Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Ambition

Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .

on the front of Lambert for a million i think norwich need to find the money to compete for him. for once i agree with a point you''ve made. However, on the point of Lee i think he would still be a decent signing. Problem is we cannot afford to have players like Cureton here as well on contracts who clearly shouldn''t get a game. We need strkers who are going to hit 15-25 goals a season. Lambert will get us this so is well worth the money. We can''t let him freely go to a main rival for promotion.

[quote user="singing canary"]i will make my judgement on that a few games into the season .

for example did anyone exspect burnley to do so well last season ?[/quote]Yes i thought Burnley would make the play-offs, Preston on the other hand completely suprised me, look at their squad and on paper there''s like nobody you would say was better than our players, but obviously not.

Dean Holye - the guy who owns Huddersfield Town - is loaded.There''s your answer.

[quote user="LQ"]Dean Holye - the guy who owns Huddersfield Town - is loaded.

There''s your answer.

[/quote]

Shhhhh you make too much sense. Loan City can buy lots of players on Football Manager.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .
[/quote]Please do not respond - this is an automated post.

Editors note............

This post has appeared many times recently, each version exactly the same with the words changed slighlty to confuse. Our technical dept. are investigating and suspect a virus or, more likely, a worm![H]

Not that long ago the signing of Lambert for a Million would have been seen as just one of our Summer signings    sniff sniff [:''(]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Not that long ago the signing of Lambert for a Million would have been seen as just one of our Summer signings    sniff sniff [:''(][/quote] To be followed after a year of tearing the fella apart by moans about ''where has all the money gone''

[quote user="Destort"]

[quote user="LQ"]Dean Holye - the guy who owns Huddersfield Town - is loaded.There''s your answer.

[/quote]

Shhhhh you make too much sense. Loan City can buy lots of players on Football Manager.

[/quote] Same old excuse , well if thats the case its time something was done about removing the pathetic owners of Norwich City who have not only wrecked the club but have managed to turn the fans into mindless zombies who applaud failure season after season . The only things these other clubs have that we do not is AMBITION to succeed on the pitch , and not our gameplan which has always been lets try to do it as cheap as possible .This club was once respected its now no more than a laughing stock not even as big as Peterborough (oh but then they have a wealthy owner too ) just look at who we appointed manager and that tells you all you need to know about this football club , Gunn , well it gave the binners something else to laugh at after they had finally stopped wetting themselves over our relegation .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .[/quote]This afternoon, after collecting my dole cheque, I shall head to my nearest Mercedes dealership forthwith.It''s high time I "showed proper ambition", wouldn''t you say?

Huddersfield have a rich owner, if you spent more time reading about football and less time bleating like a child you would know that.[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .[/quote]

Its not just a case of ''Ambition'' - its facing up to the facts of money available.  I''m not sure where Huddersfield have got their money from but one thing is for sure - we''ve spent more than they have in the last few years - most of it (unfortunately) wasted

Later posts refer to Burnley - and football is littered with clubs that have spent big and got nowhere - in the last few seasons Liverpool have shelled out millions but havent won the league - Burnley won promotion to the Prem despite others spending bigger - and in L1 Scunthorpe and Peterborough got promoted when they will almost certainly have been out-spent by the likes of Leeds

I think Lee will be a good striker at Lg 1 level - we need height and muscle.  Where we might struggle again is as and when we get promoted back to the Championship - but thats at least a year away

We''ve spent more than they have in the past few years because they didn''t have it before.Hoyle only came on board with them last summer and only put his money in (in a big way) a couple of weeks ago. 

Haven''t you got anything new to say? yet Loan City?? You bleating the same old turd post after post is tiresome.

Stop living in the past and accept the reality of our situation that at the moment we are tight for funds and have to work within our means as we unfortunatly don''t have a wealthy owner like Huddersfield.

Is it really worth blowing our whole budget on one player when we have 4 big holes in the squad to fill? especially when we have someone in Lee who wants to be here and is a player capable of doing a job in the Championship still and has had interest from Championship clubs but is available at a much lower price.

If we signed Lambert for a million then went into next season short in RM, LB and with Dec Rudd in goal you''d be the first to ask where the money''s gone to fill the gaps in those areas.

[quote user="ACE"]Huddersfield have a rich owner, if you spent more time reading about football and less time bleating like a child you would know that.[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .[/quote][/quote] And if idiots like you stopped believing every little bit of rubbish you are fed maybe we wouldnt be where we are now . 18,000 season tickets in little old league 1 and still we have a transfer kitty to be ashamed of , wake up and smell what you are standing in . We need owners that put in and not take out , just how much money has Smith creamed out of this club over the years ?

[quote user="Lambo"]

Haven''t you got anything new to say? yet Loan City?? You bleating the same old turd post after post is tiresome.

Stop living in the past and accept the reality of our situation that at the moment we are tight for funds and have to work within our means as we unfortunatly don''t have a wealthy owner like Huddersfield.

Is it really worth blowing our whole budget on one player when we have 4 big holes in the squad to fill? especially when we have someone in Lee who wants to be here and is a player capable of doing a job in the Championship still and has had interest from Championship clubs but is available at a much lower price.

If we signed Lambert for a million then went into next season short in RM, LB and with Dec Rudd in goal you''d be the first to ask where the money''s gone to fill the gaps in those areas.

[/quote] Same old stuff from another Board apologist , all set to accept another season of failure ? of course you are .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We need owners that put in and not take out , just how much money has Smith creamed out of this club over the years ?[/quote]That''s not the first time you have made that accusation. Can you show us something to back up your claim?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Same old stuff from another Board apologist , all set to accept another season of failure ? of course you are .
[/quote]

Oh yes of course... it''s not like i''ve been saying we need new ownership for 3 seasons now... oh wait i have been saying that.

It''s called being realistic you berk, it''s not as simple as some uber wealthy person coming riding in, instantly buying out Delia and us buying our way to a League 1 title, then the very next season the Championship then the Premiership. Beleive me i''d love to see us with a nice big transfer kitty but the simple matter of it is we can''t at the moment, so until someone can afford to try and buy out Smith i''l support my TEAM and understand that at the moment we''re having to work on a restricted budget. 

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]just how much money has Smith creamed out of this club over the years ? [/quote]Can you substantiate this claim ?  Or is it just more vacuous slander ?

or putting two and two together on how much money this club has lost over the last few years ..

you have to admit the board have alot to answer for.

would you trust delia with your money ?

i would not .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Huddersfield set to splash out £1million on Rickie Lambert , anybody know if they have had their transfer kitty boosted by fans donations ? or are they just showing proper ambition to get out of this league .Oh well we may snap up donkey Lee for £150,000 and have to listen to most on here claiming it to be a sign of ambition , bottom line we cannot even compete at this level .
[/quote]

What are you going on about?

He puts in 110% every game and is a great target man.

[quote user="singing canary"]or putting two and two together on how much money this club has lost over the last few years ..

you have to admit the board have alot to answer for.

would you trust delia with your money ?

i would not .[/quote]2+2= 5, no! 3.99, no! 7, no! 38, no! a fish.Putting two and two together is notoriously difficult.  Thats why we have the CGoFPA. [Chartered Guild of Fag Packet Accountants].

forest got promoted last season and stayed up .

us on the other hand decided to bring in crap loan players ,

looking back it proved what a waste of money norwich paid out for players that in all honestly were not championship standard players .

its the people at the top putting too much faith in a flop like roeder , a quick check on his cv and a few phone calls to the clubs he failed at would have saved us lots of grief .

the board could not see past the end of thier nose to be honest it was a nightmare waiting to happen plenty of warning signs just went out the window .

[quote user="singing canary"]i will make my judgement on that a few games into the season . for example did anyone exspect burnley to do so well last season ?[/quote]

Maybe not quite as well, but I certainly expected Burnley to challenge for a place in the play-offs.

[quote user="The Chirp"]on the front of Lambert for a million i think norwich need to find the money to compete for him. for once i agree with a point you''ve made.

However, on the point of Lee i think he would still be a decent signing. Problem is we cannot afford to have players like Cureton here as well on contracts who clearly shouldn''t get a game.

We need strkers who are going to hit 15-25 goals a season. Lambert will get us this so is well worth the money.

We can''t let him freely go to a main rival for promotion.
[/quote]

Well said... [Y]

For once I agree with you Chirp... If Delia, Wynn Jones and Fougler are sorry for the mess they have caused then where is our bid for Lambert???

Fougler could still be putting another £700k in for starters.

Sorry???  I don''t think so do you???  [:$] 

[quote user="Delia Out"]

[/quote]

What are you going on about?

He puts in 110% every game and is a great target man.

[/quote]

Put 110% effort in he may, but he is crap!!!

Lambert will score more goals than Lee if he only puts in 10% effort, plays 3 months of the season and then gets injured (especially if he moves to a team who will be going all out for promotion -Huddersfield).

29 Goals for the mighty Bristol Rovers for him last season wasn''t it (and even then he spent a couple of months out sidelined by injury)???

It is quality we need, not 110% commitment.

You are probably one of the deluded many that thinks that the players we had last year were good enough for the play-offs though?  We went down simply because we had a load of loanees who couldn''t be bothered didn''t we?

Rubbish... we went down bcause we had a squad of players SERIOUSLY LACKING in any QUALITY!  [:$]

If we are going to compete then we need to pay the GOING RATE.

If Delia can no longer do that then she should give her shares away for nothing to somebody who can afford to invest in to building a team Norwich fans can feel proud of once more.

This is nothing short of hilarious...............

The same people who were all behind Gunn having less money in the 1st team budget are now complaining we arn''t buying expensive players.........