Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Forthcoming Supporters Groups meeting with the Directors.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="DGC"]Mr Tilson,

I don''t know you, i know of you, i was at St. Andrews etc. May i be so cheeky as to point something out a little personal?

You ARE, despite your protests otherwise, very very sensitive, defensive and quick to fire, and much of the time unecessarily so.

You, also, controversial this bit, are in danger of losing any effectiveness as a head figure within NCISA due to your bickering on here and the such like. Roy Blower, was a little fuddy duddy granted but he did create a little edge and thus a level of seniority in some way simply by keeping his head down a little. Hard to explain, perhaps somebody on here will get me and be able to explain better.

Don''t, please be offended, i''m merely seeing NCISA''s credibility being dragged down a little under your stewardship and thought someone ought to point out maybe why!

Sorry
[/quote]

O.K. but me a sensitive person i think not.The trouble is that a few individuals on here continually have a "pop" at NCISA and myself but by "keeping your head down" you are then accused of failing to answer questions asked of you.

This thread is a prime example of what i am on about.I post something that i thought would be of interest to the fans and a certain somebody jumps in with two posts full of sarcasm which is totally unwarranted .

I stand for election at our AGM and hey democracy rules which i do not have a problem with.

As Butler said once to me whatever you say or do you are damned if you do and damned if you don''t.I think part of the problem is that most people are aware of who TIL 1010 is so when i post it is immediately associated with NCISA.My identity is not an issue with me but that is certainly not the case with a few posters so it makes me an easy target i suppose.

No need to be sorry about what you posted.

[/quote]
But surely did you not think when standing to be elected that this would be the case, and surely should you not , as one in a position of prominence, be above childish retort, people do not know who usa is or most any one of us but we all know you and you ought to be able to defend your position better than to resort to playground stuff, your posts and your posts alone dissuade me from being part of the NCISA which can''t be good
[/quote]

oh well I am sure that Tilly and NCISA will both be able to live with it... [:$]

Would it not be best for all the various supporters group to join forces.  Surely that would create a far more powerful independant body that could potentially have some real clout.

And I love all the bickering.  Really constructive.....

Intrigued by the retort ''all mouth and no action'' as if attending the odd meeting, posting on here, accosting MWJ, constitute effective ACTION. Hardly. The point is this meeting sounds positive, and all I hope that some good comes of it. Many of us, especially those exiled fans, have little time to spend on ''direct action''. Hence our tendency of coming on this board to check out the news and opinions''s. I welcome radical free thinking, and any constructive criticism of the current structure, but I rarely read (with some exceptions) comments of such calibre on this board.    

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Would it not be best for all the various supporters group to join forces.  Surely that would create a far more powerful independant body that could potentially have some real clout.

[/quote]

Of course it would..................... but egos are the problem here.

I personally don''t believe ANY of the major groups want to work with each other.

Until a professional leader comes to the fray to represent ALL the groups they will never be taken seriously.

You need a leader who can negotiate dimplomatically and professionally.

Somone who can organize all the various groups shares into one entity and raise aditional money to have a directorship on the board.

You have to have a leader who the fans respect and will take seriously. They will back that person with cold hard cash.

THATS how you change things. 

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

I personally don''t believe ANY of the major groups want to work with each other.

Until a professional leader comes to the fray to represent ALL the groups they will never be taken seriously.

Somone who can organize all the various groups shares into one entity and raise aditional money to have a directorship on the board.

You have to have a leader who the fans respect and will take seriously. They will back that person with cold hard cash.

[/quote]

and unless you find such a person we''re stuck with what we have, NCISA who are trying hard to change their image and listen to the fans, The Trust who are only interested in getting someone on the board, The Kitty who promised to raise millions but haven''t and various other groups who don''t want to get involved in anything but niceties.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and unless you find such a person we''re stuck with what we have, NCISA who are trying hard to change their image and listen to the fans, The Trust who are only interested in getting someone on the board, The Kitty who promised to raise millions but haven''t and various other groups who don''t want to get involved in anything but niceties.

[/quote]

How hard is it to for one of the leaders to pick up the telephone and say "lets get together for an informal chat" 

I am not just picking on NCISA, all the groups from what I am seeing are equally as bad.

If the groups want more support (in terms of money and number of supportsers) they have to earn the respect of the fans by behaving in a professional manner.

CA, I do think its ironic that in your reply you can''t resist having a dig at other supporters groups.

Until this childish "tit for tat" stops you will continue to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

CA, I do think its ironic that in your reply you can''t resist having a dig at other supporters groups.

Until this childish "tit for tat" stops you will continue to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

[/quote]

Don''t have a go at me, I''m agreeing with you on this one [:)]and it  wasn''t so much as a dig it was more of a fact. Like you I wish that all the groups would unite under one big umbrella to give us a bigger voice, but I think as was proved at the meeting at St Andrews Hall thats not going to happen. We have lots of branches of supporters groups around the UK but I''m told they are run as a more of a social group to travel to games together rather than wanting to get involved in the politics of the club.

P.S. USAcanary, Why don''t you email the Trust with your suggestion, bet you don''t get a reply!

Sorry, very rude of me, but yes we did receive the invite however I did not know the date had been changed.Now comes the difficult part as to deciding democratically who should attend on behalf of the trust.

As I don''t post on here regularly a response to a few threads.

The Trust has aims as laid down by Supporters Direct - check out their website.

I referred to the way Arsenal ST and Arsenal ISA operate in tandem when I spoke at St Andrews Hall (maybe it was just boring)

Egos, we all know who has and who hasn''t within our own ranks.

For those who decry the idea of a fan Director have a look at the Swansea Trust website.

[quote user="cityangel"]P.S. USAcanary, Why don''t you email the Trust with your suggestion, bet you don''t get a reply! [/quote]

How old are you, seriously?

This is pure childish back and forth.

What next............"naaaaa naaaaa na naaaaa naaaaa" "My dads bigger than your dad"

Untill everyone connected to the groups stops this drivel you won''t get anywhere............

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]Sorry, very rude of me, but yes we did receive the invite however I did not know the date had been changed.Now comes the difficult part as to deciding democratically who should attend on behalf of the trust. As I don''t post on here regularly a response to a few threads. The Trust has aims as laid down by Supporters Direct - check out their website. I referred to the way Arsenal ST and Arsenal ISA operate in tandem when I spoke at St Andrews Hall (maybe it was just boring) Egos, we all know who has and who hasn''t within our own ranks. For those who decry the idea of a fan Director have a look at the Swansea Trust website.[/quote]

Yeh, that would be ALL OF YOU.

How about you stop the BS and just pick up the phone and get together.

I have my doubts that many of these groups REALLY care about NCFC.

If they did they would put all the egos and petty bickering aside and work for the common goal of improving NCFC and giving the supporters a real voice.

Part of that "improvement" could well be a genuine place on the board.

Untill ALL of you realize that your best chance of CHANGE is from within you will continue to be ineffectice and irrelevant.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]Sorry, very rude of me, but yes we did receive the invite however I did not know the date had been changed.Now comes the difficult part as to deciding democratically who should attend on behalf of the trust. As I don''t post on here regularly a response to a few threads. The Trust has aims as laid down by Supporters Direct - check out their website. I referred to the way Arsenal ST and Arsenal ISA operate in tandem when I spoke at St Andrews Hall (maybe it was just boring) Egos, we all know who has and who hasn''t within our own ranks. For those who decry the idea of a fan Director have a look at the Swansea Trust website.[/quote]

Yeh, that would be ALL OF YOU.

How about you stop the BS and just pick up the phone and get together.

I have my doubts that many of these groups REALLY care about NCFC.

If they did they would put all the egos and petty bickering aside and work for the common goal of improving NCFC and giving the supporters a real voice.

Part of that "improvement" could well be a genuine place on the board.

Untill ALL of you realize that your best chance of CHANGE is from within you will continue to be ineffectice and irrelevant.

[/quote]Will any of the American supporters groups be contributing input to this suggested pre-meeting pooling of concerns and ideas?

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]One thing i will promise, the Trust always replies to e-mails (unless I have a senior moment!!)[/quote]

You didn''t reply to mine [:)] Whilst you''re here though could you reply to my post on the NCISA/Trust/Kitty thread which I''ll bump up to the top for you.

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]One thing i will promise, the Trust always replies to e-mails (unless I have a senior moment!!)[/quote]

Then you must have Neil Doncaster on staff.

I''m afraid the minute you delegate your "standpoint" to any such organisation you may as well not have bothered. Paper pushers doing it for nothing speaks volumes about the mentality of those who do it.

No offence to anyone meant.... but get a bleedin'' life and worry about what really matters in this world.... or at least something where you stand a chance of being credible.

SHUT UP FFS....some of you sit on here and critisise every- bloody- thing. If you ever got of your fat backsides and actually did anything, I think the shock might bloody kill you.

I dont know John Tilson Or Kathy Or anyone of the other activists but what I do know is they give their time and effort for NOTHING! They do it for the love of the club and what do they get back? Most people appreciate their efforts, maybe some dont aggre but still can see that these people are all working for the good of their team. Then their are the armchair critic, you know who I mean, they sit behind their keyboard and nitpick every word, they twist and critisise everything and take every opportunity to make personal jibes. They are mainly motivated by jealousy and envy. Not envious of the position, oh no! They would never have the balls to put themselves in the fireing line (unless they can do it anonymously). But their envy stems from the fact they could never do what John Tilson etc does. They would''nt have the  backbone to stand up and be counted.

During the Worthy out campaign we found these types, always ready to personalise things but never show their faces.Always ready to abuse and sometimes even threaten but never able to take responsibilty.

Like I said at the beginning I dont know any of these people personally but they have my respect and if I disagree with them I would tell them, either on here or face to face, but not in the low life and personal way some of you pathetic people seem to enjoy doing. 

[quote user="mtv"]

SHUT UP FFS....some of you sit on here and critisise every- bloody- thing. If you ever got of your fat backsides and actually did anything, I think the shock might bloody kill you.[/quote]

Quite agree, people are brave behind their keyboards telling everyone else what to do but not wanting to do anything themselves

[quote user="mtv"]I dont know John Tilson Or Kathy Or anyone of the other activists but what I do know is they give their time and effort for NOTHING! They do it for the love of the club and what do they get back? Most people appreciate their efforts, maybe some dont aggre but still can see that these people are all working for the good of their team.[/quote]

I don''t understand why they get so much stick either, as you say they love the club, give up their free time and all do their best

[quote user="mtv"]Then their are the armchair critic, you know who I mean, they sit behind their keyboard and nitpick every word, they twist and critisise everything and take every opportunity to make personal jibes. They are mainly motivated by jealousy and envy. Not envious of the position, oh no! They would never have the balls to put themselves in the fireing line (unless they can do it anonymously). But their envy stems from the fact they could never do what John Tilson etc does. They would''nt have the  backbone to stand up and be counted. [/quote]

Yes its easy to come up with ideas hiding behind a keyboard but its not so easy to have the balls to get more involved and put yourselves in the firing line as Tilly does on numerous occasions. Yes he''s not everyone''s cup of tea but if you don''t like his direct style then stand against him at the next AGM and see if you can do better.

Thank you Mr Tilson for this thread. At least fans now know that the club is ready to meet with supporters.It is clearly in everyone''s interest that communication between fans and fans and club takes place.On the ball City.

oh dear, just like Mr Doncaster... all bull and no action... [:$]

Not boring, but more of a pipe dream that you have no chance of achieving anything with until the majority shareholding is taken away from Smith & Jones.

The Trust with the comments it has made recently still seems to foolishly believe that it can have a fan that sits on our current board of directors who will actually be listened to?  [:$]

[quote user="corbs"]Intrigued by the retort ''all mouth and no action'' as if attending the odd meeting, posting on here, accosting MWJ, constitute effective ACTION. Hardly. The point is this meeting sounds positive, and all I hope that some good comes of it. Many of us, especially those exiled fans, have little time to spend on ''direct action''. Hence our tendency of coming on this board to check out the news and opinions''s. I welcome radical free thinking, and any constructive criticism of the current structure, but I rarely read (with some exceptions) comments of such calibre on this board.    [/quote]

and what exactly do you think will be the outcome of this meeting exactly?  what will be achieved?

I believe that NCISA have already embarassingly been asked by board members for their ideas on taking things forward.

The majority of NCISA members and committee members have one message these days for our remaining board members I feel and I am afraid that it probably doesn''t go much further than "there is the door, please use it!"

[quote user="mtv"]

SHUT UP FFS....some of you sit on here and critisise every- bloody- thing. If you ever got of your fat backsides and actually did anything, I think the shock might bloody kill you.

I dont know John Tilson Or Kathy Or anyone of the other activists but what I do know is they give their time and effort for NOTHING! They do it for the love of the club and what do they get back? Most people appreciate their efforts, maybe some dont aggre but still can see that these people are all working for the good of their team. Then their are the armchair critic, you know who I mean, they sit behind their keyboard and nitpick every word, they twist and critisise everything and take every opportunity to make personal jibes. They are mainly motivated by jealousy and envy. Not envious of the position, oh no! They would never have the balls to put themselves in the fireing line (unless they can do it anonymously). But their envy stems from the fact they could never do what John Tilson etc does. They would''nt have the  backbone to stand up and be counted.

During the Worthy out campaign we found these types, always ready to personalise things but never show their faces.Always ready to abuse and sometimes even threaten but never able to take responsibilty.

Like I said at the beginning I dont know any of these people personally but they have my respect and if I disagree with them I would tell them, either on here or face to face, but not in the low life and personal way some of you pathetic people seem to enjoy doing. 

[/quote]

So your mum or dad  is who exactly?

Quite a little tantrum ......

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="cityangel"]P.S. USAcanary, Why don''t you email the Trust with your suggestion, bet you don''t get a reply! [/quote]

How old are you, seriously?

This is pure childish back and forth.

What next............"naaaaa naaaaa na naaaaa naaaaa" "My dads bigger than your dad"

Untill everyone connected to the groups stops this drivel you won''t get anywhere............

[/quote]

As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.

Haven''t the fans realised that the club is sick and not likely to get better with one ''BIG LOVE IN'' yet???  [U]

[quote user="cityangel"]

You didn''t reply to mine [:)] Whilst you''re here though could you reply to my post on the NCISA/Trust/Kitty thread which I''ll bump up to the top for you.

[/quote]

YES and my posts on the same thread please.

[quote user="Smudger"]As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.[/quote]Instead of knocking existing supporters groups and their leaders smudger, why don''t you form your own group? There clearly is a lot of dissatisfaction amongst fans simply by the fact that we are in the third division so what''s stopping you? Serious question. 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.[/quote]Instead of knocking existing supporters groups and their leaders smudger, why don''t you form your own group? There clearly is a lot of dissatisfaction amongst fans simply by the fact that we are in the third division so what''s stopping you? Serious question. [/quote]

To be fair Lappin I think Smudger is hoping that NCISA will be the group to continue to put pressure on the board to help us sort the mess othe club is in, so why start another group from scratch when they have 500 members already.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.[/quote]Instead of knocking existing supporters groups and their leaders smudger, why don''t you form your own group? There clearly is a lot of dissatisfaction amongst fans simply by the fact that we are in the third division so what''s stopping you? Serious question. [/quote]To be fair Lappin I think Smudger is hoping that NCISA will be the group to continue to put pressure on the board to help us sort the mess othe club is in, so why start another group from scratch when they have 500 members already.[/quote]CA. In smudgers post (which I have quoted) he is accusing ALL the groups of lacking leadership. If NCISA is his preferred vehicle for change does this mean that he is looking to change the leadership of that group? If so, how does Tilly feel about having smudger "on his side"?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]As the last 4 years have proven, until just one of the groups has a leader who shows some balls with or without having any of the other groups on board we will not achieve anything.[/quote]Instead of knocking existing supporters groups and their leaders smudger, why don''t you form your own group? There clearly is a lot of dissatisfaction amongst fans simply by the fact that we are in the third division so what''s stopping you? Serious question. [/quote]

We have too many already Lapp.

I have been told many times on here also that people would not back an organisation run by me (too many liking the nicey nicey approach that has seen us fall to our lowest ebb in 50 years).

I believe that NCISA are doing an excellent job at the moment and they have my full support for as long as they stay strong.

I believe that I can have more of an impact not sitting on a committee as they would only attempt to make me hold my tongue and stifle debate.  If I was to sit on such a committee then I would hope that Freedom of Speech would be forthcoming.... eg: why do we only see Tilly''s views in the press or the views of the NCISA committee as a whole after taking a vote?  There are many members on the committee, each with their own views and I believe it would be a big step forwards for Archant and other local media sources to be requesting direct quotes from all of these people when the club is in such a mess.

Just because I agree with the way that NCISA have acted over the summer months does not mean that I should go and join the committee and have one BIG LOVE IN with them though.  My views have been taken on board by them and I am happy with the decisions the NCISA committee have made over the last couple of months.  It is however action that is long overdue and I still have my doubts over whether or not they will show the mental strength required following their meeting with the club officials and during the early part of next season should this promotion push not look like materialising.

I hope we do not hear, lets give it til Christmas blah, blah, blah as we have in recent years.

I would like as suggested by The Butler for them to draw up a plan of action saying this is what happens if we are at ''X'' place in the league by end of September, October, November, December, January etx.

This should in my view be drawn up prior to them meeting the Board members and issued to them then.

I realise this is difficult however and needs to be continually reviewed.