Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Alan Lee is one of us, one of us, one of us

He will be our first major signing pre-season. £350,000 from Palace - a real asset - only player to show guts at th end of last season and an excellent aquisition for Division 3.

This will be a good signing for us this year - i can see him wacking 15 goals in this league. Probably a bit player if we were still in Division 2.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would be a real blow if we sign this old striker who is way over the hill and looking for a club to put his feet up at , would rather have kept Carl Cort .
[/quote]

I would point out the fact Lee was one of the few players to bust a gut trying to keep us in The Championship but you''d only twist into him trying to earn a deal to then put his feet up.

I AM however interested to know who you''d like us to sign?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would be a real blow if we sign this old striker who is way over the hill and looking for a club to put his feet up at , would rather have kept Carl Cort .[/quote]LOL, surprise surprise

Don`t get me wrong, I don`t agree with the Carl Court guff, but I`m really not that convinced about Alan Lee. I think hes very one dimensional and would kill any midfield creativity. (not that we had much last season). We did look a better outfit with Mooney and Gow up front.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]This would be great news, him and Cody up front![/quote]

Is it only me who sees Cody Mac as still unproven?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]This would be great news, him and Cody up front![/quote]

[/quote]yes he is Wiz...but im hoping he will blossom nxt season [;)] and as for A.Lee £350k to much i would rather see A.Bishop here at CR [Y]

[/quote]

Completely agree  - Cody needs time to settle in and prove his worth - if he''s in our starting 11 I don''t see that as a sign of intent to come back up. However, would be chuffed if he proved me wrong with a hat full of goals.

On a more positive note, would be genuinely thrilled  if we signed Lee.

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Completely agree  - Cody needs time to settle in and prove his worth - if he''s in our starting 11 I don''t see that as a sign of intent to come back up. However, would be chuffed if he proved me wrong with a hat full of goals.

On a more positive note, would be genuinely thrilled  if we signed Lee.

[/quote]

Agreed Undertaker, I would love Alan at City too.

Question; Where does the £350,000 come from?

Take it from me, he will become very lazy after the first few games of the season, his work rate leaves a lot to be desired tbh. he also didnt hit the net that often from open play and spent half the time on his arse. Billy Clarke would be a much better option for you guys, did NCFC actually approach clarke ?

[quote user="AJ"]Question; Where does the £350,000 come from?
[/quote]

Clingan -750k-1m

Marshall - £400-500k

Hoolahan - 400k

surely theres money here to spend??

I do wonder whether we should have waited to get the money in for these players first, we might have then found that we could have gone for a slightly higher standard of player than the ''Sunday league'' players bought in so far?

[quote user="bluemike"]Take it from me, he will become very lazy after the first few games of the season, his work rate leaves a lot to be desired tbh. he also didnt hit the net that often from open play and spent half the time on his arse. Billy Clarke would be a much better option for you guys, did NCFC actually approach clarke ?
[/quote]

Your just jealous because a popular former Ipswich player is coming to Norwich.

However, he is in talks with Rotherham about a 3 year contract!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="bluemike"]Take it from me, he will become very lazy after the first few games of the season, his work rate leaves a lot to be desired tbh. he also didnt hit the net that often from open play and spent half the time on his arse. Billy Clarke would be a much better option for you guys, did NCFC actually approach clarke ?[/quote]

Your just jealous because a popular former Ipswich player is coming to Norwich.

However, he is in talks with Rotherham about a 3 year contract!

[/quote] I was actually being serious for once !

I don''t think Hoolahan wants to be here anymore. Besides, if he isn''t going to be played in his best position, what''s the point of him? Flog and make a profit or keep and use properly I say. [Y]

[quote user="james norwich"]This will be a good signing for us this year - i can see him wacking 15 goals in this league. Probably a bit player if we were still in Division 2.[/quote]

nows the time to point out you have been completely and utterly wrong about rumours before about signings... and claimed that you heard from within Carrow Road before....

still i hope we do get Lee, he''d be a good signing at this level

jas :)

[/quote]

Whenever he''s played for us, he''s looked very sharp and likely to score - one of the very few successes from last season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="james norwich"]This will be a good signing for us this year - i can see him wacking 15 goals in this league. Probably a bit player if we were still in Division 2.[/quote]

nows the time to point out you have been completely and utterly wrong about rumours before about signings... and claimed that you heard from within Carrow Road before....

still i hope we do get Lee, he''d be a good signing at this level

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas, some players talk to the club and it doesn''t come off at the final stages - Ameobi. Dublin signed though. Also, look out for a certain Darren Huckerby too (in an ambassadorial role)!!!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would be a real blow if we sign this old striker who is way over the hill and looking for a club to put his feet up at , would rather have kept Carl Cort .
[/quote]

I guess you''re only saying that as he is ex-Ipswich. Either that or you know nothing about football.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="AJ"]Question; Where does the £350,000 come from?
[/quote]

Clingan -750k-1m

Marshall - £400-500k

Hoolahan - 400k

surely theres money here to spend??

I do wonder whether we should have waited to get the money in for these players first, we might have then found that we could have gone for a slightly higher standard of player than the ''Sunday league'' players bought in so far?

[/quote]

a colleague of mine - an ipswich fan - reckons he''s oneof the laziest footballers he''s ever seen and a Palace fan didn''t have a good word to say either.

he wants to play for norwich due to proximity to Dedham where he lives and did enough when on loan to convince many of our fans it seems but don''t be surprised if he turns out to be a disappointment

[quote user="james norwich"]He will be our first major signing pre-season. £350,000 from Palace - a real asset - only player to show guts at th end of last season and an excellent aquisition for Division 3.[/quote]

You''ve been right before so I hope you''re right this time too [:)] Any idea when it will be confirmed?

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

he wants to play for norwich due to proximity to Dedham where he lives and did enough when on loan to convince many of our fans it seems but don''t be surprised if he turns out to be a disappointment[/quote]

So you''re saying that there aren''t any closer Championship or League 1 clubs to Dedham in Essex than Norwich ?