Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

O T J signing details..........."Undisclosed fee"

For those interested I saw it mnetioned that OTJ had signed for an "undisclosed fee"

I thought this was strange because it was widely reported that he was out of contract at Swansea.

After doing some digging and ringing a friend the "undisclosed fee" is actually due to OTJ having a 12 month option (by Swansea) in his current contract.

I have been told its a really small compensation fee for Swansea to waive the option.

Also Canariesworld has a nice little interview up with the man himself.

So was he out of contract or was there an option???I demand answers!!!Now!Sorry - went into a weird TFAA universe for a moment there - really I couldn''t care less [;)]

This might explain things:

BBC Sport understands that Welsh midfielder Owain Tudur-Jones has moved to Norwich City for a fee of around £250k.

It was thought that the Swans wouldn''t be able to re-coup and money for the Wales international, as he was out of contract, and over the age where compensation is required to be paid.

However, as he''d played enough first team games last season for a contract renewal, the Canaries needed to pay a fee in order to release Tudur-Jones from his deal.

The 24 year old passed a medical at Carrow Road earlier today and penned a three year deal.

Damn those goddamn facts that make conspiracy theories so hard to keep going!!!Damn them to hell!!!!!!!!!Sorry - I''m definitely alright again now...

[quote user="LQ"]So was he out of contract or was there an option???

I demand answers!!!

Now!

Sorry - went into a weird TFAA universe for a moment there - really I couldn''t care less [;)]

[/quote]

Swansea had the option to either sign him for one more year or let him go now.

As he demanded a transfer because of lack of first team oppotunties it''s unlikley Swansea would sign a player who doesn''t want to be there and is somewhat surplus.

Technically they could have forced him to sign a one year deal but holding a player hostage is not ideal way to get the best out of player you are paying.

I think he is somewhat a victim of the success of Swansea. By all accounts Martinez wanted him to stay before he left himself.

You will noticed he signed a 3 year deal with Norwich which is somewhat longer than the club would have prefered but......... if he turns out to be a success (ala Sammy) it looks very shrewd business.

Another interesting, promising signing.

On another note, does this signing, with the transfer and agents fees associated with it, therefore suggest that perhaps administration isn''t quite as imminent as some would have us believe...?

Why don''t our club ever explain things? I understand every fee is technically ''undisclosed'', but having said that it was widely known OTJ was out of contract.  Surely a ''nominal fee'' statement explaining City had to cover the ''year''s option'' clause.  This could have saved all the head scratching.

Hmm, it would never do to ascertain the facts about what our ''economic with the truth'' board get up to would it? Especially if you''re an ambitious lickspittle! 

[quote user="colneycanary"]This might explain things: BBC Sport understands that Welsh midfielder Owain Tudur-Jones has moved to Norwich City for a fee of around £250k. It was thought that the Swans wouldn''t be able to re-coup and money for the Wales international, as he was out of contract, and over the age where compensation is required to be paid. However, as he''d played enough first team games last season for a contract renewal, the Canaries needed to pay a fee in order to release Tudur-Jones from his deal. The 24 year old passed a medical at Carrow Road earlier today and penned a three year deal.[/quote]

The facts look close to what I was told except the fee............. 250K for compensation over a contract clause?

I think that number has been pulled from thin air.

Where did we get £250k from, or are we merely spending money which will be coming our way in upcoming player sales?!

Now would be a good time to have CAM around....but hey, it''s to do with players under 24 (or was it 25, either way) being subject to compensation or something.

[quote user="Largey"]Where did we get £250k from, or are we merely spending money which will be coming our way in upcoming player sales?![/quote]

I have an update I have been told that the compensation fee is not close to being upfront risk.

It is all tied to a number of future success factors such as, if we gain promotion, the number of times he plays for us. (so if he goes down injured we won''t owe the full fee amount ect)

Basically if we pay out the full fee he would have been a tremendous success here and we will be playing in the Champs. 

I think I could handle that!