Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEW BLOG - A different shade of yellow

Very insightful.... I haven''t bothered to look at it, if truth be known, just felt sorry for the poor schlep who''d penned it (I''m guessing there won''t be a follow up?) so thought I''s start of the tidal wave of appreciative posts.

I thought it was a good read actually, interesting way of looking at it.

Although i don''t think a club from Norfolk who plays in yellow and green and are nicknamed "The Canaries" will ever be thought of as cool lol.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Although i don''t think a club from Norfolk who plays in yellow and green and are nicknamed "The Canaries" will ever be thought of as cool lol.

[/quote]Good. I detest the whole football is trendy  every time England reach a semi final bandwagon.

Yes - I''m afraid unless you support the team local to where you grew up, at least local professional team, then you are a glory hunter. If you start supporting a team because they are successful, that makes you a glory hunter. All Leeds fans from outside west yorkshire are still glory hunters in my book, no matter how crap Leeds are now!

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Can you be a ''glory supporter'' when Norwich City is your team?

http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/shadeofyellow.aspx

[/quote]With the reference to colour in the title, I thought you were going to refer to this old story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/1445069.stm

(In particular, look at the comment under the second photo!)

[/quote]

Cheeky bastards!

we were one of the coolest teams in the premiership in the 90s ..

norwich was a respected team and a feared team at one point .

i was very proud to be a canary fan and wore my norwich kit as a kid with pride .

how things are of late they are not cool to say the least .

i had ncfc written in felt tip on the back of my ruc-sack with milk cup winners 1985 .

the good old days hey .

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]Yes - I''m afraid unless you support the team local to where you grew up, at least local professional team, then you are a glory hunter. If you start supporting a team because they are successful, that makes you a glory hunter. All Leeds fans from outside west yorkshire are still glory hunters in my book, no matter how crap Leeds are now![/quote]

Sorry mate but your first sentence is complete nonsense! If that is the case then i would be supporting Arsenal.Or to a lesser extent Watford or Luton.Or even Spurs like my brothers,who could hardly be classed as glory hunters!Most people support Norwich because a) They are from there,b)they have family from there or c)some really obscure,tenuous reason,not because of our trophy cabinet!!

Your second sentence is spot on.I grew up through the 70/80''s and had loads of schoolfriends who supported Liverpool![:@]

[quote user="SPat"]Blog window is too narrow for the text displayed using latest Firefox
[/quote]

Hopefully Vince will sort it out soon, Cheers for having a look though.

It''s even worse than the first one and that is saying something!

I haven''t read either of them, of course., I just have a dislike of blogs - how vain do you have to be to assume that anyone else couyld give a monkey''s chuff about your views. And as for Twitter....

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]Yes - I''m afraid unless you support the team local to where you grew up, at least local professional team, then you are a glory hunter. If you start supporting a team because they are successful, that makes you a glory hunter. All Leeds fans from outside west yorkshire are still glory hunters in my book, no matter how crap Leeds are now![/quote]

Thats boll#*$s. I was born in Norwich, but my parents moved when I was 18months old to the north. I grew up in Wigan. Does that mean I should support Wigan?! I don''t think so. Norwich is my team, and always will be, no matter where I live. Simple as that.