Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Not unhappy with these free transfers but

It all depends on what then happens with Clingan and Hoolahan. Individually thse guys look like they could be useful additions to the squad but if we then go and sell our 2 best players and try and claim these boys are replacements for them then I will not be happy.

If Clingan does go i expect us to flash some cash if we are serious about promotion!

[quote user="SpA"]How much did Clingan cost again? [/quote][:D]

[quote user="SpA"]How much did Clingan cost again?
[/quote]

I take your point but Clingan was an experienced N Ireland international who was virtually the first name on the N Ireland team sheet. He was never really a risk.

All I am saying is that bolstering the squad with these sorts of signings is great but if we sell Clingan for £1m i expect to see some of that spent (preferably on Alan Lee or someone of his ilk).

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="SpA"]How much did Clingan cost again? [/quote]

I take your point but Clingan was an experienced N Ireland international who was virtually the first name on the N Ireland team sheet. He was never really a risk.

All I am saying is that bolstering the squad with these sorts of signings is great but if we sell Clingan for £1m i expect to see some of that spent (preferably on Alan Lee or someone of his ilk).

[/quote]I suspect there''s a good dollop of hindsight there.  In 12 months somebody could say, Turdur wasn''t a risk because he was a Welsh international.

He was, unlike Gary Holt who was a hornet [:)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I thought he was a free wasp.[/quote]

He was a free tree! You know... Clingan came from Forrest...tree...gerrit?

I''ll get me coat.

[quote user="Mushroom"]I know he''s Welsh, but come on...[/quote]I know Clingans from Northern Ireland, but come on..... [:P]