members didn''t have to pay Lappin we just flashed our membership cards, £2 was collected from non members, think you''ll find there was a count on the door of who paid and who didn''t so they had a rough idea of figures [:D]

Ren’s post summed up perfectly the reasons as to why the Caps have a strong membership, and their reason for being. I’m the home travel officer and we get 50+ most on weeks where there are no engineering works on the line between London and Norwich. It’s a great chance to have a social day out with a bunch of other City fans, the majority of which may well not have met each other had it not have been for the home and away travel. We’ve got a great crowd of loyal City fans, some strong friendships have been made and in a couple of cases maybe a little more.

Getting the Saturday morning train is like being in the pub from 11.00am!

As Ren said, there are plenty of different views on the state of the nation that is NCFC, so it’s impossible to make a “house” statement or a view on a particular issue, and to be honest I don’t really want us to. I’ve no idea of all of the names on the PinkUn or on WotB about who is pro or anti or on the fence within the Caps. Everyone’s entitled to their view however good or ill-informed it may be.

I can’t stop cheap shots being made at the Caps, talk is free on a message board, but I thought I’d at least try to give my point of view as a London supporter. I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend hours on here “debating” with other City fans about who can respond the most, shout the loudest or have the best inside info on what’s going on at Carrow Road. It’s not my thing and to be honest I have far more interesting things to do with my life.

So that’s why we are (according to me) – you may get a different view from another London based City fan, if so that’s free speech and debate and all well and good. But when the view is different to your own, just remember that we are all entitled to an opinion which may not be the same as yours. That’s life.

Cheers

Tim

Thats exactly what I was going to say Tim. From the previous post about capital canaries, it is plain they are not a protest group or a group of ativists. more a group of supporters who have formed together for a good day out.

Ncisa was formed for completely different reasons and have been a pressure group since the start. There is no reason why any member of capital canaries who wants to get actively involved cant be a member of both groups.

[quote user="cityangel"]The NCISA members didn''t have to pay Lappin we just flashed our membership cards, £2 was collected from non members, think you''ll find there was a count on the door of who paid and who didn''t so they had a rough idea of figures [:D][/quote]Doh!! And there was me worrying all night as to whether I''d farted and Tilly would get a good DNA sample or if he had to rely on fingerprints.[:$]