Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

This board have been sent a very clear message by the season ticket holders

About two thirds of season ticket holders have sent this board a very clear message......Of course there will still be a few on here who will try and spin this result in favour of the board (as they try to do with everything) But it is a clear a result as you can get. If they have any sense at all they will digest the meaning of this and listen to the fans a bit more, or maybe even think a bit harder if/ when potential buyers come calling (if they have''nt already)

The season ticket holders have spoken.....................

[quote user="mtv"]

About two thirds of season ticket holders have sent this board a very clear message......Of course there will still be a few on here who will try and spin this result in favour of the board (as they try to do with everything) But it is a clear a result as you can get. If they have any sense at all they will digest the meaning of this and listen to the fans a bit more, or maybe even think a bit harder if/ when potential buyers come calling (if they have''nt already)

[/quote]

I dont know how your maths works, but I make it one third. Since two thirds gave the money back.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I dont know how your maths works, but I make it one third. Since two thirds gave the money back.[/quote]

Try the other way round....

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

I dont know how your maths works, but I make it one third. Since two thirds gave the money back.

[/quote]

Wow blimey, much apologies, I got it wrong...... that really is a strong message. I expected it to be about half and half.  (I didnt know Foulgers money was included in the 700k)

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I dont know how your maths works, but I make it one third. Since two thirds gave the money back.[/quote]

Try the other way round....

[/quote]

Just realised (Doh!). Had very little sleep!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

FINAL REBATE TOTALS

• Maximum possible rebate: £1,076,907.

Claimed: £717,603 (66.6 per cent).

Unclaimed: £359,304 (33.3 per cent).

• Season ticket-holders: 18,481.

Claiming rebate: 11,707 (63.3 per cent).

Not claiming: 6,774 (36.7 per cent).

about time the board were left in no doubt how we felt.  If Foulger had any nous he would put the other 700k into team building as a gesture of good will and looking to the future

if two thirds of norwich fans basiclly said up yours i cant see how the board could afford to make any more mistakes .

it wouldnt take much for the final third to say i wish i had claimed my money back !.

this goes to show how many norwich fans have lost confidence .

i really hope if the current board stay they make a real effort to fund the team this great club and great fans deserve .

otherwise the clock is ticking and this would result in a pretty bad back lash for the cooking queen as i feel her book sales may plumit with norfolk folks!!!

Now let''s for one moment loot at the facts,

FINAL REBATE TOTALS

• Maximum possible rebate: £1,076,907.

Claimed: £717,603 (66.6 per cent).

Unclaimed: £359,304 (33.3 per cent).

• Season ticket-holders: 18,481.

Claiming rebate: 11,707 (63.3 per cent).

Not claiming: 6,774 (36.7 per cent).
  •  

The two points to look at is that 36.7% of season ticket holders didn''t claim their rebate but only 33.3% of the money went unclaimed. To me that shows that people in the more expensive seats claimed their rebates back, i.e. perhaps they''re feeling the pinch of the current economic climate, and the people who didn''t claim tended to be those in the cheaper seats as the money claimed back would have been marginal for the season ticket holder.

I think the only message is how people are struggling within the current financial climate.

Those with more money than sense may of claimed their rebate due to how they feel about the board, but I think the majority did it for financial reasons.

The club always w*nks about the fact its a family club and therefore if a family go and they all claimed their rebate this could be a good day out or a weekend away they may otherwise not of been able to afford.

Yes i know its not my money yada yada but......

Foulger can afford it, why doesnt he up his investment? 350k out of a possible £1m (that he siad he could afford) is quite lucky for him.

Go on Foulger chuck us some more!

The problem is that this was never a vote on the board - certainly not for me and I''m guessing not for many others too.  I am not pro the board (nor as rabidly anti as many), but didn''t take the rebate. 

Put simply, people are in danger of reading more into the outcome than can be justified: the 37% cannot necessarily be seen as being ''pro'' board, nor the 63% as being ''anti''.....but clearly the club wanted us to let them keep the money so I wouldn''t doubt for a minute that some will have seen this as an opportunity to give the Board a bloody nose.

The fact is that people were legally owed the money, so surely it is not a surprise that many took it.   The reasons for this could be varied - but given the current economic position of many, and we are talking about an average of £70+ for an Adult ticket, it is difficult to say that this wasn''t the main factor. 

That is just a load of tosh...........Listen if the fans were behind the board and had faith in the board then the VAST majority of them would have dug deep to help out. But THE FACT is that the vast majority of the fans dont trust them.....and if you cant see that then you are just not looking

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

Now let''s for one moment loot at the facts,

[/quote]It''s always good whens someone says "let''s look at the facts" and then trots out some speculation.If you are going to assume expensive seats = better off, then people in the cheaper seats would by definition need the money back more than those in the expensive seats.

If everyone was happy with the way the club has been run I would say the figures would have been the other way round . Whatever way you look at it it is still pretty obvious that there are plenty of people who don''t have faith in this board to turn things around and would rather keep their money in their pockets than trust them to spend it where it should be spent.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

The reasons for this could be varied - but given the current economic position of many, and we are talking about an average of £70+ for an Adult ticket, it is difficult to say that this wasn''t the main factor. 

[/quote]

Absolute nonsense, and you know it. Some perspective:

£70 is almost exactly £3 per home game. That''s about a pint, or a couple of hot dogs, or 3 soft drinks.

Having one less pint to help fund better players.A tiny sacrifice, totally negligible if you''re talking about a passion in peoples'' lives.

Don''t kid yourself that this result is anything but a clear message to the board.

The FACT is that you would have to interview every season ticket holder to get an accurate picture of why people claimed or waived. And that picture would almost certainly not be as straightforward as pro- or anti-board.For example, I suspect some Delia Outers waived, for whatever reason, and some people who might be characterised as board supporters claimed, again for whatever reason.Some may have claimed because they didn''t trust Gunn with their money. If we are factoring in the St Andrew''s Hall meeting then that has to be taken into consideration, as has the Foulger offer.

agreed people were happy to pay it to watch championship football they would not have knocked on carrow road door and said i could not afford it can i have my money back .

people parted with this money willingly exspecting to watch a higher standard of football the world has been in a economic downturn long before last season finished .

i would put money on it if norwich were in the premiership 25-30 thousand people would still go and pay premiership gate money to watch them .

manchester united liverpool and most top clubs have full houses every home game and people are willing to pay it .

the climate has nothing to do with it .

[quote user="mtv"]That is just a load of tosh...........Listen if the fans were behind the board and had faith in the board then the VAST majority of them would have dug deep to help out. But THE FACT is that the vast majority of the fans dont trust them.....and if you cant see that then you are just not looking[/quote]

Spot on!!! I don''t need the extra money each month (i''m lucky) but i took the rebate to show the board that i no longer trust them and the letter attached to the rebate form told them exactly what i thought.If a new board was in place and the right manager they could have had my money,this lot can go jump!!

certainly not be as straightforward as pro- or anti-board.

Oh I''m pretty sure that you and your lot  would have made it very straightforward if it had been as conclusive the OTHER way

[quote user="mtv"]certainly not be as straightforward as pro- or anti-board.Oh I''m pretty sure that you and your lot  would have made it very straightforward if it had been as conclusive the OTHER way[/quote]For the third time, you have no idea whether I claimed or waived, and no idea what my reasons were for claiming or waiving.

[quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]Unless you can show that the majority of those who claimed their rebates did so for footballing reasons and not to ease their financial burden then your claim that it ''sends out a very clear message'' is speculative at best. It''s very easy to suggest that if City were doing well then fewer people would have claimed, but in the absence of relevant statistics it''s a claim which lacks sufficient evidence. Thus, I''m not convinced by your testimony. Produce the required evidence and I''ll be willing to change my mind. [Y]

And do you know what purple, I dont really care whether you did or didnt or why you did or didnt........... Sufice to say the MAJORITY did and for the 5th time accept that you stance is flawed and very repetative...............get over it man. yours is not the only opinion on here and to be truthful I could have written your responce to this situation BEFORE we knew the result.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

Unless you can show that the majority of those who claimed their rebates did so for footballing reasons and not to ease their financial burden then your claim that it ''sends out a very clear message'' is speculative at best. It''s very easy to suggest that if City were doing well then fewer people would have claimed, but in the absence of relevant statistics it''s a claim which lacks sufficient evidence. Thus, I''m not convinced by your testimony. Produce the required evidence and I''ll be willing to change my mind. [Y]
    [/quote]

I REPEAT      

Oh I''m pretty sure that you and your lot  would have made it very straightforward if it had been as conclusive the OTHER way