Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Who's to leave?

Gill, and Tudur Jones if he signs,  is good transfer work by Gunn and Co.What does it say about the possible leavings?Pattison is not out of contract but will anyone want him? Is he going to have a wide left opportunity?Clingan seems to be a dead cert to leave.Hollahan - more delayed because of his injury. Is he on the way out also?Gill and Tudur Jones seem to be central midfielders.We shall also have Spillane who is able to play there, although he may be needed at right back if Semi can''t shake himself awake.I believe that Clingan will go, - to produce some income and get one of the highest paid off the books.I doubt that we will be able to hold on to Hoolahan, but I hope that he stays. He provides some creativity. He would command a transfer fee also, and is probably well paid.There are rumours of still further midfielders, and I suppose they are as prone to injury as anyone, so we shall need cover. If we sign another central midfielder, then I think we can expect Hoolahan to go also.

Clingan is definitely off just waiting to try and capture as much intrest and profits as possible, Hoolahan will be sold in January i believe as injury will place doubts in many sides heads, Pattison will stay (unfortunately). Looking forward to getting the Luton bunch back bring some pride back into the club !

[quote user="King Of The Mushrooms"]

I think seeing that we have signed 2 central midfielders, that clingan is definatly on the way out

I agree that no body is really going to want pattison so we will be stuck with him

[/quote]

we haven''t signed 2 centre mid''s yet!

[quote user="King Of The Mushrooms"]

I think seeing that we have signed 2 central midfielders, that clingan is definatly on the way out

I agree that no body is really going to want pattison so we will be stuck with him

[/quote]

The 2nd midfielder is a done deal pretty much, well that''s the direction the reports from the BBC are pointing in

Perhaps Russell is the one to make way? Plus we''ve lost Fotheringham. At the moment it''s been Fozzy out Gill in.

If Clingan was getting picked for NI whilst playing for Forest in league 1 i don''t see why he wouldn''t give us another year at least.

what about darrlell russell ... stay or go ?

its gone quiet regards to him do you think he could do a good job , would he be first choice in the middle of the park ?

Id love to see Fatty Matty Patty back on the pitch I think his size and play style would do us some good in league one !

Alas dont see it happening

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]

I Recon Clingan Would Personally Want To Stay. But I Recon The Board Or Whoever Would Sell Him!

[/quote]

I hate the whole "my mate says that..." or "I know someone who knows that....", but....Super Sammy was at a soccer school in Belfast a couple of weeks ago. My mate was at it and knowing that I''m a big fan of the fella (both for NI and Norwich), he got me his autograph. During the process, my mate asked if he was leaving Norwich. His response was "yeah, looks that way".

Sorry that this isn''t earth-shattering news but perhaps is indicative of what''s round the corner. (P.S. This was prior to the breaking of the news that Coventry were sniffing around)

Surely the biggest sticking point with Clingan will be his contract?The club wont keep him if he doesnt sign a contract extension because isn''t he out of contract next summer? That means he can start talking to other clubs in January.In all honesty as the most saleable asset I would be getting him to sign a years extention or selling him because right now we need money or players. Not someone who may well be gone - at least in his head, by January.

I Recon Someone Will Go. But Don''t Forget We Have A Reserve Team Able To Play Now, So Maybe Gunn Is Getting Enough Players For That. Because We Don''t Have Many Players To Be Honest.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]I Recon Someone Will Go. But Don''t Forget We Have A Reserve Team Able To Play Now, So Maybe Gunn Is Getting Enough Players For That. Because We Don''t Have Many Players To Be Honest.[/quote]Just curious Jen, but why do you start every word with a capital letter?

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Haha, I Don''t Know Really I Just Do, Its A Weird Habit I Guess! :)[/quote]Seems a bit like hard work. Most on here don''t use any capitals at all. BTW, the name Jen_Jen, is there TWO of you? [:D]

Hmmmm I''m Used To It I Guess. Haha, If There Is 2 Of Me Then That Means More Support For The Team! :p   Jen_Jen Is A Friends Nickname For Me. :)

[quote user="Mushroom"]Why do I genuinely get the feeling all three of those could stay? Weird, just got a hunch.[/quote]

Had that gut feeling too, but it normally means i''ve got wind lol   [:D]