Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Relegation could have saved us!

i dont like to say it ut it could of! Gunn is now chasing players who will have lower wages and offloading the higher payed, credit to him for that. with the lower wages ticket sales should pay for them and it should allow for money signings when we hopefully return to the Championship. If we had of stayed in the championship the higher payed players probably would have stayed and that could have led to administration.

I can understand your point, but i don''t think administration was a serious threat IMO our board has been to prudent for that.

I do however feel that religation may well help the on field aspect of the club which has been damaged by our too prudent board and bad management. Gunn is now looking to bring in hungry players with a point to prove who are going to be giving 100% rather than last year''s bunch of over-paid tossers here to pick up their weekly wage but deem themselves too good for this league and probably the Championship.

So yeah i do agree religation may have saved us, but not in the manner you think it has.

I think its good that we are at last starting to see signs that we will have our own team to support again, I got sick of going to matches and not knowing who the players were!

I have often wondered if NCFC would be better off financially playing in the lower leagues with the smaller wages involved; maybe that''s what our board have figured out, and it was what they meant ultimately with that dreadful Prudence with Ambition mantra. Fourth Division anyone? Gates no smaller than an average of 14 or 15k, and wages of what, 30 or 40k per annum per player. With a playing squad of say 18, that would mean no more than a total of £720,000 per year for players wages.