Sign in to follow this  
pliff

Lack of transfer activity

Wonder what the management teams excuse will be this week for no movements. Players still on holiday when they are back in training, agents not answering the phone, no movement anywhere,  ineptness or just plain lies lies and more lies, sort iy out Gunn or give the job to someone who can

Just  back from holiday and no access to internet, and was just thinking that Gunn seems to have been very active.  Three signings, three academy players given professional contracts and a couple of renewals.  Call me complacent but I''m marginally impressed.

Lack of Funds. Too many gready selfish supporters wanting their money back (flogging dead horse)[;)]

1. It''s Monday, the week has just started.

2. 3 Youth Players have signed First-Team Contract and Simon Lappin has signed a 2-Year Deal.

3. We are continually linked with Alan Lee.

4. Clingan and Hoolahan are still at the club with reported bids rejected.

5. We have already signed 3 quality players with proven League 1 experience.

6. In Marshall we have got rid of an inconsistent keeper who couldn''t kick, spent half the time picking the ball out of his net and very rarely produced a save of any sorts let alone the quality he has shown he is capable of.

Since we have been relegated the only negative has been losing Croft. It''s not even July and save a Goalkeeper, Striker and Right Winger we have a team capable of putting in a good shift in League 1. We have 700,000 of rebate money plus money from any players sales and whatever budget Gunn has been given.

So IMHO the positives far outweigh the negatives so far. Given until the start of the season, I''m sure we will have a team capable of bouncing straight back to the Championship should we hang on to our best players and invest in those key positions.

Gunn''s had little time in the job, is still learning and TBH, was thrown in at the deep end with a team lacking any faith/ inspiration.

Give him a chance, I''m sure he''ll come around :)

Some of you play too much ''Football Manager''.

Just how many new players are you expecting at this stage? We have 3 in. Once Clingan goes I''m sure we''ll see a couple more. Unless ''Kaka'' is one of them though I''m sure you''ll moan though...

[quote user="pliff"]Wonder what the management teams excuse will be this week for no movements. Players still on holiday when they are back in training, agents not answering the phone, no movement anywhere,  ineptness or just plain lies lies and more lies, sort iy out Gunn or give the job to someone who can[/quote]Grow up. Teas ready

[quote user="pliff"]Wonder what the management teams excuse will be this week for no movements. Players still on holiday when they are back in training, agents not answering the phone, no movement anywhere,  ineptness or just plain lies lies and more lies, sort iy out Gunn or give the job to someone who can[/quote]

We have given a 2 week trial to Scott Neilson

[quote user="MCWILL"]

1. It''s Monday, the week has just started.

2. 3 Youth Players have signed First-Team Contract and Simon Lappin has signed a 2-Year Deal.

3. We are continually linked with Alan Lee.

4. Clingan and Hoolahan are still at the club with reported bids rejected.

5. We have already signed 3 quality players with proven League 1 experience.

6. In Marshall we have got rid of an inconsistent keeper who couldn''t kick, spent half the time picking the ball out of his net and very rarely produced a save of any sorts let alone the quality he has shown he is capable of.

Since we have been relegated the only negative has been losing Croft. It''s not even July and save a Goalkeeper, Striker and Right Winger we have a team capable of putting in a good shift in League 1. We have 700,000 of rebate money plus money from any players sales and whatever budget Gunn has been given.

So IMHO the positives far outweigh the negatives so far. Given until the start of the season, I''m sure we will have a team capable of bouncing straight back to the Championship should we hang on to our best players and invest in those key positions.

Gunn''s had little time in the job, is still learning and TBH, was thrown in at the deep end with a team lacking any faith/ inspiration.

Give him a chance, I''m sure he''ll come around :)

[/quote]

Couldn''t have put it better myself, just a couple more players and we will be ready!!!

[quote user="pliff"]Wonder what the management teams excuse will be this week for no movements.[/quote]There''s no money...?

[quote user="Panic"][quote user="pliff"]Wonder what the management teams excuse will be this week for no movements.[/quote]There''s no money...?[/quote]There would have been more if some of you had elected to let the club keep the extra £10 a month ;) *Awaits the onslaught*

Today will be the day your transfer worries are dealt with.

There will many signings today.......comparable to that momentous occasion under Brian Hamilton where we signed and unveiled mcveigh,dewaard,derveld,needergard and giallanza all at the same time....what a day or evening i think it was in the clubs history 5 signings at once...pure ambition and continental players too

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Couldn''t have put it better myself, just a couple more players and we will be ready!!!

[/quote]I''d say 4 more minimum assuming no one else leaves (very debatable) and even that won''t give us a squad with much depth.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]Just  back from holiday and no access to internet, and was just thinking that Gunn seems to have been very active.  Three signings, three academy players given professional contracts and a couple of renewals.  Call me complacent but I''m marginally impressed.[/quote]

agreed.. compare this to Nigel Worthington who would of dithered until the transfer window had almost passed him by then panic bought to compensate.

that "... is still on holiday" excuse is bull sh*t... no ones ever on holiday in football.. particularly not when the money comes calling....

jas :)

LOL, i don''t think we''ve been this active as early as we have been this year for a good while now yet some people still bitch and whine.

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Panic"][quote user="pliff"]Wonder what the management teams excuse will be this week for no movements.[/quote]

There''s no money...?
[/quote]

There would have been more if some of you had elected to let the club keep the extra £10 a month ;)
*Awaits the onslaught*
[/quote]

Division 3 prices for division 3 football, nuff said [:)]

[quote user="hurricane"]Today will be the day your transfer worries are dealt with. There will many signings today.......comparable to that momentous occasion under Brian Hamilton where we signed and unveiled mcveigh,dewaard,derveld,needergard and giallanza all at the same time....what a day or evening i think it was in the clubs history 5 signings at once...pure ambition and continental players too[/quote]

Yeah sure, what drugs have you been taking?

What are you on about?

We''ve signed 3 players, have 2 on trial, more in pipeline and the window has been open a day.

Seriously, take yourself off to one side and have a word with yourself!

[quote user="ob1"]What are you on about? We''ve signed 3 players, have 2 on trial, more in pipeline and the window has been open a day. Seriously, take yourself off to one side and have a word with yourself![/quote]

lol love it

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="hurricane"]Today will be the day your transfer worries are dealt with. There will many signings today.......comparable to that momentous occasion under Brian Hamilton where we signed and unveiled mcveigh,dewaard,derveld,needergard and giallanza all at the same time....what a day or evening i think it was in the clubs history 5 signings at once...pure ambition and continental players too[/quote]

Yeah sure, what drugs have you been taking?

[/quote]were awesome...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="ob1"]What are you on about? We''ve signed 3 players, have 2 on trial, more in pipeline and the window has been open a day. Seriously, take yourself off to one side and have a word with yourself![/quote]

lol love it

[/quote]

Cheers dude, but I feel such a fool, tho! I made a mistake... we''ve three players on trial, not two... [:)]