Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Leon Legge Bid Accepted

This would suggest that Spillane could be plying mainly at Right back next season then.

Sure this signing will be slated no end though as nobody is bound to have heard of him.

[quote user="Lambo"]

This would suggest that Spillane could be plying mainly at Right back next season then.

Sure this signing will be slated no end though as nobody is bound to have heard of him.

[/quote]ooh ooh !  Slating !  Let me start !Tonbridge Angels, sounds like a ladies team to me.Ok, your turn !

More here from Kentish football -

TONBRIDGE ANGELS have this afternoon accepted an offer from an unnamed Coca-Cola League One side for big and powerful central defender Leon Legge, writes Stephen McCartney.

The 23-year-old was withdrawn from the final part of Tonbridge’s opening pre-season training session yesterday, as manager Tommy Warrilow insisted afterwards that “he will probably be gone by next week.”

Although the cash-strapped Ryman Premier League club are keeping the identity of the interested League club secret, Warrilow speaking to www.kentishfootball.co.uk  back in January 2009, said that the big central defender was destined to turn a professional.

“I think he will go into the League,” Warrilow said at the time.  “It’s just a matter of when, but he has to go for the right reasons, for Leon as well.

“I just don’t want him to go to a club for the sake of making the numbers up.  I want him to go to a club where he’s got a genuine chance to get in the first team and push on.”

He added: “If a club came in for Leon, I’d never stop the lad progressing into the Football League.  Obviously it’s got to be right for both parties.”

Warrilow, whose budget has been reduced this season following the shock resignations of Nick Sullivan and Garry Pass (the club’s chairman and vice-chairman respectively) last month, has admitted he must transfer listed Legge and striker Carl Rook to bring in extra funds to enable him to add to his threadbare squad.

But club secretary, Charlie Cole, revealed this afternoon that the Angels have accepted a bid for the contracted former Lewes man.

He said: “We have received an offer from a Division One team for Leon Legge, and the financial terms are acceptable to the club.

“This offer is of course subject to Leon receiving a satisfactory medical report from that club’s doctors, and the club agreeing terms with Leon.”

Warrilow was seen having a five-minute one-on-one discussion with Legge, whilst the rest of the squad started a kick-about during yesterday''s two hour work-out beside Longmead Stadium.

“Leon will probably be gone by next week, that’s why I pulled him out of the game at the end,” the boss said yesterday.

I thought Spillane will be playing right back next season anyway. Unless we bring in anyone else. We could do, however, with another left back.

Surprised if this is us. Looking at the club as it is, I think we have other areas in greater need of reinforcements than our central defence right now.

Ahhhhhhhh Tonbridge Angels, I was a Tonbridge Angel playing roller hockey, such great memories.

And the Angels name in case anyone is interested is after the sports hall in Tonbridge.

*Loan City FC moment*This is where everybody loves the no ambition signing and say he''s another diamond in the rough like Cody who hasn''t proven himself yet either.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] No doubt someone on here will have a friend who just happens to know him and thinks he is brilliant.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] No doubt someone on here will have a friend who just happens to know him and thinks he is brilliant.
[/quote]

ha always happens

Loan City Fc, you are a Wiz wannabe! A rumour & a very vague one at that surfaces linking us to a non league defender & all of a sudden its all doom & gloom, a lack of ambition! Has anyone from the club even mentioned his name? No & I doubt we''re even in for him!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]The Chirp will be along later to tell us all what a star this player is , nice to see us targetting the class to get us out of this league lmfao .[/quote]know nothing about him actually. I''ve made a real impression on you haven''t I! All this attention you''re giving me Loan City I''m starting to wonder if you''re a female? If so I am sorry to say I already have a girlfriend but thanks anyway. :-)

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]The Chirp will be along later to tell us all what a star this player is , nice to see us targetting the class to get us out of this league lmfao .
[/quote]

I''m actually quite hurt and betrayed you''ve not picked me, Loan City. I thought our special relationship was blossoming!

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

Well going by the pic it looks just like this dude I used to work in a call centre with back in the day.  But that guy was called Andre so probably not.

I dont know anything about him either but...

I know im going to get slated for saying this but for what reason, if the price is right, would this not be a good signing? Yeah ok so he''s not Vidic but were in league 1 now. We are likely to be picking up players from lower leagues/non-league. We have no choice. And if hes good enough then why shouldnt we give him a go?

Sick-note Stefanovich will not last the season, but we also have that Hartlepool lad and Spillane.

Legge is probably one for the future. A year in the reserves beckons methinks.

I would be curious to know what sort of wages Stefanovic will be on and would it be worth it.  His experience however could be valuable.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Signed for Brentford.[/quote]LOLAnother self inflicted phantom crisis Sack the board