Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Gunn Making All The Right Moves

I think GJL has posted the first negative comment on this board for about 2.5 hours , That in its self shows that most people are begining to realise we are begining to build again, (Slowly but surely) confidence will come back. BUT there is a long way to go.

[quote user="singing canary"]

first wizard ... i know we agree on some including "thoughts on delia "

yet are you showing a little confident in mr gunn ..??? maybe just a ickle bit ?

[/quote]

Err? Hmm? Maybe an incy wincy show of promise.[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/shutit.gif[/img]

As long as Gunn makes the ''right moves'' that see us in the top 6 around Christmas....I''ll be optimistic. 

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yes it''s all going to be so amazing, fantastic signings.[/quote]  Ahh  Normal service will soon return to this board!!

I''m keeping an open mind. I think that''s all we can do. Gunn is making the right kind of signings so far - 100% who I''d have gone for.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Can''t say I''m particularly impressed with any of these signings so far, if as expected we sign Nelson aswell, seems to me like Gunn''s assembling a team full of lower league sh!te,

This wasn''t the formula that either Leicester or Peterborough used to get out of this league last season.

[/quote]i think that actually if you look into it, this is very much how peterborough did it... and looking at their signings they''re still doing it the same way... take today for eg they are in for a right back from hereford... guess he is lower league sh!te right? and there was rowe from Stockport signed in may... Their team when they went up had dean keates, former walsalll journeyman midfielder coming towards the end of his 20''s... Youngsters from the youth set up and players they toook a gamble on like mackail smith from dagenham Mclean from grays and boyd from stevenage. Leicester have a lot more money than we have... still their top goalscorer was matty fryatt - ex lower league forward... their team is a mixture of lower league and youth team players like jooe mattock. Just because a player is from the lower league it doesn''t make him ''sh!te'' as you put it. the two teams you mentioned are teams filled with players who didn''t quite hit the heights and were given a second chance... they are hungry and keen to succeed... to give it their best shot. So far both Gunn''s signings fit into these categorys.

OT...WIZ! please shhtop sounding so positive, since you''ve had that kitten you''re a changed wizard!i hope you haven''t lost your hexing powers!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Mushroom"]Come on, LQ - you can''t leave us hanging with that, what''s the story?[/quote]Can''t tell you. That''d be taking the thread off topic![;)][/quote]

Many years ago I used to know a tease named Lisa.

[/quote]Ok.Now I''m worried...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]As long as Gunn makes the ''right moves'' that see us in the top 6 around Christmas....I''ll be optimistic. [/quote]

There comes a point when we ALL (me included) have to stop bitching and get behind Gunn and the team.

I (like most people) have a lot of reservations about Gunns ability to manage.

I will be very happy to be proved totally wrong.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]As long as Gunn makes the ''right moves'' that see us in the top 6 around Christmas....I''ll be optimistic. [/quote]

There comes a point when we ALL (me included) have to stop bitching and get behind Gunn and the team.

I (like most people) have a lot of reservations about Gunns ability to manage.

I will be very happy to be proved totally wrong.

[/quote]

Time will tell.....

How is Tudor Jones an impressive singing, he''s a swansea reject! Are we so shite now, we should be getting excited about rejects from swansea. I dont mind the Gill signing, at least he''s a player whos had a good season, but i would the rather the 250k was spent on a cm from league 1, 2 or even the conference who had an impressive season last season.We need to stop signing Premiership and Championship rejects and focus on getting in-form, talented and hungry players from the lower leagues. Its a formula that worked for Peterborough and i just feel that 250k could of been better spent. Getting a few players like Tudor Jones for a free would ok but spending money on him when we dont have a lot, i feel is a waste.

[quote user="First Wizard"]The proof will be in the pudding, or how the new guys play, but no complaints so far.[/quote]jury is still out for me aswell...we need a striker and a keeper + 3 or 4 more

We fought off Swindon to land this guy he must be first rate , Gunn is building a squad that will be in League one for years to come . If we signed a subbuteo player with one arm broken off The Chirp would be hailing it as the signing of the century .Remember those signings of Grants that were going to walk the Championship , or maybe those of Roeder last season that were destined for the top six , yep me too , lets just stop bigging everybody up as a great signing untill they at least prove they are not the lower league journeymen that they look on paper .

[quote user="ncfcfan"]How is Tudor Jones an impressive singing, he''s a swansea reject! Are we so shite now, we should be getting excited about rejects from swansea. I dont mind the Gill signing, at least he''s a player whos had a good season, but i would the rather the 250k was spent on a cm from league 1, 2 or even the conference who had an impressive season last season.We need to stop signing Premiership and Championship rejects and focus on getting in-form, talented and hungry players from the lower leagues. Its a formula that worked for Peterborough and i just feel that 250k could of been better spent. Getting a few players like Tudor Jones for a free would ok but spending money on him when we dont have a lot, i feel is a waste.[/quote]

He wasn''t a Swansea reject actually. They wanted him to stay but he wanted to leave for more regular football. I''ll get the link form skysports if you want?

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"][quote user="ncfcfan"]How is Tudor Jones an impressive singing, he''s a swansea reject! Are we so shite now, we should be getting excited about rejects from swansea. I dont mind the Gill signing, at least he''s a player whos had a good season, but i would the rather the 250k was spent on a cm from league 1, 2 or even the conference who had an impressive season last season.We need to stop signing Premiership and Championship rejects and focus on getting in-form, talented and hungry players from the lower leagues. Its a formula that worked for Peterborough and i just feel that 250k could of been better spent. Getting a few players like Tudor Jones for a free would ok but spending money on him when we dont have a lot, i feel is a waste.[/quote]

He wasn''t a Swansea reject actually. They wanted him to stay but he wanted to leave for more regular football. I''ll get the link form skysports if you want?[/quote]So, we want Simon Lappin to stay but i would still say he''s a reject. He was about their 5th choice midfielder and that was with their star midfield out injured all season, at best he was no more then back up to the first team. Im not saying he''s a bad signing because he''s done ok in this league before, i just dont agree that for 250k its a good signing.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We fought off Swindon to land this guy he must be first rate , Gunn is building a squad that will be in League one for years to come . If we signed a subbuteo player with one arm broken off The Chirp would be hailing it as the signing of the century .Remember those signings of Grants that were going to walk the Championship , or maybe those of Roeder last season that were destined for the top six , yep me too , lets just stop bigging everybody up as a great signing untill they at least prove they are not the lower league journeymen that they look on paper .[/quote]

haha okay LC FC... once you have something to say that isn''t negative for the sake of being negative i''ll listen! Who should we have gone for instead? go on amaze me. No really... if you''re going to give it... give me the names of who you would be after with norwich''s financial restrictions... i can''t wait to see this list... i''ll mail it straight to gunn, i have his address so it''ll be off to him as soon as i get it :-) I do say negative things, but only when i think it is just to do so...

i am not positive for the sake of it. In fact in my blog there are a

number of slants at the board, roeder and co... It''s how you say it...If you are as negative on here as you are in your home life then god help the ones closest to you!

soorry... writing too quickly... i meant to say... if you are as negative in your home life as you are on here then god help the ones closest to you...

yep.. that''s right... second time lucky and all that... to sum up... chear up... it might never happen! p.s really looking forward to an insightful list of who you would go after if you were the manager of Norwich City... No doubt you would do a stirling job i am sure!

Two freebies that are downsizing in talent from the plop we already had on our books???

How easily pleased you are... [:$]

Those at the club haven''t learnt any lessons and still a lot of our fans with fluff for brains are embarassingly in the same boat also. 

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="sturgeon220"]
This is getting scary now  people are starting to sound positive!!  Oh, I really hope this feeling lasts.  I love a good promotion season it gets the whole city buzzing!!  Oops, see whats happend ? I am getting carried away now!!
[/quote]

I have been positive for a while, the intial disapointment of the appointment had to go for me, I am a positive bloke. I will stand by my prediction of immediate return to the Champ and if we continue to get players like we have, then I will continue to be positive.

[/quote]

So says the guy who was predicting play-offs or better for the last 3 years??? [:$]

[quote user="Buckethead"]I have to give team Gunn credit for being pragmatic enough to understand we need our squad assembled as early as possible to maximise team building and training, a big failing in recent years IMO. We need to steal any advantage possible this year and assembling and traning with a settled squad even a week or two in advance of our competitors could turn out to be priceless.
[/quote]

So lets see the facts shall we?

2 players in and 2 players out so far with Clingan likely to follow very shortly.

Not forgetting all of the loanees returned to sender.

I would hardly say that we had a squad strong enough for promotion just yet (considering the one we went down with I do not consider strong enough for promotion either) would you???

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]We fought off Swindon to land this guy he must be first rate , Gunn is building a squad that will be in League one for years to come . If we signed a subbuteo player with one arm broken off The Chirp would be hailing it as the signing of the century .Remember those signings of Grants that were going to walk the Championship , or maybe those of Roeder last season that were destined for the top six , yep me too , lets just stop bigging everybody up as a great signing untill they at least prove they are not the lower league journeymen that they look on paper .[/quote]

haha okay LC FC... once you have something to say that isn''t negative for the sake of being negative i''ll listen! Who should we have gone for instead? go on amaze me. No really... if you''re going to give it... give me the names of who you would be after with norwich''s financial restrictions... i can''t wait to see this list... i''ll mail it straight to gunn, i have his address so it''ll be off to him as soon as i get it :-) I do say negative things, but only when i think it is just to do so...

i am not positive for the sake of it. In fact in my blog there are a

number of slants at the board, roeder and co... It''s how you say it...If you are as negative on here as you are in your home life then god help the ones closest to you!

[/quote] Give me a list of players that clubs would sell and what sort of prices they would want for said players and i will gladly pick you some out , do you honestly think these players Gunn is signing are capable of promotion , i dont im afraid , but then again maybe we are saving our mouthwatering signings untill last . If we sign that donkey Alan Lee i think i will lose the will to live .

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]We fought off Swindon to land this guy he must be first rate , Gunn is building a squad that will be in League one for years to come . If we signed a subbuteo player with one arm broken off The Chirp would be hailing it as the signing of the century .Remember those signings of Grants that were going to walk the Championship , or maybe those of Roeder last season that were destined for the top six , yep me too , lets just stop bigging everybody up as a great signing untill they at least prove they are not the lower league journeymen that they look on paper .
[/quote]haha okay LC FC... once you have something to say that isn''t negative for the sake of being negative i''ll listen!
If you are as negative on here as you are in your home life then god help the ones closest to you![/quote]He''s just a poor mans smudger without the wit, charm, manners, grace or style of smudge. Who would believe there were such low forms of life on this planet! [:O]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''m keeping an open mind. I think that''s all we can do. Gunn is making the right kind of signings so far - 100% who I''d have gone for.
[/quote]

Ahh yes I remember you saying we should of gine for these two players for years... [:$]

[quote user="CT "]My scum supporting mates tell me that OTJ was a target for scum apparently! If this is true then bloody well done Bryan [Y][8] He''s got no hair, we dont care...[/quote] HA HA HA You really believe that , god help us .

Do agree is some respect Smudge, I have not heard of them prior to signing, but have looked at them and since and had a little scoot on tinterweb. But we all love a signing and theses players, albeit not what we should be aiming for in the grand scheme of things, but they are the sort of players that we need in this league.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Do agree is some respect Smudge, I have not heard of them prior to signing, but have looked at them and since and had a little scoot on tinterweb. But we all love a signing and theses players, albeit not what we should be aiming for in the grand scheme of things, but they are the sort of players that we need in this league.[/quote]

So do you believe the squad that we were relegated with was good enough to win promotion from League 1 last season then?

look on my latest chirp article... under the blog section. there is the chirp''s guide to the summer transfer window... there is a list there of players gunn hasn''t touched as yet. http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspx  This is just the tip of a good hundred or more i could have talked about... but if i were the manager these are the sorts of players i would be looking at. Having watched a number of games at this level i think i good idea... I forgot to say i actually laughed at the subbuteo comment... that was quite funny... Smudge, the team we are building i believe would have kept us in the championship... but will it get in at the first attempt? It''s a big big ask of any team... Anyone involved in football will tell you that. We need to rebuild and get strong again... thank god all the loan players have gone... now lets build our team up again step by step... be it free transfer by free transfer... if they do the job i don''t care who they played for. The two signings look good if not very promising on paper... but the proof will be seeing them play... but if you follow footy like i am sure you do you must see that both players were worth going for? Thus far these are decent signings... and certainly the type of player we need to get out of the mess we are in. Either way we need two players to hit 20 goals a season... I am very interested to see who Gunn will bring in... We can have a great midfield, strong defence and an up and coming goalie... but without two decent strikers we are likely to sit and spin for a while...

Loan City, Chirp and SmudgerThanks for degenerating this thread into a petty childish argument and insult throwing.I intended the post to air my view and see what people think, and you 3 have turned it into a playground with your ''my opinion is better than yours'' bull $ shit.If you wanna argue then PM each other, dont do it on posts, as you can see no one else posted once you 3 started arguing.Idiots.

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"]Loan City, Chirp and Smudger

Thanks for degenerating this thread into a petty childish argument and insult throwing.

I intended the post to air my view and see what people think, and you 3 have turned it into a playground with your ''my opinion is better than yours'' bull $ shit.

If you wanna argue then PM each other, dont do it on posts, as you can see no one else posted once you 3 started arguing.

Idiots.
[/quote]

Well if you must be foolish enough EVERY SEASON to give us the bullets... [:$]