Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Ambition

Imo the players signed so far are not good enough if we want promotion, money spent now would be a saving later, we are not asking to bust the bank but a little speculate to accumulate mentality would be nice and give a sign to others we are going to give it a go, i fear a few years in the lower leagues are being prepared for.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Imo the players signed so far are not good enough if we want promotion, money spent now would be a saving later, we are not asking to bust the bank but a little speculate to accumulate mentality would be nice and give a sign to others we are going to give it a go, i fear a few years in the lower leagues are being prepared for.[/quote]

How about we let the transfer window open for more than a few minutes...............................

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Imo the players signed so far are not good enough if we want promotion, money spent now would be a saving later, we are not asking to bust the bank but a little speculate to accumulate mentality would be nice and give a sign to others we are going to give it a go, i fear a few years in the lower leagues are being prepared for.[/quote]

How about we let the transfer window open for more than a few minutes...............................

[/quote]

USA...You know as well as i do, people are in a hurry and want it yesterday. Have you noticed there always the same people ?

No matter who we get, they will still moan that there not good enough.

Me ? Ill wait and see how the team shape up, as i`ll be over in uk for about two months in late August, so yes i`ll be seeing city as many times as i can. Then i`ll decide how we are going, and how the teams doing.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

This is nothing short of hilarious...............

The same people who were all behind Gunn having less money in the 1st team budget are now complaining we arn''t buying expensive players.........

[/quote]

It is not the fans job to pay for a team capable of challenging for a promotion place in this rubbish league.

It is the directors who are responsible for dragging us to such depths.

Unless of course you feel guilty for backing them?  If you feel these are the people to get us out of this mess then how much would you like to put towards a bid for Rickie Lambert so Fougler & Co can match it?

This is exactly why two thirds of season ticket holders claimed their rebates.   Maybe if it had come with Delia and Wynn Jones also backing what the fans put in and allowing them to have a say in exactly who the money was spent on then fans would of felt more obliged to help?

Oh silly me, no they wouldn''t because they don''t trust the board and never will again either.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

USA...You know as well as i do, people are in a hurry and want it yesterday. Have you noticed there always the same people ?

Me ? Ill wait and see how the team shape up, as i`ll be over in uk for about two months in late August, so yes i`ll be seeing city as many times as i can. Then i`ll decide how we are going, and how the teams doing.

[/quote]

You would not here me complaining if they signed Lambert.

I think you are talking out of your backside! [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You would not here me complaining if they signed Lambert.

I think you are talking out of your backside! [:$]

[/quote]

So your telling me if we signed labert you wouldnt complain ?   Sorry i dont believe you, you would complain if it was weds today, wait, it IS weds today

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"]

This is nothing short of hilarious...............

The same people who were all behind Gunn having less money in the 1st team budget are now complaining we arn''t buying expensive players.........

[/quote]

It is not the fans job to pay for a team capable of challenging for a promotion place in this rubbish league.

It is the directors who are responsible for dragging us to such depths.

Unless of course you feel guilty for backing them?  If you feel these are the people to get us out of this mess then how much would you like to put towards a bid for Rickie Lambert so Fougler & Co can match it?

This is exactly why two thirds of season ticket holders claimed their rebates.   Maybe if it had come with Delia and Wynn Jones also backing what the fans put in and allowing them to have a say in exactly who the money was spent on then fans would of felt more obliged to help?

Oh silly me, no they wouldn''t because they don''t trust the board and never will again either.

[/quote]

Make up you mind Smudger..............

One minute you want the board to leave................. now you want them to stay (and pay) for Ricardo Lambert............

BTW........ WTF are you doing up at this hour...........don''t you work?

USA Canary and Bloodwagon, if you are going to try and debate these matters then at least get the players name right... it is RICKIE LAMBERT you couple of clowns.

A player who if we would have signed when I first said sign him (when we were a more attractive proposition in the Championship) we would probably not of been sitting here in the 3rd tier even having this discussion.  A player who would not of broken the bank and would of been a very good calculated gamble (as he still is).  The only way we are likely to lose a great deal on such a player would be a career threatening injury.

29 goals last season and available at around £1 million?  Tell me a player out therewho shoulod be more of a target for a club that has been relegated and wants to bounce back at the first attempt???

If NCFC had any ambition whatsoever then they would be moving heaven and earth in an attempt to get Lambert to sign on the dotted line, but surprise, surprise we have not even spoken to him or his agent.

it might well be the same people moaning but its the same people who are proved right time and time again, most of the signings in the last few years have not been good enough, proof, we are in division three. I dont get no satisfaction out of where we are but i also will not settle for second best and say things are great when they are not. I hope i am wrong and we pxss the division but sadly i cant see it.

[quote user="Smudger"]

USA Canary and Bloodwagon, if you are going to try and debate these matters then at least get the players name right... it is RICKIE LAMBERT you couple of clowns.

A player who if we would have signed when I first said sign him (when we were a more attractive proposition in the Championship) we would probably not of been sitting here in the 3rd tier even having this discussion.  A player who would not of broken the bank and would of been a very good calculated gamble (as he still is).  The only way we are likely to lose a great deal on such a player would be a career threatening injury.

29 goals last season and available at around £1 million?  Tell me a player out therewho shoulod be more of a target for a club that has been relegated and wants to bounce back at the first attempt???

If NCFC had any ambition whatsoever then they would be moving heaven and earth in an attempt to get Lambert to sign on the dotted line, but surprise, surprise we have not even spoken to him or his agent.

[/quote]

So tell me, just where are we going to get the mill to pay for him ? and then theres wages, agents fees, you want us to go under just tto say YOU got it right ???

No thanks, i`ll take the team that BG is getting lined up, and go from there.

we should push the boat out abit as i have said money spent now is money saved later, its not the point of being proved right, its just a little sign of ambition and a will to bounce back at the first attempt.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .
[/quote]

Huddersfield have not bid £1m for Rickie Lambert, and I told Gunn (when he was in charge of scouting) that Lambert''s contract was running out with Bristol Rvs so would be cheap. Norwich didn''t sign him and Lambert then signed a new contract and scored 29 goals last season.

Our club''s ambition is limited to "consolidation" in Division Three......

That''s how sad it all is. 

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

So tell me, just where are we going to get the mill to pay for him ? and then theres wages, agents fees, you want us to go under just tto say YOU got it right ???

No thanks, i`ll take the team that BG is getting lined up, and go from there.

[/quote]

Point is WE WOULDN''T GO UNDER by signing Lamber... it is an investment in Norwich City''s future which is likely to pay off by him helping us to promotion or alternatively being sold on for a similar or higher price.  Of course you and many other fools on here would rather we waste money on a has been like Alan Lee wouldn''t you?  Tell me how much of the money that we spend on Alan Lee do you think Norwich City FC will re-coup when he is either sold on or hangs up his boots at Carrow Road?

I don''t care how they find the money, like I have said before, why were the fans asked yet again to dip in their pockets and pay over the odds, Foulger has dipped in to his pocket (all be it at a lot less than he could afford), yet the Stowmarket two have put bugger all in to this summers playing budget?

Do Delia & Wynn Jones not believe that they should be doing something to put their errors right???

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .
[/quote]

Huddersfield have not bid £1m for Rickie Lambert, and I told Gunn (when he was in charge of scouting) that Lambert''s contract was running out with Bristol Rvs so would be cheap. Norwich didn''t sign him and Lambert then signed a new contract and scored 29 goals last season.

[/quote]

Exactly Tom, this proves just how poor a manager we have and why he should not be in the hotseat in the first place.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/town-gossip/2009/05/05/tues-am-town-s-750-000-striker-bid-reports-86081-23543453/

Lambert, who is still under contract with Rovers, has made no secret of his desire to play in the Championship but says he is open-minded about remaining in League I with an ambitious team. "Obviously I want to play in the Championship if the right offer comes along – I think everyone would accept it''s the right decision for me," he said.

I guess that kind of moves out any hope that he may move to Carrow Road out then???

If 750,000 is accepted for Rickie Lambert and we don''t dig deep to bid the same then it really would mean NO ambition.

Is it worth blowing our budget on one player when we have at least 3, if not 4 areas of the squad still needing to be addressed though??

[quote user="Lambo"]Is it worth blowing our budget on one player when we have at least 3, if not 4 areas of the squad still needing to be addressed though??[/quote]

Delia told me that we have loads of lovely jubbly investment coming in earlier today.

Do not fear... Lambert and Cox up front for City next season and we are going to storm to the league tit-le!

If the rumors of new investment ARE true, then i''d rather see Lambert... if only because my last name is Lambert lol.

However if we''re not going to be getting much in the way of investment then i think Lee is the way forward with our wafer thin squad.

[quote user="Lambo"]

If the rumors of new investment ARE true, then i''d rather see Lambert... if only because my last name is Lambert lol.

However if we''re not going to be getting much in the way of investment then i think Lee is the way forward with our wafer thin squad.

[/quote]My car would get more  investment then this club at present!

Smudger, i realise this proposition is completely out of the ordinary, utterly off topic, and for those that have read my posts before, it''d probably seem out of character, but could ''you'' by any chance, at some point (not necessarily today), have an argument with a regular poster on this forum that goes by the name "Houston Canary"?I always envisaged it as one of those scenarios where the "Unstoppable Force" meets the "Immovable Object", both truly embedded in their ways, and both relentlessely scorn those who oppose them.......... It''d be epic![:D]

[quote user="John"]Smudger, i realise this proposition is completely out of the ordinary, utterly off topic, and for those that have read my posts before, it''d probably seem out of character, but could ''you'' by any chance, at some point (not necessarily today), have an argument with a regular poster on this forum that goes by the name "Houston Canary"?

I always envisaged it as one of those scenarios where the "Unstoppable Force" meets the "Immovable Object", both truly embedded in their ways, and both relentlessely scorn those who oppose them.......... It''d be epic![:D]
[/quote]

lets hope for some ''mutually assured destruction''

[quote user="John"]Smudger, i realise this proposition is completely out of the ordinary, utterly off topic, and for those that have read my posts before, it''d probably seem out of character, but could ''you'' by any chance, at some point (not necessarily today), have an argument with a regular poster on this forum that goes by the name "Houston Canary"?

I always envisaged it as one of those scenarios where the "Unstoppable Force" meets the "Immovable Object", both truly embedded in their ways, and both relentlessely scorn those who oppose them.......... It''d be epic![:D]
[/quote]

It would be pretty difficult, he has always agreed with me and never even picked me up on baiting the dimmer Yanks who post on this forum... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="John"]Smudger, i realise this proposition is completely out of the ordinary, utterly off topic, and for those that have read my posts before, it''d probably seem out of character, but could ''you'' by any chance, at some point (not necessarily today), have an argument with a regular poster on this forum that goes by the name "Houston Canary"?I always envisaged it as one of those scenarios where the "Unstoppable Force" meets the "Immovable Object", both truly embedded in their ways, and both relentlessely scorn those who oppose them.......... It''d be epic![:D][/quote]

It would be pretty difficult, he has always agreed with me and never even picked me up on baiting the dimmer Yanks who post on this forum... [;)]

[/quote].... Well keep it in mind Smudger if you ever find something Houston professes a little dubious, it''d be one hell of an occasion, and would certainly make my day (among others i''d imagine) [:D].

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I knew my ironic joke of calling him "Ricardo Lambert" would go WAYYYYY over your head....................

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Like you never done a typo before, try getting off your high horse.