Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Alan Lee is one of us, one of us, one of us

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="AJ"]Question; Where does the £350,000 come from?
[/quote]

Clingan -750k-1m

Marshall - £400-500k

Hoolahan - 400k

surely theres money here to spend??

I do wonder whether we should have waited to get the money in for these players first, we might have then found that we could have gone for a slightly higher standard of player than the ''Sunday league'' players bought in so far?

[/quote]

a colleague of mine - an ipswich fan - reckons he''s oneof the laziest footballers he''s ever seen and a Palace fan didn''t have a good word to say either.

he wants to play for norwich due to proximity to Dedham where he lives and did enough when on loan to convince many of our fans it seems but don''t be surprised if he turns out to be a disappointment

[/quote]

Well he cant have done half bad, with transfer fees totalling £2m in his career, 10 international caps and nearly 100 league goals to his name...... you have to realise that Crystal Palace and Ipswich have a different quality of player to us now..... and have had for a few years unfortunately!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]This would be great news, him and Cody up front![/quote]

Is it only me who sees Cody Mac as still unproven?

[/quote]

cody mac needs to learn when to pass instead of trying to go it alone every time, could be awesome in this league, its all there it just needs nurturing [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]This would be great news, him and Cody up front![/quote]

[/quote]

cody mac needs to learn when to pass instead of trying to go it alone every time, could be awesome in this league, its all there it just needs nurturing [:D]

[/quote]

agreed! i think this will be a massive season for Cody and he will tear league 1 apart.. just needs that player up there with him who can take the rough treatment from centerbacks so they don''t flatten him!

in 12 months time after Codys 1st full season we might just all be saying "huckerby who?"

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed! i think this will be a massive season for Cody and he will tear league 1 apart.. just needs that player up there with him who can take the rough treatment from centerbacks so they don''t flatten him!

in 12 months time after Codys 1st full season we might just all be saying "huckerby who?"

jas :)

[/quote]

And if as I fear, he doesn''t?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

he wants to play for norwich due to proximity to Dedham where he lives and did enough when on loan to convince many of our fans it seems but don''t be surprised if he turns out to be a disappointment[/quote]

So you''re saying that there aren''t any closer Championship or League 1 clubs to Dedham in Essex than Norwich ?

[/quote]  None that want to sign him NO.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

he wants to play for norwich due to proximity to Dedham where he lives and did enough when on loan to convince many of our fans it seems but don''t be surprised if he turns out to be a disappointment[/quote]

So you''re saying that there aren''t any closer Championship or League 1 clubs to Dedham in Essex than Norwich ?

[/quote]  None that want to sign him NO.
[/quote]

When we were first thinking of signing him, you admitted that he is a pretty good player, you also admitted that you would be gutted if we had an Alan Lee - Billy Clarke partnership up front.  He scored 34 goals for you lot in about 2 seasons, so you know that hes not a poor player.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]  None that want to sign him NO.[/quote]

When we were first thinking of signing him, you admitted that he is a pretty good player, you also admitted that you would be gutted if we had an Alan Lee - Billy Clarke partnership up front.  He scored 34 goals for you lot in about 2 seasons, so you know that hes not a poor player.

[/quote] You must be thinking of someone else, I never said he was a pretty good player, hes ok just bloody lazy at times. I also never said I would be gutted if you had a Lee/ Clarke partnership, although I am disappointed that Clarke has been released as i believe he has what it takes, he would certainly be good enough for League One. Lee has never been a 15/20 goals a season player which is what I think you need.

Alan Lee made it pretty clear in one of his interviews when he came here on loan that the main attraction about playing at Carrow Road was the proximity of the ground to his house. I feel sure that if our old friends 45 miles south on the A140 made a bid to take him back to Portaloo Road, he would quickly forget all thoughts of coming here and make a swift return there. It''s closer to home you see.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="AJ"]Question; Where does the £350,000 come from?
[/quote]

Clingan -750k-1m

Marshall - £400-500k

Hoolahan - 400k

surely theres money here to spend??

I do wonder whether we should have waited to get the money in for these players first, we might have then found that we could have gone for a slightly higher standard of player than the ''Sunday league'' players bought in so far?

[/quote]

anton sibierksi transfer fees are about 6M ish and he was a pile of sh!te

past transfer fees are completely irrelevant otherwise we might as well bring Trevor Franics ot of retirement

a colleague of mine - an ipswich fan - reckons he''s oneof the laziest footballers he''s ever seen and a Palace fan didn''t have a good word to say either.

he wants to play for norwich due to proximity to Dedham where he lives and did enough when on loan to convince many of our fans it seems but don''t be surprised if he turns out to be a disappointment

[/quote]

Well he cant have done half bad, with transfer fees totalling £2m in his career, 10 international caps and nearly 100 league goals to his name...... you have to realise that Crystal Palace and Ipswich have a different quality of player to us now..... and have had for a few years unfortunately!

[/quote]

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]Alan Lee made it pretty clear in one of his interviews when he came here on loan that the main attraction about playing at Carrow Road was the proximity of the ground to his house. I feel sure that if our old friends 45 miles south on the A140 made a bid to take him back to Portaloo Road, he would quickly forget all thoughts of coming here and make a swift return there. It''s closer to home you see.[/quote]

So why isn''t he going to ColU or Southend then both clubs are on his doorstep?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]Alan Lee made it pretty clear in one of his interviews when he came here on loan that the main attraction about playing at Carrow Road was the proximity of the ground to his house. I feel sure that if our old friends 45 miles south on the A140 made a bid to take him back to Portaloo Road, he would quickly forget all thoughts of coming here and make a swift return there. It''s closer to home you see.[/quote]

[/quote]

BECAUSE THEY HAVEN''T EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ColU are talking to Grant Holt...... something tells me that he is better!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has he got better stats [;)]

How do you thing Alan Lee''s wages compare to Grant Holt''s [:^)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Has he got better stats [;)]

How do you thing Alan Lee''s wages compare to Grant Holt''s [:^)]

[/quote] Lee''s will undoubtedly be much higher.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

As far as I''m aware they have shown no interest in him. If they did, it would be interesting to see what his decision would be then.

I work with a firm whose owners are friends of Alan Lee. They are adamant he really enjoyed playing for us, and doesn''t want to sign for anyone except us. Apparently it meant alot to him the way we accepted him after just a couple of games.

I agree that his location does play a part in who he will sign for ( if you''ve visited Dedham you can understand why) but I also know that he enjoyed his time with us, loved the facilities, loved the fans and bonded well with the players who were here. He would love to return to help us fight our way out of League 1 and I still think that for £350k he''d be a bargain for one season.

I honest to god have no clue why we''re not doing more to sign him. How many players openly state they want to sign for a club thats just been religated. He wants to be here, his club are more than willing to sell and we''ve now had a £700,000 pound cash boost to our transfer budget.

If he''s not here come the start of the season i''l have lost all faith in this club.

Haven''t read all this thread but half our transfer budget on a 30yr old whos average? Errrr no ta!

[quote user="Lambo"]

I honest to god have no clue why we''re not doing more to sign him. How many players openly state they want to sign for a club thats just been religated. He wants to be here, his club are more than willing to sell and we''ve now had a £700,000 pound cash boost to our transfer budget.

If he''s not here come the start of the season i''l have lost all faith in this club.

[/quote]

He stated before we were relegated that he''d want to play for us even if we were relegated

Cannot believe that some of you dislike the idea of Lee coming here. Tell me this, what do you get for 350k these days? Nothing. Alan Lee is a better acquisition than almost anything that 350k will buy you. He''s perfect for league one, and is exactly the sort of centre forward we need. Teams hate him because they are scared of him. I''d hate to play against him, and he can score goals as well. He''s a typical "nuisance" player. Perfect, perfect, perfect.Lets keep Hoops and get Lee, then I''ll start to look forward to the new season.

love the title name - like alan lee really gives too hoots who he''s playing for

as long he doesnt have to move location (house) and he gets paid i doubt he cares if its ipswich/norwich whoever

bit like marcus stewart